Does HAL have Champions?

AZjohn

It popped out once you said Adam 12, I had a mild crush. I knew it wasn't Kurt, I gazed at his face a lot. lol

My mind works just like google only many weeks after I really want to know. Every once in a while when the subject is [I]very important[/I] , like this, the information pops out in the same day.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Honestly, sometimes I can't remember my dogs name, but I aways know their faces.

[SIZE=3]OK I have to confess I did not get to watch Adam 12 much the city I grew up in Iowa only had two TV networks that we could get on our rabbit ears :D and Adam 12 was on the other network that we did not get to see till we went to our granparents house out of town. But he did sort of of look like Kurt Russell ;) I guess because they were both very good looking when they were young :) [/SIZE]

It's the chin dimple.

Kurt was a little more expressive in his youth. His cheek dimples still are delightful.

I think it is a sign that it is time for me to find a job or start a new business.

Lisa you get a pass if you didn't see Adam 12. We watched this in Idaho, where there wasn't anything to do at night except night skiing.

[quote name='Sleepladypalmdesert']I think it is that guy from 1 Adam 12......can't remember his name.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Bing Bing Bing Bing Bing!:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]"1Adam12, 1Adam12, a 211 in progress. 1Adam12, Handle Code-3". [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]His other half was Martin Milner as Officer Pete Malloy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]This happened nearly 1 1/2 years ago -- we did witness an event -- a question came up a couple of months later about lunch in the Pinnacle on Emarkation day -- and I answered it truthfully. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I know you have read what I wrote then as did a few other people here. The new people here have no idea what we are talking about.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]So let's drop the subject. It hasn't been brought up in years until LAFFNVEGAS brought it up.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Just trying to get the facts, Ma'am![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='hulamoon']John did you watch Adam 12?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I arrived in this country in June 1975 so I watched a few of the final episodes (it was not shown in Holland like many American tv shows were) but I've seen many of the re-runs and have bought season 1 and season 2 so far of the DVD series. It was a classic police show at the time and with Dragnet with Joe Friday did a lot of good for the image of LAPD at the time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Adam-12.jpg"][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Adam-12.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I arrived in this country in June 1975 so I watched a few of the final episodes (it was not shown in Holland like many American tv shows were) but I've seen many of the re-runs and have bought season 1 and season 2 so far of the DVD series. It was a classic police show at the time and with Dragnet with Joe Friday did a lot of good for the image of LAPD at the time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Adam-12.jpg"][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Adam-12.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]
I modeled my career after "Fish",Abe Wigoda from the Barney Miller Show.

Rich

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Bing Bing Bing Bing Bing!:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]"1Adam12, 1Adam12, a 211 in progress. 1Adam12, Handle Code-3". [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]His other half was Martin Milner as Officer Pete Malloy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
In one tour of duty these guys would catch bank robbers,auto theives and shoot someone and still go home on time. WOW

Rich

That makes sense it was image building. I hadn't thought of that before. I bet those show had a few kids in our town consider law enforcement as a career. Those sirens played with childhood imaginations!

[quote name='mudscraper']I modeled my career after "Fish",Abe Wigoda from the Barney Miller Show.

Rich[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]He was good as "Fish". I liked him as Sal Tessio in the Godfather. In the end though, "Can you give me a break, Tom, for old time's sake?" did not work out for him too well:eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mudscraper']In one tour of duty these guys would catch bank robbers,auto theives and shoot someone and still go home on time. WOW

Rich[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]And all that in 30 minutes and no paperwork!;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]He was good as "Fish". I liked him as Sal Tessio in the Godfather. In the end though, "Can you give me a break, Tom, for old time's sake?" did not work out for him too well:eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
I guess Fish ended up sleeping with the fishes.

Rich

Malloy had flawless integrity, a different type of [I]champion[/I]. But did he buy the doughnuts?

I LOVED Fish, Mr. Vigoda has been missed, he had dimples too, you could see them under the wrinkles.

You folks gave me a few great laughs today, thanks.

[quote name='hulamoon']
I LOVED Fish, Mr. Vigoda has been missed, he had dimples too, you could see them under the wrinkles.[/quote]Missed? He is still very much alive and still making movies. [url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001820/[/url]

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]He was good as "Fish". I liked him as Sal Tessio in the Godfather. In the end though, "Can you give me a break, Tom, for old time's sake?" did not work out for him too well:eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

I always liked Yemana (Jack Soo)

Known for his lousy coffee :)

The episode where he ate some hash brownies that were brought in as evidence after a raid was priceless!! *LOL*

[quote name='HAL_PR']Hi All~ I am a PR mgr. at HAL and will be chiming in here from time to time. I want to assure everyone that we do not have paid evangelists on any boards. I'll always post my name so you know I'm with the company.

SarahatHAL[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for that. It is a timely and reassuring contribution.

I fully accept that you do not have "paid evangelists" on these boards as you call them.

RCCL does not pay their evangelists though, if my understanding of the word "paid" is correct.

Are there people on these boards though who receive "recognition" from HAL over and above or [I]other than[/I] what us normal folk get as say "a friend of HAL" or something similar?

Welcome, and smooth sailing to you...

[quote name='Sleepladypalmdesert']Well....I for one cannot imagine how different my 2 cruises would have been on HAL without the information I learned from this site. I went in with good information regarding where to park, excursion suggestions, food items not to miss, bringing our own wine, cabin choices, ...gosh it just goes on and on....lots of those subjective things that are confirmed over and over by others decreases the "subjectiveness of strangers" factor.

We may have managed without the great information we received on this site but blazing the same trail over and over rather than going in with some sort of "heads up" sure increased the fun of the trip for me.[/quote]

[quote name='hulamoon']I agree SleepLadypalmdesert,

Even if all of you are just figments of my imagination I have still learned a lot and am appreciative.:p

I have no idea how all of you keep track of cabins, measurements etc, but I do appreciate it. Certainly we would not have ended up in the right room! In some cases it is more helpful than ships services. I would not have tried HAL for a second time without all of your positive belief in the product because my first cruise on the line was a bit uneven.

Thank you![/quote]

There are as many facts as there are opinions to be found here.

The bread pudding consistently gets rave reivews. I detest the stuff. My husband can't get enough of it. Only thing that matters is if [B]you[/B] like it, or not.

[quote name='world~citizen']

Are there people on these boards though who receive "recognition" from HAL over and above or [I]other than[/I] what us normal folk get as say "a friend of HAL" or something similar?

quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Yes -- I am not one of them just to keep the record straight.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

I started cruising in 1992, before Cruise Critic and some other boards. Did I survive? Yes. Do I love these boards and others? Yes, but....I look at them all as informative and entertaining. I still know enough about myself and what I like and do not like that I would never stake a cruise on something someone said on this board.

And....I also despise the bread pudding, there I've said it--- much too sweet for me:eek:

This is also an amazing and entertaining thread, just wish I knew all the what and who's about times past but I don't:)

Archived