Latest Glimpse of Solstice...here!

editor@cruisecritic

We stayed on the Grande on October 20th and it was excellent. I never stayed before the remodeling, but they did a great job and the hotel is stunning. We stayed in a tower room and we able to see the shipped arrive early in the morning. It is an easy walk to the stores on 17th street. The Grande has to be one of the closest hotels to the port, but they do not offer transportation as far as I know. We were tempted to walk to the pier, but just decided to take a Taxi.

Hello,

most probably I will see Celebrity Solstice never again but it was the most visited cruise ship in my cruiseship-gallery.de .

Therefore I created a christmas card for 2008. Anybody is permitted to download and use it (of course without changing it). There are two versions here:

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/index.php

Hopefully soon I can present some photos from the Celebrity Equinox.

Andreas

Andreas ~ You should sail the ship with all of us sometime! You've taken so many spectacular photos of her you should indeed get to enjoy her sometime!

THANK YOU for your beautiful works of art! They are inspiring!

Andreas!

A heartfelt thank you for all your amazing work. The idea of Christmas cards is a very generous one on your part. They are truly awesome. I have so enjoyed watching the construction & all the pictures that you have entered on your site. I will be sailing on the first TA crossing of the Equinox & this has been a wonderful learning experience for me.

Wishing you a Joyful Christmas & a Safe & Prosperous New Year, (just a little bit early).

Until any upcoming pictures of the Equinox------

Cheers,

Dianne

Andreas,

I agree with everyone else that your pictures have given us all so much pleasure. I especially appreciate the ones I've used on my websites.

While we are on the Solstice in two weeks, I hope to be able to get a clear aft picture without the construction stuff on it.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been on board the Solstice since 11:30am this morning. I've sailed on

over 30 ships and this is by far the most beautiful - its like the Ritz of mass

market cruise ships. Don't delay sail on this beauty.

Bradley from Canada

Can't wait to see your pictures and read your review! Have a great week!

Can't wait to see your pictures and read your review! Have a great week!

Just back from Solstice. We had a great time. I started to read some not so good reviews on the main board but I have to say that I can't believe we were on the same ship with some of these people. There was so much to do that I never got in the pool. I felt there was something for everyone. You could dance in the disco or up in the Sky lounge. So many bars that we tried to have our before dinner cocktail in a different one every night. The Solstice show was just fabulous and don't miss it. The food was much better than when we were on Constellation last month. I spoke with most of the officers and crew. There was always someone to ask me if I like something. We got to visit with some old friends who work for Celebrity. It was like a big family coming together. I was told that the A team was picked for this ship. They all went to Germany and learned everything they could before bringing her over to the USA. The activity staff were great and a lot of fun to hang out with. There are some down sides. The cabin does not have that much storage space. The closet is smaller than on M class ships and there are only 5 drawers. No drawers in the nightstand. They did put shelves in the bathroom and made that much bigger but took some room away from the sleeping area. There is now a big flat screen tv in the room which swings to the bed side or flat on the wall toward the couch. Our room did not have a trundle bed but I just don't think there is enough storage room for more than 2 people. All in all I hated to get off.

Pat

Just back from Solstice. We had a great time. I started to read some not so good reviews on the main board but I have to say that I can't believe we were on the same ship with some of these people. There was so much to do that I never got in the pool. I felt there was something for everyone. You could dance in the disco or up in the Sky lounge. So many bars that we tried to have our before dinner cocktail in a different one every night. The Solstice show was just fabulous and don't miss it. The food was much better than when we were on Constellation last month. I spoke with most of the officers and crew. There was always someone to ask me if I like something. We got to visit with some old friends who work for Celebrity. It was like a big family coming together. I was told that the A team was picked for this ship. They all went to Germany and learned everything they could before bringing her over to the USA. The activity staff were great and a lot of fun to hang out with. There are some down sides. The cabin does not have that much storage space. The closet is smaller than on M class ships and there are only 5 drawers. No drawers in the nightstand. They did put shelves in the bathroom and made that much bigger but took some room away from the sleeping area. There is now a big flat screen tv in the room which swings to the bed side or flat on the wall toward the couch. Our room did not have a trundle bed but I just don't think there is enough storage room for more than 2 people. All in all I hated to get off.

Pat

Pat, I am right there with you. What a GREAT time. The ship was wonderful.

Duane

This is a wonderful ship in every way. Everyone you meet says hello. The food is fantastic, buffet and main dr. We ate at the Murano once and it was great. Didn't have time for the other specialty restaurants because it was so great in the main dr and the buffet. The COFFEE WAS GREATLY IMPROVED! Room service was very good also. The only possible complaint I can think of is too few elevators. The pool area is roomy and great.

We were on Eurodam 11/29 also. It was much nicer than I expected from the board comments but the pool area was too small, hard to walk thru and not enough room for the chaise lounges. Coffee was very good .

Archived