Ken Rush?

Ken has a very long history as CD for Royal Caribbean and for several years now has been the person selected to bring out their new ships. He indicated he will have this role when the Oasis is introduced. I was not overly impressed with his performance as a CD when we first cruised with him but have grown to enjoy and respect his abilities since then. He can be a bit annoying, IMHO, when he chastises members of the audience who are leaving the theater before he has finished his update of the activities that will be taking place later in the evening, but he has everything well organized, and he and his staff offer a full menu of games, activities and shows during the cruise. He is also quite personable on a person to person level and you will see a lot of him throughout your cruise.:)

I have been on several cruises on him, always the new ships it seems. He is very good but sometimes IMHO a bit cocky and there are times when I would laugh at him becuase he would act a bit cooler then he really was. No one kill me for saying that but because I think he is quite good, just a tad full of himself. :rolleyes:

I on the other hand, hated him and thought he was a total bore and extremely arrogant. And he ruined quest. He lets kids in and makes it G rated instead. I guess he is great for some, but for us, he bored us to tears. Thankfully, the CD does not make or break my cruise.

I am going on freedom of the seas on august 17th and my cruise director is ken rush i have never heard of him can anyone give me info on him. On a scale of 1-10 how high would you rank him.

I'd rate him a 12. Yes, he's that good......

• 2 weeks later...

I would give him a 10 as well. He's charming, handsome, funny and very personable. On my cruise I saw him everywhere day or night. I kept wondering to myself...my gosh, does this man ever sleep? He'd be at the club until 2am and then I'd see him again bright and early in the morning. I'm betting you'll enjoy him too.

Wow,

Ken Rush was our very first CD, and that was nearly 10 years ago. I've always remembered because my maiden name was Rush and the last time i used it was on that trip. (no relation).

I do remember he was very nice.

Does not impress me at all. As I have stated before, most (not all) CD's remind me of a used car salesman. This is the case here.

I agree. Not really a fan of him or Spacey.

I prefer someone like Ashley Kerr and her more subdued, genuine, refined, "less-is-more" style.

also how do you think he compares to richard spacey. also do all cruise directors do evolution of dance or just richard spacey.

We have had both of these guys.......Richard Spacey is really,really funny....Ken is not like Spacey in that sense,but I like Ken.....He is a hard worker,I think.......

We had Ken on our cruise earlier this year, on board IOTS. Although admittedly, our first cruise, I had heard of him, and seen him on various TV programmes, and (although I have no-one to compare him with) I'd rate him 9,99 out of 10. Very hard working, personable, approachable, friendly, professional..........

We've know Ken for l3 years, and he is a great cd! He does think that he's all that, but it fits him, and he is very good at what he does! He's quite funny and sarcastic, but we llike that!

I'm not a great fan. He's far too full of himself for my liking. I'd rate him no higher than a 5. Honestly the best CD we've had was on a Carnival cruise years ago. His first name was Corey but I've heard he has left for greener pastures in Las Vegas. He made Ken Rush look like an amateur.

2P.P1

Archived