Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

[quote name='ECCruise']Hey, look, everyone has the right to their opinion--that is the nature of a board such as this.

I guess one of the things that I have a problem with is that some of the most vociferous posters here cheering the changes to C + A have but a handful of cruises under their belts, some who have never even seen the inside of a RCL ship, berating those with hundreds--and probably [I]thousands [/I]of cruises considering well over 3000 posts.

It's kind of like, "this has been taken away from US, not you, so come on in, make your feeling known, but you're really are NOT affected so no need to keep banging your 'its no big deal' drum."[/quote]

NICE!!!! Here we go again with the "I have 3000 posts so I am obviously more knowledgeable than you and the I have dozens more cruises than you so I am wayyy more important than you are" :p :p

Same ole story with all the cheerleaders here, or should I say Ex-Cherleaders! LMAO!!! :rolleyes:...ya EVER THINK that someones post count or cruises listed or NOT listed may not tell the ENTIRE story??? Some of us don't need to post our 1 or 2 cruises or maybe even our 20 or 30 cruises in our signature to look or feel validated on this board! :rolleyes:

Oh and just for full disclosure..I am Platinum on RCI without ever setting foot on one of its ships! LMAO!!!! And when I am chilling in the CL on Mariner after strolling down there from my suite I will enjoy walking right up to the bar and getting my free cocktail without waiting in a long line full of Diamonds, not to mention having lots of nice places to sit down and relax to chat with my fellow suite cruisers and Diamond Plussers!!! ! hahahahaha......I love this thread!!!

[quote name='Robey(guest)']Royal has taken away Conscierge Club privilages for Diamond members. Contact Crown and Anchor and tell them to 'grandfather' in existing Diamond members. :mad:[/quote]

Post #3157

You can come on CC and post as a guest, not a registered user?

This is the first time I've seen this.

[quote name='medic23w']it is a shame that the cruise line has done this,,Carnival has concierge lounges and they still operate them without any cutbacks or takebacks ! they should reconsider that decision or they will lose alot of loyal customers to Carnival ! :mad:[/quote]

[quote name='Jumbiecruiser']Since when did Carnival add Concierge lounges to their ships?[/quote]

I'm curious about his as well. I knew Carnival offered a concierge to higher members of their loyalty program, but this is the first I'm hearing that they have concierge lounges.

Well I have been returning to the boards with 2 posts of my own. It reminds me of returning to view a train wreck. I guess that what I am thinking is that I will make my future decisions regarding RCCL by my experiences on this Easter Cruise. Yes it will be my last visit to the CL lounge for my diamond member status so that will not be included in my decision. I will evaluate seriously the food quality in the dining room and windjammer. I have pre-booked both Chops and Portofino. The quality of staffing and cleanliness of the ship are also important to me as is the entertainment.. I will let you know. We sailed the Brilliance last and my biggest complaint was that the adult pool area especially the whilrpools were unusable in the evening because they were primarily populated by the teen population with no room for real adults. I will reserve my judgement on whether to cruise RCCL in the future upon these factors. I will let you know. Bon Voyage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having read a lot of this, my side is that I always book a suite and expect perks for the level that I am cruising in. The only time that I was on a RCCL ship with this lounge, where I had paid for the priviledge, I was not able to get in the door for all of the members who just cruised a lot. I was not pleased. I book on suite price and itineray alone most of the time but HAL does have the concierge for it's suite guests and it is not jammed up with people just getting in for a drink due to number of cruises. So even though this next cruise to Alaska gives me diamond status and on a ship with no lounge (and I am in a Grand Suite), I can truly say that itinerary and price of a suite will keep me on what ever line can provide the best deal. But after the HAL cruise last fall, I saw how this perk should be handled and will be leaning back to them more often.

[quote name='Mahya'][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B]ATTN SHAREHOLDERS[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]THE NEXT SHAREHOLDERS MEETING WITH OFFICERS AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS WILL BE HELD ON [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]MAY 27 2009 AT 9 AM [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]THE HYATT REGENCY MIAMI HOTEL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]400 SE 2nd Ave.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]Miami, Florida[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]IF YOU ARE A SHAREHOLDER AND A DIAMOND OR MORE AND DONT APPRECIATE RCL'S POOR MANAGEMENT DECISIONS, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]BE THERE AND HAVE YOUR SAY THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED WITH A CANNED LETTER.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

I asked this ques recently but thread is getting so long I had to search for an answer....Hope the "Diamond Demotees" come out in full force!

