Latest Glimpse of Solstice...here!

editor@cruisecritic

I was a little disappointed to see that the fares have not come down at all, with the economy as it is and with the boat about 70% full....:)

For an inaugural cruise? That isn't going to happen. Have you seen what RC is charging for the first Oasis cruise? OUCH! Doesn't matter. To us, it's worth the $$. See you on board in 34 days!

wow look how cool she looks all lit up at night! can't wait...54 days!!!! :D

It is not evening yet we have here late afternoon - but it isn´t that important.

We have fall, therefore.

It looks a little bit colorful with all the colored lights.

If this is a picture from her from the werft i don´t think the ship has any passangers on board.

I don´t think they would be a great of a help for the mechanics.

If there have been any they have been throwen before Portugal probably.

I had a glitch. Here is my latest update on the hump cabins. I think that corrects the errors. Celebrity changed the deck plan I downloaded this past summer that I used to interpret the pictures. This one agrees with the latest version.

SolHump-vi.jpg

I had a glitch. Here is my latest update on the hump cabins. I think that corrects the errors. Celebrity changed the deck plan I downloaded this past summer that I used to interpret the pictures. This one agrees with the latest version.

SolHump-vi.jpg

I assume that 8241 is the mirror on 8242 on the port side? Why are the hump cabins more desirable??

I assume that 8241 is the mirror on 8242 on the port side? Why are the hump cabins more desirable??

The cabins on the front and rear ends of the hump have slightly larger balconies. The ones out on the widest part will have a little better view (theoretically) forward and aft as they extend out and should clear any obstacles that obstruct the views. Those are the basic features that make them preferred, but it is really somewhat subjective. Many people don't find that to matter and prefer other locations for reasons that make sense to them.

Good explanation,

Could anyone tell me what cabin on this view would match up with 9209?

We are onthe other side. I know on the deck plan it is a front hump--hope the balcony is not small or pie shaped--we paid extra for it! We will check it out when we sail in Jan in another cabin--if not to our liking we will switch

Good explanation,

Could anyone tell me what cabin on this view would match up with 9209?

We are onthe other side. I know on the deck plan it is a front hump--hope the balcony is not small or pie shaped--we paid extra for it! We will check it out when we sail in Jan in another cabin--if not to our liking we will switch

My best guess is that 9209 is the same as 9266 so it is possible that the balcony will be slightly larger and the view may be slightly better. And, as Ma Bell said, there may be a bit more wind.

I agree... it looks like a trick.:o I guess we'll see soon enough.

It is not a trick here is a linik to the photo the night before you can see the scaffolding around the funnel Celebrity Solstice

Nope... I don't see where the "X" marks the spot in that one either. I really am not saying it's not true, but none of these pictures say or show that they are real pictures. I mean, yes, the other shots are real photos, but it doesn't prove that the "X" is on the funnel.

Archived