Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread and very helpful. We presently have cabin E617 on Crown and are trying to change since it looks like the cabin is right in the middle of one of the larger lifeboats. Has anyone been in this cabin? Is it totally obstructed?

Was wondering if anyone who stayed in that location felt more rumbling due to being in the aft? I don't mind the forward pitch but the constant rumbling bothers me. On one cruise (Grand Class Ship) we visited friends who had a cabin near the aft on Dolphin deck and the rumbling was so annoying. Everything in the cabin from the lampshades to items on the desk rattled. I'd never want to deal with that. We've cruised many times but usually stay mid ship but unfortunately there are no cabins available in that location for our sailing as this is a last minute get-away.

Here is a link to my webshot pictures (#10 thru #18)on the Emerald Princess. We were in E701 and my DB in E633 right next door.

Just a note: these cabins, on the Emerald Princess, would be identical on the Crown & Ruby.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2112759580015325211uKgrOd

Thanks so much for the great photos. My best friend and I are doing a "Girls Only" cruise sans husbands and trying to do it inexpensively; so we booked an obstructed view cabin guarantee. We were assigned cabin (E631) in Category F...an "Obstructed view" (NOT!) on the Emerald; and now I see that it is totally unobstructed with fabulous views. It's her first cruise...I know she'll be excited to be able to check out the gorgeous Caribbean ocean view.

Thanks again! You made my day.

Nancy

Thanks so much for the great photos. My best friend and I are doing a "Girls Only" cruise sans husbands and trying to do it inexpensively; so we booked an obstructed view cabin guarantee. We were assigned cabin (E631) in Category F...an "Obstructed view" (NOT!) on the Emerald; and now I see that it is totally unobstructed with fabulous views. It's her first cruise...I know she'll be excited to be able to check out the gorgeous Caribbean ocean view.

Thanks again! You made my day.

Nancy

E631 on the will be the same as E630 in my exterior photo. For a cat F obstructed view, this is a pretty good cabin. Now if I were you, I would have your travel agent mark this as "DO NOT UPGRADE" unless you want to hope for an upgrade to a better cabin. Enjoy your cruise! Edited by sunnyv

We are in E209 on Star for 30 nights anyone have a pic of view through E209 or on otherside E210?

I know that someone posted once about E210 on the Star but I can't find it so does anyone have a picture of 209 or 210 on the Star. My understanding is that the view is quite good. We are on her March 16th

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.... When you go in March, could you please take a photo from inside that cabin looking out? It looks to be the least obstructed of the obstructed. I have seen many photos of exterior of e209 e210 on Star and Golden (same) and it looks like a plank in front of the window at an angle and not that wide. I have e209 on the Golden in May.

Edited by angyl

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I'm going on my first cruise in March and we got an obstructed view room- E619 on Emerald Princess. It looks like its going to be one of the worst obstructed there is...but I was hoping someone could post a pic of that room or a room close by?

Thanks!!

It will be pretty much like billet's previous post. You will be looking through a tender (it would be better if it was a lifeboat then you would be able to look over it.)

One thing to be aware of is the crew regularly service the tenders. ;) So when changing clothes or coming out of the shower be sure the drapes are closed if you do not want to treat the crew to an unexpected show. :eek:

Have a good trip

I guess it will look pretty much like this - pic of Golden Princess E624 courtesy of an earlier message 47 in this thread:

2578846660095430378S425x425Q85.jpg

I am thinking about going on the Diamond Princess in July to Alaska. At this point the Obstructed View is the same as the Inside cabins and the regular Oceanview are the same as the Balconies. Unfortunately the balcony cabins are out of our price range. Is it worth it to take a chance on the Obstructed or Partially Obstructed cabins??? Or should we split the difference in cost and go on RCCL-Radiance in a regular oceanview cabin?

It seems hit or miss from looking at the photos posted whether the view will be truly obstructed. Would I really be able to get a sense by looking at the deck plans?

Thanks in advance for your input.

We are in E209 on Star for 30 nights anyone have a pic of view through E209 or on otherside E210?

Had to chop our cruise in half, now doing Star Princess 16 nights - Santiago to San Francisco, as per my signature. Been moved to E211, (next door to E209) which looks ok. Sorry I cannot now give the promised pic of E209, but will take one of E211, that is if we don't get moved. LOL

eeks. I was hoping for atleast a sliver of light or glimpse of the ocean. I'm at the aft of largest tender.... oh well.:(

thanks

That photo (above) of Golden Princess E624 was our cabin. It did have a "glimpse of the ocean" but you had to look through the tender to see the ocean. I would have rather had more of a view, but this was an unexpected upgrade from an inside...so it was fine with us!

I am thinking about going on the Diamond Princess in July to Alaska. At this point the Obstructed View is the same as the Inside cabins and the regular Oceanview are the same as the Balconies. Unfortunately the balcony cabins are out of our price range. Is it worth it to take a chance on the Obstructed or Partially Obstructed cabins??? Or should we split the difference in cost and go on RCCL-Radiance in a regular oceanview cabin?

It seems hit or miss from looking at the photos posted whether the view will be truly obstructed. Would I really be able to get a sense by looking at the deck plans?

Thanks in advance for your input.

One thing about Ob-OV cabins...you have to keep in mind..they are larger than an inside..therefore I think even if the view is not that good or totally obstructive..as least you get a larger cabin.

We had an obstructed view cabin on our Alaskan cruise. We did not look over the lifeboat very often, but occasionally we would see enough to know there was something we'd like to see closer--and then we'd grab our binoculars and walk downstairs one deck to the Promenade Deck.

There's only been one cruise where we had an outside cabin without an obstruction. We did not sit looking out the window very much on that cruise either.

This thread is a great resource for those willing to do a bit of research and book a relatively inexpensive OV cabin with minimal obstructions. We just booked a cabin (E415) on the Sapphire Princes to Alaska and it appears that there are some spot lights bellow the window but other than that, the view should be great. My question is, since this room does not accommodate more than two people, is the bed against the (windowless)wall? Any pics?

• 4 weeks later...

Someone may find this useful someday, so here is the "fully-obstructed" view out from E631 of the Star Princess, taken during last month's Antarctic Peninsula cruise. Needless to say, we were pleasantly surprised to have this particular fully-obstructed view. Also, it is true that when embarking from Buenos Aires, the majority of the good views will be on the starboard side.

E631_Star.jpg.b55b5df6188315d79b372bc40a8c82a0.jpg

E631_2_Star.jpg.6931088b03804f5620a3804d6428ac93.jpg

Hi everyone, I know this thread is about view from "Obstructed View" staterooms, but we have booked to go on Sea Princess in March 2011 our first cruise and we have booked D318 on Deck 8 Dolphin deck which is just in front of/ or behind depending on how you view the deck, obstructed view staterooms. Does anyone have any photos of this stateroom? or any info on this room.

Texmex

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking of going on the emerald next yr. was wondering if there are any pictures of E 601 As we're doing 2 - 10 day cruises b2b and this cabin is available for both

I have a picture of E602 from the Ruby, which should be similar to E601 on the Emerald.

img_2857.jpg?w=300&h=225

• 2 weeks later...