Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

Good morning everyone ~ I wanted to share some exciting news with you about Solstice. Several Floridian Cruise Critic members and I, along with Host Andy and Cruise Critic's Assistant Editor, Melissa Baldwin have been invited to attend a "Solstice Preview" tomorrow afternoon at Celebrity headquarters in Miami.

As soon as I'm home tomorrow night, I will share details with you and know that our members in attendance will jump in and share their thoughts as well.

At this point, we don't know much about what will be unveiled but I am told that there will be some previously unannounced Solstice news shared with us.

Incase the opportunity arises, would your ask if the Aqua Class group assigned to BLU nightly wishes to dine in another specialty restaurant, is the “extra” fee waved?

I have seen this question a few times reading through all of the Solstice threads and although it would be nice it sounds like a pipe dream to me...just bad business actually...because if the AQ class cabins are a couple of hundred $ more the CC class and a AQ guest ate in other specialty restaurants every night at no charge then they would actually be paying less in overall costs than a CC cabin who also ate in the specialty restaurants every night and paid for it and that as they say....doesn't pass the smell test!;)

BUT..if X has overlooked this little tidbit let me know and I will switch from CC to AQ!!:p OR better yet, let them know I figured this out and would be happy to accept a free cruise for my business consulting knowledge!;)

Hi everyone! Host Anne and everyone else attending, looking forward to meeting you tomorrow in Miami. Those of you who can't join us -- well, rest assured we'll share information as soon as humanly possible, including news stories and photos.

I'm working on setting up the page where we'll showcase all of the goodies that come out of tomorrow's event; I'll share that URL here in a little bit!

Not exactly sure what people will be doing with their cameras. The Solstice is still at the shipyard!

If it is like the Show and Tell they had in London, I believe, there could be some cabin mockups or other goodies. I enjoy pictures of anything Solstice, even people talking about it. :D

Hosts Anne & Andy:

You know I'll be there in spirit but blue with envy (Celebrity Blue);)

Speaking of which...

perhaps an insight in why White is now the color of choice for Azamara and Solstice-class ships

and any hope of a RCI-type concierge lounge (at least for Cruise Critic use);)

ask if they need any passenger input for crew training during the transatlantic prior to the inaugural. I'll even pay for the privilege of making progress reports.

Hi Arno !

Those are excellent questions. As you know, I have been wondering about the White color scheme for quite some time. I had always thought there might be a possibility of the color changing before her debut, but I suspect we are probably past that point. I also have been very vocal about the lack of a concierge lounge on Celebrity ships, and would love to see it happen. If the opportunity presents itself, I will be sure to ask the questions, and see what I can find out.

As for passenger input on the Solstice Transatlantic ? I wish you all the best on that one my friend :)

I knew there had to be a good reason to live in Florida:)

To those of you going to the preview, enjoy and I'm looking forward to hearing some more about Solstice when you are back and perhaps seeing some pics.

Phil

Hi Phil !

There are MANY good reasons to live in Florida..... being close to Celebrity's Headquarters is definitely a plus.

It should be a wonderful day tomorrow. I am very excited about it. As I will be attending the late session, you will probably have information on the boards before I can post. I will share my thoughts tomorrow evening.

[quote name=

Incase the opportunity arises, would your ask if the Aqua Class group assigned to BLU nightly wishes to dine in another specialty restaurant, is the “extra” fee waved?

Why would they do that?

This may be already known but if not please ask:

We love the T-Spa Pool on the M-Class. Is there anything such as that on the Solstice: the large salt-water pool with the steel rods for 'lounging' on the sides with bubbles coming up. We get rooms just under the Spa area so we could run up each day and enjoy this.

On the Solstice, I see the AquaSpa which I assume is part of the Spa experince you pay for if you don't have special privilege. Then there is the Solarium with a pool and whirlpools to the side. I assume this has the 'potential' of being similar to the T-Spa.

Inquiring Minds want to Know! We sail next year (Nov 09) on a TA on Solstice.

This is great - can't wait until tomorrow.I'm starting to worry my wife with my fixation on CC!

Denny

Congrats to all of you attending tomorrow. We're all jealous and trembling with anticipation. I would love to see what the lobby looks like. If they do not reveal that tomorrow, that could be good follow-up question...when will we see it?

Have a good time, looking forward to your posts.

Good morning everyone ~ I wanted to share some exciting news with you about Solstice. Several Floridian Cruise Critic members and I, along with Host Andy and Cruise Critic's Assistant Editor, Melissa Baldwin have been invited to attend a "Solstice Preview" tomorrow afternoon at Celebrity headquarters in Miami.

As soon as I'm home tomorrow night, I will share details with you and know that our members in attendance will jump in and share their thoughts as well.

At this point, we don't know much about what will be unveiled but I am told that there will be some previously unannounced Solstice news shared with us.

Looking forward to sharing with everyone tomorrow!!!!

Anne:

Don't forget to check on our Aft cabins..

We were invited too, prehaps because we are elite CC members living in FLA. Unfortunately work got in the way and we are unable to attend. Looking forward to hearing the news from the lucky ones.

If someone is keeping a list of questions, could you please ask if the pastries in the specialty coffee area (Bistro on Five?) will cost extra, or will they be included, as they are in the Cova Cafes on M-class ships.

Also, any information you can get about the size of the angled "hump" balconies, especially in AquaClass, would be very much appreciated! (The look from the photos as if they will be larger.)

We will all be waiting anxiously for your posts and photos (if any are available)!

Snow Road ~ I'll be happy to ask. In fact, if there are other questions folks would like asked, post them here or send me an email today and we'll do our best to get answers for you. Since I have no idea what the format of this event will be, I don't know if there will be a Q&A involved or not but we'll sure try to get any answers we can!

Please find out what meals will be served in the specialty restaurants. I'm really interested in Blu's schedule, but also whether the others will be open for breakfast and/or lunch. Thanks and have a great time! :D

Hello all ~ I have compiled a list of questions from this thread and am taking them along with me tomorrow to Miami. We'll do our best to get them all answered.

Don ~ be assured that I want to find out about our cabins!!!

Phil ~ there are so many wonderful reasons to live in Florida...we just don't want to talk about them too much so it doesn't get too crowded down here!!!

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes. We'll do our best to get reports back to you as soon as we can!!!! Talk to you tomorrow night!

Can you ask if they will have a floor plan so people can tell which bed./sofa configuration they have in their cabin..

Have a great day! The excitement is really building for this ship~

Can you please ask whether there will be some version of "anytime dining" in addition to the traditional seating choices?

Have a great time. I am certainly jealous. Any chance they'll be taking this show on the road?

Thanks.

Melissa,

Thanks for the link. This sounds like it should be a great event. I am even more excited about this than I am about getting a 3G iPhone on Friday.:D

I just called my good buddy Steve Jobs and he says if that's the way you feel, you can't have one. :D

hcat and Linda ~ great questions....I've added them to my list and will do my best to get answers.

I'm about ready to call it a night so I'm off to print my final list of questions and will be back tomorrow with as many answers as we can gather!

Hi Jim !

Archived