We Are NEVER Leaving Maasdam........ Ever!!!

sail7seas

We are so loving being aboard 'our' Maasdam that we've decided to stay and stay and stay as long as the cash olds out. :D

Her crew is so amazing it's hard to describe how they work so hard to give us such a good time and are always cheerful and friendly and trying so vrey hard to please everyone. It is obvious to us there are fewer of them but they work harder and harder.

We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary aboard and the celebration was out of this world wonderful.

Last weeks weather was great and so far, we're lucky this week as well.

We are in charlottetown and the morning clouds and rain have moved off and we are about to exit onto the new pier and take a nice walk about.

The entertainment aboard seems to be the biggest issue. Guests are not happy with the shows, the entertainment and apparently the changes in this department are not pleasing evreyone. Creative attempts are being made to try to make it more to guests' liking.

We have a new Captain aboard and he's great. He was Chief Officer on Prinsendam and more recently in Venice as the team working to bring out Eurodam. Andre von Schoonhaven (I sooo hope I spelled it correctly :o) and he and Hotel Manager Firmin van Walle extraordinaire are great together. Firmin has always taken such good care of Maasdam and certainly continues to notice and tend to and handle whatever it is, wherever it is, that needs attention. He's absolutely one of the very, very best.

Maasdam 's crew continues to be what makes her so wonderful.

DH and yearning to go ashore so we are off.

More later.

Hope all and everyone is well!

I'm so glad you checked in, Sail. For some reason the title of your thread didn't surprise me at all. :) Thanks for the information on Maasdam's new captain ... that stuff always interests me. Glad your weather has been nice - that always adds to the pleasure. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Sail - you are having great luck with the weather! After all those days with pop up T-storms (I think we had something like 16 out of 19 days:eek: ) last week and this have been almost picture perfect! I know you're having a lovely time. If you get a chance, tell us about the new pier in Charlottetown. This can wait til you get back, if you ever do, ;) but I'll be heading to Montreal for the 10/4 sailing of the Maasdam, and would love to know!

You've made being aboard ship sound entirely wonderful. I am a huge fan of the Maasdam as well.

This Florida resident can't wait for this ship, and the others, to get themselves back down here for the winter season.:p

Congratulations upon 39 years of marriage to you and Mr. sail7seas.

Hi Sail,

I was so glad to see your post, SOOOO, are you getting off (kicking and screaming in a classy way, I would assume...ooops there's that word again), or NOT?

I'd like to be in Maasdam heaven too,

Have a great "rest of the cruise"

GN

what wonderful news that Andre is now Captain of the Masdam. We met him on the Princendam World cruise a few years ago,and then on the Statendam. A well deserved promotion. Hopefully one day we will sail with him at the helm. Have a wonderful trip. Alsas

Sail, I am so thrilled you and DH are having such a wonderful time. I missed your post this morning because I had to leave early to go downtown for Jury Duty:o I just got back but may have to re report Thursday:eek:

Happy Anniversary to the two of you:)

I got bets as much as you do not want to leave the Maasdam the crew do not want you to leave either:D

We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary aboard and the celebration was out of this world wonderful.

Hope all and everyone is well!

Sail, Congratulations!

We hope to cruise on Maasdam at some point. We love Veendam and I understand they are sister ships.

Good to hear from you S7S! Keep having a great time! Also great news about Andre van Schoonhoven. We just had him as Chief Officer on Eurodam's prelude and r/t Copenhagen and rumor had it he was next line to get a ship. Congrats to him on his promotion!

Congratulations to you and DH on 39 years of marriage. May there be many more. And spend them on your Maasdam! :D

So good to hear from you, and to learn you're having a good time. Weather's been so nice here---but it must be even better when you're at sea.

Looking forward to all the juicy details about the entertainment difficulties. There's time for that when you get home. Oh, yeah. You said you're not coming home.

Hummmm. ;)

Happy Anniversary and make sure you send postcards and check in here occasionally....we'll miss you;)

But seriously, I would love to hear more details about the entertainment department snafus!:eek: :rolleyes: :p I'm sure you're making the most of it all though!

Good to hear from you, onboard your Maasdam.

I am targeting your Maasdam for my next HAL cruise, based only on your own experiences, over time. Since you will still be on her, I guess I'll see you onboard. :)

Sail: We love your Maasdam also. Hey, wait a minute, I thought she was ours!! Oh well. I guess we have to share her. Yes, we love the ship and her crew also. In fact, my DH and I just booked our next cruise onboard the Maasdam for this January - a 14 day cruise to the southern Caribbean. Take good care of the ship for us.

Happy Anniversary, Sail, and thanks for checking in. So glad you're having a wonderful time ...

Looking forward to the detailed report when you return home .... after the money runs out, that is....:D

Archived