Rants and Raves...

footzz

There's no particular topic for this thread. Just a forum to express what you love and/or hate with regard to the various subjects and posts here on CC. Is there something bugging you? Let's hear about it.

For instance, I'm curious as to why you will see literally 1000's posts on the M&M Roll Call boards leading up to a cruise but few, and I mean very few posts of member reviews of their cruise experiences. I personally enjoy reading the member reviews, but there are never near as many reviews being posted in comparison to other subjects.

There seems to always seems to be plenty of criticism but relatively few critiques. Why is this?

There's no particular topic for this thread. Just a forum to express what you love and/or hate with regard to the various subjects and posts here on CC. Is there something bugging you? Let's hear about it.

For instance, I'm curious as to why you will see literally 1000's posts on the M&M Roll Call boards leading up to a cruise but few, and I mean very few posts of member reviews of their cruise experiences. I personally enjoy reading the member reviews, but there are never near as many reviews being posted in comparison to other subjects.

There seems to always seems to be plenty of criticism but relatively few critiques. Why is this?

Because no matter what, there are ALWAYS those who have to b---h and moan about everything.

FWIW, I also enjoy reading reviews when folks give honest observations and leave out the whining and complaining.

We believe in Jimmy Buffett's philosophy: "a bad day on vacation beats a good day at work. (or something to that effect...;):cool:

My biggest peeve on these boards is when people just can't handle the complaints or opinions of others. You really have to have teflon skin to report a bad experience around here, or to complain about a particular cruise line. Complaint threads and cruise line comparison threads tend to be the biggest magnets for cheerleaders whose favorite lines can do no wrong.

A while back, I reported a bad experience on a particular ship due to unruly passengers. I was made out to be an over-reactor, a liar, and even a racist! It really was ridiculous what people who were not on my cruise had to say.

Just a guess...well mabe an observation as well.;)

A person can post a review then get blasted for something they innocently posted. I read one review where the OP was completely happy and had nothing negative to say. Poor thing then "got it" from others who said everything couldn't possibly have been great all around, and others said they dismiss reviews that are all positive. For HER, the experience WAS all positive and all she was doing was sharing her experience. By no means did I see that she was being, what some people call, a cheerleader for a particular line.

Yes, I realize there is a difference between offering the good as well as the bad and a completely positive review, but there ARE people that are happy with everything. We've cruised 3 different lines and I have no complaints about any that are worth even mentioning.:)

As far as criticizing completely positive reviews, maybe some people have cruised so many times that things are not that special anymore and now put everything under a microscope.

Just a guess...well mabe an observation as well.;)

A person can post a review then get blasted for something they innocently posted. I read one review where the OP was completely happy and had nothing negative to say. Poor thing then "got it" from others who said everything couldn't possibly have been great all around, and others said they dismiss reviews that are all positive. For HER, the experience WAS all positive and all she was doing was sharing her experience. By no means did I see that she was being, what some people call, a cheerleader for a particular line.

Yes, I realize there is a difference between offering the good as well as the bad and a completely positive review, but there ARE people that are happy with everything. We've cruised 3 different lines and I have no complaints about any that are worth even mentioning.:)

As far as criticizing completely positive reviews, maybe some people have cruised so many times that things are not that special anymore and now put everything under a microscope.

Good view and observation on this subject. As cruzin'nana has already stated, "a bad day on a vacation, beats a good day at work any day".:D

There are certainly trolls laying in wait to flame a poster on any board you might visit.

Reacting in a negative or rude way to one of these trolls just shows them that you are sensitive enough to be toyed with, and just what they’re hoping for.

Ignoring them is the most effective way to discourage a troll because responding tends to encourage them to continue their wearisome posts.

It’s sad this breed of Internet participants takes such joy in bringing negativity to a new level while they're berating the opinions of others.

This is my little irritation....

When someone begins a thread saying....

I'm too lazy to look this up!

not just one person has done this, but way too many.

Let me get this straight....

you want me to spend MY time giving you the answer that YOU are too lazy to find regarding your cruise???????????????

I just ignore those posts.

I love helping others ....but not those who are capable of helping themselves but refuse to!

ok, I feel better now!