[quote name='Montana']Well I have been returning to the boards with 2 posts of my own. It reminds me of returning to view a train wreck. I guess that what I am thinking is that I will make my future decisions regarding RCCL by my experiences on this Easter Cruise. Yes it will be my last visit to the CL lounge for my diamond member status so that will not be included in my decision. I will evaluate seriously the food quality in the dining room and windjammer. I have pre-booked both Chops and Portofino. The quality of staffing and cleanliness of the ship are also important to me as is the entertainment.. I will let you know. We sailed the Brilliance last and my biggest complaint was that the adult pool area especially the whilrpools were unusable in the evening because they were primarily populated by the teen population with no room for real adults. I will reserve my judgement on whether to cruise RCCL in the future upon these factors. I will let you know. Bon Voyage!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Hey have a great cruise! We sail Mariner in May. Bon Voyage!

Colleen

[quote name='GaryfmCol']Good post..
You are 100% correct.
And, I bet the next time you go to that area you will choose
the Marriott again.

It works that way.
Funny how that is..

F.Y.I. When I was flying (in my career.)
I always selected HILTON HOTELs for their Loyality program for my stays.
HH points, because I could "double dip" with United Airline miles and, Hilton
Points...That is the best hotel program I.M.H.O.

After retirement, we all went to Hawaii..flew out on UNITED and, stayed
at the HILTON Hawaiian Village...GREAT hotel on Oahu.
Now, as a retired guy, I still STAY in Hilton hotels.
We just returned from Las Vegas for a 4 day "get-a-way".
Where'd we stay? The Las Vegas HILTON of course.
Plenty of GREAT hotels in Las Vegas...but, we naturally choose
Hilton because of their Loyality program.

I know Hilton's HH loyality program appreciates us,
and, I always stay Hilton when I can, just because of that![/quote]

We are also loyal HiltonHonors members too. They have really good perks. :)

[quote name='hcat']I asked this ques recently but thread is getting so long I had to search for an answer....Hope the "Diamond Demotees" come out in full force![/QUOTE]

Thank you for that. Ironically my husband and I will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas that week. If you can get to the Shareholders Meeting, please GO!

If you can't make the Meeting, write a letter to the Board of Directors.

And keep writing, e-mailing and calling. My contact at RCI says to call/write all departments, not just one or two high level folks.

Calling them and speaking to individual employees may work the best. When you connect to another through voice it is hard for them to ignore you. I have had good luck with calls and have received support from RCI folks.

Colleen

[quote name='Ladylouwho']Thank you for that. Ironically my husband and I will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas that week. If you can get to the Shareholders Meeting, please GO!

If you can't make the Meeting, write a letter to the Board of Directors.

And keep writing, e-mailing and calling. My contact at RCI says to call/write all departments, not just one or two high level folks.

Calling them and speaking to individual employees may work the best. When you connect to another through voice it is hard for them to ignore you. I have had good luck with calls and have received support from RCI folks.

Colleen[/quote]

i called earlier tonight. i was told it was a corporate decision and have an nice night!

Thanks everyong, this thread has made us reconsider booking 2/9 as 4 couples in our group have just reached diamond with 2 others have been diamond for awhile. The other 6 couples have never cruised with RC. But, without the nice little perks we can do better on price and itinerary with Carnival. And, while the food isn't fantastic on Carnival, I've read that it hasn't been WOW on RC lately. I think RC took the wow out of cruising for their loyal following.

I do think it is time to close this thread, it is becoming redundant. Let's start a happy thread:D

[quote name='cruzendude']What cracks me up with the the "newley disenfranchised" cheerleaders here is now you point out all of of RCI's shortcomings which only makes you look foolish for cruising them exclusively and so often previously! :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:[/quote]

Don't shoot the messenger. I just did the Panama Canal in December, and we had a nice enough experience. Our food was not 'bad', but not great either. We always do Chops a couple times and have always had a good experience. That being said, they were serving micro-cocktails in the Schooner bar, and the prices have gone up. I always appreciate paying more for less. I talked to some managers, and bartenders, and it was apparent that they are being 'trained' to pour a 'correct' cocktail. And you are correct with your last point ... RCI has made me look foolish. And, I hate being made to look foolish. So it appears that you 'do' get it.:rolleyes:

I am a Diamond Member and I am not a "plant". I ask that you consider that because of the economic times we are currently experiencing RCI is trying to cut costs without significant price increases. I have already emailed them asking that they convert other areas or rooms into a C&A Lounge for D/D+ members. let the suite guests have the CL; we will have our own lounge. Lets face it, they did pay more, they do deserve a little more and some of them are us.:D

Would you be kind enough to identify some of the "plants" by name?

