Does HAL have Champions?

AZjohn

The outing of the "Champions", IMO, has put RCCL in a bad light, and I dare say, it hasn't exactly made Cruise Critic look entirely circumspect, either.

Really, it seems that the lesson to be learned by the whole "Champions" thing is not to believe everything you read.

Don't be a "Chumpion".

I love how you refer to the blog as a "they" when it's actually a "me" :)

DBA

I am aware that there is one person behind your blog and that person is you. You have not let it be known your gender and hence I was using the word 'they' as opposed to 'he' or 'she' or 'he/she'. ;)

It is completely understandable that you can only comment on so much in terms of corporate policy and procedures, even if you do have more knowledge regarding the subject.

I meant no disrespect with the term 'they'. Keep up the great work.

Rochelle

These are my thoughts exactly. After all, the primary purpose of a PR agent is to create a favorable public image and downplay any negative exposures. If anything, I'm a bit more skeptical that a PR agent has come out of the woodwork for this.

I've been meaning to jump in here on the boards for awhile. I just took this opportunity to do so. I'll check the threads as I am able time-wise and reply when I can help out with good information.

SarahatHAL

These are my thoughts exactly. After all, the primary purpose of a PR agent is to create a favorable public image and downplay any negative exposures. If anything, I'm a bit more skeptical that a PR agent has come out of the woodwork for this.

Or perhaps it is to protect HAL's brand image and correct the blatant (and sometimes histrionic) mistruths that are promulgated here from time-to-time. Of course, for the more Machiavellian among us, YMMV.

Scott.

It's only natural that people would be skeptical Sarah, when you joined over a year ago and are only now contributing to the forum, however that being said it is true that not all of us post as frequent as others.
Nope, not a cause for skepticism. Sarah would have to register to follow any HAL roll calls. I don't know that she has done so, but registration is required to access that area. Also many register then lurk for fear of someone callling them a troll if they do take the plunge and post. :rolleyes:

I joined CC in 2005 and my first post was in 2007 IIRC. Many lurk a while before diving in. :)

And, I might add, understandably so!!! Diving in here can be incredibly dangerous sometimes:D.

Sarah, I am impressed that you and HAL find the people who frequent this forum important enough to warrant you trying to smooth the waters over this concern. Welcome.

Originally Posted by Boytjie viewpost.gif

I joined CC in 2005 and my first post was in 2007 IIRC. Many lurk a while before diving in. :)

And, I might add, understandably so!!! Diving in here can be incredibly dangerous sometimes:D.

Actually, in my case it just took me that long to finally go on a cruise ;)

I am upset that RCCl has the money for this extra marketing/research yet has cutback in areas that affect me...no pillow chocolates, significantly( value of) reduced C&A coupon books to name a couple.

I will continue to process every opinion/review with a grain of salt

DBA

I am aware that there is one person behind your blog and that person is you. You have not let it be known your gender and hence I was using the word 'they' as opposed to 'he' or 'she' or 'he/she'. ;)

It is completely understandable that you can only comment on so much in terms of corporate policy and procedures, even if you do have more knowledge regarding the subject.

I meant no disrespect with the term 'they'. Keep up the great work.

Rochelle

Don't take my post that way at all Rochelle. I really got a kick out of it. I thought you had assumed that with all the posts, work and dedication that there must have been a team behind the blog. :)

I was actually rather flattered! :o

Finally have gotten around to reading this thread completely.

Sure is an eye opener.

Now we all will be "looking" at each other and wondering -- how did this person get such a great upgrade? Why was this person treated to dinner by the captain, HM, or officer, etc.? These are perks!! And Seattle certainly does know who all are getting special treatment on their ships.

And the questions can go on and on as we read people's reviews.

As I said -- very interesting.

Finally have gotten around to reading this thread completely.

Sure is an eye opener.

Now we all will be "looking" at each other and wondering -- how did this person get such a great upgrade? Why was this person treated to dinner by the captain, HM, or officer, etc.? These are perks!! And Seattle certainly does know who all are getting special treatment on their ships.

And the questions can go on and on as we read people's reviews.

As I said -- very interesting.

Well first off I think there is a HUGE difference between being a Paid Champion as this thread was originally referring to or just plain becoming friends with Crew and Officers of the ship. Living in Las Vegas I get a bit more opportunity to meet and entertain not only Cruise Critic Friends but also if any Officers and or crew come to Vegas. I have on several occasions entertained and took these people out to dinner and bought dinner for them So are they paying me for the hospitality :rolleyes: I do not think so. It is simply becoming friends with these fine individuals and enjoying conversation. I have and several others on this board have become friends with Officers and Crew because we do cruise often have become personal friends and may have had dinner with them on the ship but that no way reflects anything but friendship. It is simple as that. KK you keep bringing up a time you saw a fellow CCer eating lunch in the Pinnacle with the Hotel Manager. So What!!!! they are friends :) It is purely a friendship and there is nothing wrong with that. I keep in contact with many HAL crew and it is purely friendship nothing more. I enjoy it when they can come to Las Vegas and I can return the hospitality they have shown me.

Well first off I think there is a HUGE difference between being a Paid Champion as this thread was originally referring to or just plain becoming friends with Crew and Officers of the ship. Living in Las Vegas I get a bit more opportunity to meet and entertain not only Cruise Critic Friends but also if any Officers and or crew come to Vegas. I have on several occasions entertained and took these people out to dinner and bought dinner for them So are they paying me for the hospitality :rolleyes: I do not think so. It is simply becoming friends with these fine individuals and enjoying conversation. I have and several others on this board have become friends with Officers and Crew because we do cruise often have become personal friends and may have had dinner with them on the ship but that no way reflects anything but friendship. It is simple as that. KK you keep bringing up a time you saw a fellow CCer eating lunch in the Pinnacle with the Hotel Manager. So What!!!! they are friends :) It is purely a friendship and there is nothing wrong with that. I keep in contact with many HAL crew and it is purely friendship nothing more. I enjoy it when they can come to Las Vegas and I can return the hospitality they have shown me.

Oh Boy,

I guess that I am in trouble now. A couple of weeks ago, while on a cruise, I had lunch with the Events Manager; the Cruise Director and the Culinary Operations Manager, then a couple of days later with the Events Manager and the Beverage Manager.

Actually Amy is an old and dear friend and the others were simply at the same table to be with Amy - not me.

Valerie:D

Oh, by the way: I must be on the short-list to be a HAL HO (loooove that name Usha:cool:) because I finally did get an upgrade - all the way from EE to E (two more cabins back and I would have been sleeping on the deck:eek:)

Oh, by the way: I must be on the short-list to be a HAL HO (loooove that name Usha:cool:) because I finally did get an upgrade - all the way from EE to E (two more cabins back and I would have been sleeping on the deck:eek:)

Well, I don't think you would qualify for "HAL Ho" status.

You would probably fall into the category of "Dam Good Friend".:D

Archived