Thanks!

whining about things getting more expensive...guess what...inflation sucks and prices go up...

Now that I got that out there...I hear what one of the above posters said about needing a teflon skirt to complain...and agree. One can have a great vacation and still take issue with certain aspects of it, its not likely that everything is perfect every time. Seems that too often those that post about challenges they have get bombed by people just b/c they posted something negative

I don't mind hearing negative aspects of someone's experience. What I do find very annoying is the entitlement attitude. Just because something goes wrong does not mean the cruise line should give you something. They just need to fix a fixeable problem or acknowledge your complaint.

I get really tired of people trashing lines they may or may not have ever sailed with (at least recently). You know..."I would never sail on (insert name here) cruise line because they attract a lower class passenger".

Our first cruise was on Celebrity, for no reason except that I wanted a Friday departure out of Seattle and they had one. We booked Carnival next, again for the itinerary. I'd still visit the Celebrity boards from time to time and wow...I really started to get worried that I'd made a mistake booking Carnival! Long story short, we had a great time on our first Carnival cruise and sailed with them again last year. This year we're on Norwegian and Royal Caribbean; I'm just going to ignore the detractors and have two great cruises! :D

It's like my husband (who's an assistant high school football coach) says: cheer for and support your own team without disparaging your opponents!

"Has anyone sailed on ________?"

"Has anyone stayed in room #____?"

"Has anyone done _____ excursion?"

"Has anyone eaten in _______?"

...Well, chances are pretty good that yes, at some point someone has sailed on XXXX, stayed in room #XXXX, done the XXXX excursion, or eaten in the XXXX restaurant ;):p:D.

What's sad is, I'm probably guilty of asking a question such as these :rolleyes::eek::o.

I wish folks would learn to just ignore a topic / thread that doesn't interest them.

If the question has already been asked and answered many times (I've been here nine years!) and you don't want to participate, move on. Answer another one or start your own, but why jump in just to complain about that particular thread?

but there are never near as many reviews being posted in comparison to other subjects.

I can answer for myself why I wouldnt review any cruise, the flamers on CC. If you are not raving over the cruise, and pointing out anything you didn't like you are attacked. Your opinion is not valid. I have also seen folks who will pull a link to a review, just to attack it when it is in the review section, like hahahahha, this person was so awful not liking this and that, they need to change their attitude.

My opinions are my own, and they should be valid but they aren't on this forum who thinks popcorn threads and laughing at others is good entertainment. There is a thread going now on RCL laughing at a review. Why subject yourself to this? I wasnt too thrilled with my last cruise, but if I say a word, folks say get a life and other personal attacks. When you already know this place lots are not nice and think attacking is fun?? Why would I post a review...

One of my pet peeves are posts that claim that the passengers on one of the mass market cruise lines are classier and more upscale than the passengers on the other mass market cruise lines.

I hate this, too.

Why not just accept that people:

1) pay for what they can afford

2) spend what they are willing to spend

3) have their own reasons for using one cruiseline or another

and not assume that some people are low class or snobby for what they choose.

Just wanted to acknowledge this one....the class complaint!

Anyone with class would not make that statement!

On a side note

It was interesting when we got married a couple of years ago to witness what people would percieve or assume a classy, elegant person to be when it came to social protocal!

Our guests that had the least amount of income and education had far more class, respect, manners and thoughtfulness of our special day.

Our guests that we know for a fact are loaded with massive disposable income and very educated were rude to other, disrespectful and never sent even a card to us!

and no this isnt about presents...it was how they dressed and behaved

My biggest pet peeve is when people come on the boards and take things so personal-they over react to what is being said. They take it like it is a personal attack against them or their family. For example, saying anything about the people in Jamaica...and the drug pushers or pushy salespeople. Some people have a fit if you mention anything negative about this. I call this being informed and aware of what might/might not occur.

But for the most part, these boards are fabulous! I am so indebted to almost every single member of these boards for making me feel like a pro cruiser before my first cruise.

All people need to realize we all have our own opinions....and we should be able to agree to disagree.

They are my opinions, not yours.

Archived