Thanks to the Hosts and management at Cruise Critic

jcrandle

I'd like to express my thanks to the folks at Cruise Critic for using good judgment in allowing the thread about the issues with Cruise Value Center. If there was ever a case where the rules should be judiciously applied, this was it. The impact to cruisers who had payments and cruises in limbo was tremendous. I'd like to say thanks for allowing common sense to prevail.

I agree with all above. Many thanks to "The Powers That Be" for exercising their discretion.

Quick action by the mods, and lots of feedback by helpful posters on how to proceed with a successful credit card claim means this story is going to have more happy endings than usual.

Thank you Cruise Critic!

I'm so glad this thread was allowed as there are many people who may not have found out what was going on with their booking without this thread. I can't imagine paying for a cruise and finding out after the line had canceled my booking that a TA had stolen my money and it was too late to get a credit card resolution!:eek: I really feel bad for those who find out too late!!! I'm sure there will be plenty dealing with this but not those who read these pages thanks to you!

They showed good judgement because this thread helps so many people. In fact I notified a non-CC friend who uses this agency. He hd paid a deposit to them by check a few months ago, and won't get it back, but at least he has time to adjust his future cruise plans.

I'd like to express my thanks to the folks at Cruise Critic for using good judgment in allowing the thread about the issues with Cruise Value Center. If there was ever a case where the rules should be judiciously applied, this was it. The impact to cruisers who had payments and cruises in limbo was tremendous. I'd like to say thanks for allowing common sense to prevail.

I agree, thanks are in order. It was clearly a topical issue and not an endorsement, and I'm glad the manager/moderators recognized that.

Caro

Well of course they would have allowed this and I thank them for it also, but remember, it's not competition and they are closed down, so it was not threat to them or any of their advertisers that pay them to be on this site. It probably brought them more business. This wasn't something out of the goodness of their heart. ;)

Well of course they would have allowed this and I thank them for it also, but remember, it's not competition and they are closed down, so it was not threat to them or any of their advertisers that pay them to be on this site. It probably brought them more business. This wasn't something out of the goodness of their heart. ;)
No, there have been cases before when the mention of 'problem' TAs has not been allowed.

I'm with the others thanking the CC for allowing information in this case. Well done.

Archived