Latest Glimpse of Solstice...here!

editor@cruisecritic

Love the wonderful, very clear pictures, and very excited to get on this Awesome ship!

We will have 5 days to explore, on the TA this spring.

My concern is:

The Balcony rooms, appear to have a "gap" between balconies. This is not appealing at all!. It will infringe on privacy. Can the partitions be moved to make each balcony private??

Never seen this before.

Thanks

I think the interior pictures are GORGEOUS!!! I will say, however, that for the first time, I think the specialty restaurants look better than the regular dining room. It just looks like the ceilings are so low. I am sure it will be better in person but... I actually liked the look of Blu FAR more than I thought I would. I think it looks beautiful. Question... was no one allowed in the Asian Grill place? I didn't see any pictures of that? I think the balconies look very nice also.

jt1120... could you check and see if you can open up balcony dividers on deck 9? In all the photos I have seen, it only looks like you can open up dividers every two cabins?? I am hoping that there are dividers installed on those steel walls that separate every two cabins. I know you aren't staying on the 9th deck, but maybe you will run into someone?? There are NO shots where I can figure this out.

She will be heading our way SOON!!!!!:D

Love the wonderful, very clear pictures, and very excited to get on this Awesome ship!

We will have 5 days to explore, on the TA this spring.

My concern is:

The Balcony rooms, appear to have a "gap" between balconies. This is not appealing at all!. It will infringe on privacy. Can the partitions be moved to make each balcony private??

Never seen this before.

Thanks

Yes, all those dividers are in the "open" position right now to allow for easy access as they work. You will have a private balcony. It is a nice concept for people traveling together though. No worries.

I've been blessed to be Carnival free for 5 years.

Ha, I think it's safe to safe to say that Carnival decided to decorate using Tammy Faye Bakker as inspiration. Or gave crayons to monkees and said go!

Matt,

So glad you have been healed!

I also agree that the wine tower should be a really neat feature in the dining room.

Daph

I've been blessed to be Carnival free for 5 years.

Ha, I think it's safe to safe to say that Carnival decided to decorate using Tammy Faye Bakker as inspiration. Or gave crayons to monkees and said go!

Matt,

That is the single funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. We have been Carnival-free for our entire cruising lives, thank you. One of the reasons for this is exactly what you have posted. I've seen pictures, I don't need to see it in person.

Hylasgirl,

I'll check into the balcony issue for you, but I'm betting that we'll learn about it soon enough from some of the lucky buggers who are sailing pre-inaugural. One month from today, though, I can find out for myself!!!! I'll take a picture of myself on our balcony toasting you, my dear. How does that sound?

I'm still looking for the trays and the tray railing in the buffet.

And is it my imagination, or are there different widths for the chairs in the Main Dining Room?

I have a growing concern that there won't be tray rails in the Lido restaurant. I would think that they would have installed them when they installed the cabinets.

Hypo

I'm still looking for the trays and the tray railing in the buffet.

And is it my imagination, or are there different widths for the chairs in the Main Dining Room?

They probably have one set for the first half of the cruise and the wider ones for later.

Matt,

That is the single funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. We have been Carnival-free for our entire cruising lives, thank you. One of the reasons for this is exactly what you have posted. I've seen pictures, I don't need to see it in person.

Hylasgirl,

I'll check into the balcony issue for you, but I'm betting that we'll learn about it soon enough from some of the lucky buggers who are sailing pre-inaugural. One month from today, though, I can find out for myself!!!! I'll take a picture of myself on our balcony toasting you, my dear. How does that sound?

Sweet!!! Yes... please do.:D Of course I will be down with the poor folks on the 9th deck balconies:) That's what happens when you have to take those damn pesky kids! hee hee

Thanks for checking... I don't care about much on this cruise because it is going to be amazing. But after paying for 3 cabins, 6 plane tickets to Italy, and everything else, I really would like our balcony dividers to open for Happy Hour. I think I am going to have to keep a nice alcohol/caffeine ratio going so I don't focus on what this is costing me! :D

And the crooked "X" straightening out after people line up in the Lido... That's just funny! I agree, the "X" looks like an afterthought. Maybe everyone will get their trays in the Lido after they finish leveling out that "X"??

Some great links to pictures of Solstice. Thanks to those of you who have posted them here and once again, Andreas, nice job:cool:

I think she looks really beautiful. It's really good to see some quirky artwork too. I'm not too sure if she is going to be too big. That's my only concern, but it will be fun finding out on Equinox next year!

