How many Diamond members live close to a RCCL port?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site and was curious about where some of the frequent cruisers live. I live in Denver and the majority of my vacation expense is the airfare for getting to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or the like.

So I was wondering, how many of the frequent cruisers have the advantage of living close to the port?

Thanks!

We are not Diamond (one more to go!) but our best friends are, and we all live about 40 minutes, give or take traffic) from San Pedro, LA. So glad the Marnier is here!! (but boy do we miss our little Monarch!) We can't wait until April 5th...Mariner to Mexico :D

Happy Cruising~

there is some advantage to living near a port. We are not diamond but have booked fairly last minute cruises a few times that we wouldn't have been able to book if we werent 30 minutes from San Diego's port and just over an hour from San Pedro and Long beach...just booked B2B on Carnival Elation next month from San Diego

Ten minutes to ft laudedale and thirty to Miami. Hence we have cruised ourselves into Diamond Plus. We go on a three nighter every time there is a three day weekend, longer ones when we have the time.

My parents are in Port Orange, so a little over an hour from Port Canaveral, a couple of hours from South Florida, and they're Diamond Plus on RC. They're retired and take advantage of a lot of last minute deals.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site and was curious about where some of the frequent cruisers live. I live in Denver and the majority of my vacation expense is the airfare for getting to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or the like.

So I was wondering, how many of the frequent cruisers have the advantage of living close to the port?

Thanks!

Hello! Welcome to CC. We're Diamond members and we live in the very northern Texas Panhandle. We spend lot's of time in the air also. In fact, for our next cruise on Enchantment out of Ft Lauderdale, we will fly from Amarillo to Denver and then to Ft Lauderdale :confused: on Southwest. We use a Southwest Visa card on nearly all of our purchases throughout the year and haven't paid for a flight in over 5 years so...that really helps.

Our trip usually involves getting up around 3 a.m., get dressed, drive 75 miles to the airport in Amarillo, fly to Dallas or Denver and then on to Ft Lauderdale arriving mid-late afternoon.

I'm 3 hours from Port Everglades and 2.5 from Miami. My downfall is the fact that my office overlooks Key West harbor. Seeing cruise ships every day makes me want to be on one.

Guess that would make me want to be on one too. At least, you are living in a cruise ship port. I don't even live on a navigatable river. :(

We live in Orlando - 1 hour to PC, 1.5 to Tampa, about 3 to FLL and 4 to Miami.

Made Diamond last year in January. Love the little 3 night getaways and try to get on at least 4 a year. Not paying for airfare makes it a very inexpensive weekend away:)

Hello! Welcome to CC. We're Diamond members and we live in the very northern Texas Panhandle. We spend lot's of time in the air also. In fact, for our next cruise on Enchantment out of Ft Lauderdale, we will fly from Amarillo to Denver and then to Ft Lauderdale :confused: on Southwest. We use a Southwest Visa card on nearly all of our purchases throughout the year and haven't paid for a flight in over 5 years so...that really helps.

Our trip usually involves getting up around 3 a.m., get dressed, drive 75 miles to the airport in Amarillo, fly to Dallas or Denver and then on to Ft Lauderdale arriving mid-late afternoon.

Im there with ya! We have a SW visa for me, my wife, and buisness and usually get about 4-5 free flights a year which we use just for our cruise's. Havent had to buy a flight yet :) but somtimes the amount of stops and become a pain with SWA

We need 2 more to be diamond, both are booked. We live about 5 hours from the Port of Galveston and would more than likely be well on our way to Diamond plus if RC would stay in Texas year around and still offer some of the 4 & 5 nighters! Now we have to fly to other Ports because the best time of us to cruise is not when RC is here!

We need 2 more to be diamond, both are booked. We live about 5 hours from the Port of Galveston and would more than likely be well on our way to Diamond plus if RC would stay in Texas year around and still offer some of the 4 & 5 nighters! Now we have to fly to other Ports because the best time of us to cruise is not when RC is here!

I'm Diamond and live in Houston....about an hour to the Galveston terminal.

All 12 sailings have been out of Galveston...someday when we're not paying for kid's college we'll go to other ports but for now Galveston is all we can do and that's just fine.

hc

Archived