Latest Glimpse of Solstice...here!

editor@cruisecritic

Nope... I don't see where the "X" marks the spot in that one either. I really am not saying it's not true, but none of these pictures say or show that they are real pictures. I mean, yes, the other shots are real photos, but it doesn't prove that the "X" is on the funnel.

i would say that the photo in which your message was a reply to, it looks like they are working on that funnel. the "stands" by the first aft funnel look like they were put there in order to add the X. it isn't up there yet, but in this photo it does look like they are working on it.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=92

http://www.kreuzfahrten-treff.de/schiffe-vor-der-kamera-f12/bordfotos-der-celebrity-solstice-t1599.html

These are 2 great links with pictures.

I'm soooo excited. We're on the original inaugural!!

What does everyone think of her looks. I think it's a small step up from Carnival ship's decor!!! LOL

A few things stood out for me.

First off, the buffet area looks like it is organized more like RCL. And that is a good thing. It always felt more efficient to me with multiple stations rather than a long line with sections.

The pool deck looks a bit strange (maybe it will grow on me). Fortunately for me, I don't go to the pool much so it won't really matter.

The cabins really look nice. I can't see enough to tell about storage details, but the layout looks good.

I'm looking forward to Dec 7th!

I'm in general very impressed with the interiours, they are far more European in style than other ships but she is not sterile at all.

It seems that the Grand Epernay has neon lines on the ceilings that can change coulours depending on the "mood" of the moment... I do think however that the dining room looks bland to me in the pictures, but I consider that as a result of too much light and I am sure that at nighttime, the venue will be much nicer.

Blue is SPLENDID

Tuscan Grille is in my opinion too American and I don't care for its colourscheme at all.

Galeria Tastings is a very elegant room, as is Murano, Cafe el Baccio and Michaels Club.

The Sky Observation Lounge and Solarium are very stylish, clean and European but with details that make it warm.

The Atrium is simply stunning and without doubt the most impressive afloat.

Thanks for the great photos--that should keep us busy for awhile checking them all out My reaction after seeing it all is that I wish the ship was more homogeneous in style instead of a hodgepodge of different ones that do not mesh very well..Obviously, as cruisecritics, we all will have our own opinions..& these are just from the photos..

Tuscan grill looks great (someone said too American whatever that is?) Glad we made a reservation there. Some of the more traditional rooms are also quite appealing & we hope to spend alot of time enjoying them

the buffet area looks awfully sterile ,with very hard floors to walk on & then is accented with a jarring neon light--, doubt we will be too happy there but we are not big buffet goers anyhow..

the main dining room makes me feel like the diners will be inside a whale with the large butresses--our first mission will be to get a table upstairs to avoid that area downstairs... also feel the neon detracts from the "upscaleness" of the room... To me neon light is college dorm decor

the atrium looks awesome--great photos!

outdoor pool area looks strange with the curtains (left over from Cirque?)-- very large hot tubs, smallish pools but hard to feel the true scale...indoor pool area looks wonderful with great light & lots of realxing seating, but does the pool seem narrow? the Persian gardens are loking good also-- like the comparable area on Royal's M class which are bright & light!

lawn area--seems a waste--hope it is not too close to the hot glass embers!

The cabins & balconies are also very sleek & comfortable looking--hope those bench counches are soft...

All in all we can't wait to get on board...& enjoy or favorite spaces...it is a very different ship!

Nope... I don't see where the "X" marks the spot in that one either. I really am not saying it's not true, but none of these pictures say or show that they are real pictures. I mean, yes, the other shots are real photos, but it doesn't prove that the "X" is on the funnel.

Alot of people must be trying to trick you :rolleyes: Here is another real picture hope you like it :p Ship+Photo+Celebrity+Solstice.jpg

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=92

http://www.kreuzfahrten-treff.de/schiffe-vor-der-kamera-f12/bordfotos-der-celebrity-solstice-t1599.html

These are 2 great links with pictures.

I'm soooo excited. We're on the original inaugural!!

What does everyone think of her looks. I think it's a small step up from Carnival ship's decor!!! LOL

first celebrity cruise? lol.

Personally, I'm gonna reserve judgment on the Dining room till I see it at night. Adam Tihany is a fantastic designer and I certainly hope that his design was executed well in that space. Right now it seems kinda sterile, but has definitely improved from initial pictures. I do not really like the stairs in there, they could be better. But, the chandelier and the wine tower look quite striking. I imagine that the room is like being inside a glass of champagne. Whether or not it's Dom Perignon or a sparkling duck, we will decide when we get on board. HA

I bet the neon lighting effects are actually LED or fiber optics. If this is the case, the colors that accent might change. hopefully something other than bright blue and red are in the works.

suedI.jpg

hugesizeI.jpg

imageI.jpg

Yippeee!!! Those are better! I was just referring to the scaffolding shots did not prove that they were actually putting the "X" on the funnel. Didn't say it wasn't true, just saying that it didn't prove anything.

It looks great!!! Do you think they are going to put another "X" on the other funnel??

I like the look of the balcony and the balcony furniture. It seems spacious and you can stretch your legs out. Am I right in assuming the dividers between balconies were open for this shot and could be closed for more privacy:eek:

^^^ It does look a little crooked, but it could be the angle of the shot.

I'll reserve my critique of this beauty until after the inaugural. So far though, she looks very modern, very contemporary, very ME!

Archived