Phil

I would venture to say that the X being wonky is caused by the fact that the X is on a rounded funnel. That would make the X bend as the funnel curves. From a fixed point, the X seems askew.

I would have rather seen a standout X instead of a painted one. But, it appears like it was a last minute addition.

However, I will survive and manage to get through a fabulous cruise with a crooked looking X on my ship.

So how would you like your lashes

On my eyelids, thank you.

I'm thrilled to see that your picture taking aptitude has been vindicated, as I believed the ship should have had the =X= from the beginning. An odd looking afterthought at this point, but at least she is following Celebrity tradition.

As stated by another, I'll reserve my critique of this beauty until after I sail the Xmas & NYE cruises. I see no further reason to debate what we see, or don't see, in pictures.

Not a comfortable looking chair anywhere. Even the spa areas look like torture chambers. What were they thinking with the seating in Murano? Who's back fits those? I guess I'll be carrying pillows around the ship:(

Considering no one has sat in the chairs yet, it's a bit premature to say there are no comfortable chairs anywhere. The spa looks like a torture chamber? :confused:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to berate one poster and I apologize if it sounds that way. I guess I'm just puzzled how so many people can post negative remarks about a ship that has not yet had ONE PASSENGER SET FOOT ON IT. Until people are actually ONBOARD, maybe we can hold off on flaying the designers, decorators and engineers until their handiwork is actually utilized. I realize this is cruise CRITIC but geez, they are creating an environment to maintain for a long period of time for close to 3000 passengers per sailing. It is impossible to please everyone but the constant nitpicking on every single detail is astonishing to me. I would imagine the marketing people at X come over here and read all this nonsense and shake their heads in disgust. Is it so hard to wait to critique something until it has actually been experienced in its proper conditions?

It looks like the tables and chairs in Blu are very close together. If you look at the pictures the whole room looks very crowded.

The back of every chair is practically touching another one.There is very little room between the tables.. I think the waiters will be bumping into everyone trying to serve properly.

I think all these negative posts are on to something. Solstice is a disaster! Cancel your bookings quick! The pictures of the chairs, the seats in the theatre, aaaargh! Celebrity has dropped the ball, thats for sure.:rolleyes:

I think all these negative posts are on to something. Solstice is a disaster! Cancel your bookings quick!

Hmmm, I think you're on to something there! Yes people, cancel your bookings now! Cancel now before anyone gets to actually experience the ship as she was meant to be...in service with passengers on board and with the crew operating as intended...

If you are really, truly put off by all these issues that you're finding, then go find another ship more to your liking. There's plenty of variety out there...

If not, at least give it up already until you've been on the darn thing.

Yes, Blu is too pretty. It will take away from the dining experience... and the balcony furniture looks too comfortable also... what if I don't make it up to the hideous dining room? Those cushy beds in the Solarium are also too blue. Anyone agree with me there? And I am really afraid that if I get my big butt into one of those chairs in the theatre, I may not be able to get out and I will have to attend all of their shows that aren't worth seeing in the first place. What if I stick my butt in one of those pod-chambers and I get stuck there?? Has anyone thought of that??!! That is the chair that I am most afraid of. Do they spin? Has anyone else thought of this?? They should spin if they don't... I hope they read this and think "Oh yes, we should make them spin." I mean they DID put the "X" on the funnel after all of us complained. But it does look crooked and why did they only put one? And did anyone else think, as they looked at the picture in dry dock, "is that ALL that is under the water!!!!"?? I expected more of the ship to be underwater. Didn't you?? I hope it doesn't tip over! I am not going to cancel though, because I have got to see this GRASS idea. What were they smoking when they came up with that???

Hmmm, I think you're on to something there! Yes people, cancel your bookings now! Cancel now before anyone gets to actually experience the ship as she was meant to be...in service with passengers on board and with the crew operating as intended...

If you are really, truly put off by all these issues that you're finding, then go find another ship more to your liking. There's plenty of variety out there...

If not, at least give it up already until you've been on the darn thing.

I really don't like the looks of the MDR. I was soooo OK and open minded with it until the recent pictures show it well. I'm not kidding, I don't like the appearance of the room at all and I don't think me standing in it will be more of a breathtaking experience. :o Sorry kids....

I really don't like the looks of the MDR. I was soooo OK and open minded with it until the recent pictures show it well. I'm not kidding, I don't like the appearance of the room at all and I don't think me standing in it will be more of a breathtaking experience. :o Sorry kids....

That is OK....after seeing the photos I have procured the perfect dresses to fix the place up....for 7 nights anyway;)

Archived