They were placed here by Carnival. ;) Placed here to whine. They are doing are a good job. I bet that they have a free cruise waiting for them for all of this hard work. ;) It's not hard to figure them out. ;)

What cracks me up with the the "newley disenfranchised" cheerleaders here is now you point out all of of RCI's shortcomings which only makes you look foolish for cruising them exclusively and so often previously! :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, I wasn't quite finished ... had to walk the dogs. "Recently disenfranchised" would be incorrect. Prior to this I was becoming "privately" disenfranchised. I was writing critiques and reviews, some at the request of RCCL. I told them what I thought about the slowly declining quality and quantity of service. They politely responded but did nothing to change the trend. The difference now, due to being "made to look foolish in front of the 'world' for being 'loyal' to a 'brand' ... one should never make one's customers look foolish ... anyway, now I am 'publicly' disenfranchised. We, who believed the RCCL dogma, have all been made to look foolish. That damage may be difficult to undo.:cool:

Having read a lot of this, my side is that I always book a suite and expect perks for the level that I am cruising in. The only time that I was on a RCCL ship with this lounge, where I had paid for the priviledge, I was not able to get in the door for all of the members who just cruised a lot. I was not pleased. I book on suite price and itineray alone most of the time but HAL does have the concierge for it's suite guests and it is not jammed up with people just getting in for a drink due to number of cruises. So even though this next cruise to Alaska gives me diamond status and on a ship with no lounge (and I am in a Grand Suite), I can truly say that itinerary and price of a suite will keep me on what ever line can provide the best deal. But after the HAL cruise last fall, I saw how this perk should be handled and will be leaning back to them more often.

We also cruise in the PH or SA suites on Holland America. We enjoy the use of the Neptune Lounge.........which does not include any alcoholic beverages........unless they have changed that in the past year. And, you are correct.....the Neptune Lounge is only there for SA and PH guests. The chocolates were very nice.

We have never found it to be a problem to bring alcohol aboard a HAL ship. Consequently, we find ourselves in our cabin for a cocktail or two in the evening, while dressing for dinner. We may stop at one of the lounges on the way to dinner......to purchase a drink.

Sorry.........there is no way that one can compare HAL's concierge lounge to that of RCCL.

Rick

I am a Diamond Member and I am not a "plant". I ask that you consider that because of the economic times we are currently experiencing RCI is trying to cut costs without significant price increases. I have already emailed them asking that they convert other areas or rooms into a C&A Lounge for D/D+ members. let the suite guests have the CL; we will have our own lounge. Lets face it, they did pay more, they do deserve a little more and some of them are us.:D

I say.......nice try.......but it won't cut bait! If you were to say to RCCL that you are willing to pay a discounted price for your liquor.....as a Diamond.........suggesting half price..........you might get somewhere.

There will be no more "free liquor" for Diamond members. The Diamond Pluses come next. Although we primarily only stay in full suites, mostly OS's..........we have many friends that are Diamond......and love to be with them. I would rather pay a discounted price.......to drink with my D friends.........than pay nothing to be with people that I don't know.

I'm all for a special lounge for D's and when the D+'s like myself are kicked out.......I would like a special place......where I can call my own, and have a discounted drink...........and some free appitizers!

RCCL.........I would be grateful for that. I understand that you will not be giving me the "freebees" that I became used to. When economic times once again become very profitable..........learn what Hilton Hotels does to their good customers. That's why we are Hilton Honor members, and stay at Embassy Suites, and other Hilton Hotels.

One of your major stockholders, a Mr. Pritzker.........is one of the founders of the Hyatt Hotels. Surely they should have a bit of imput on how RCCL should be run. (Of course......maybe that's why we stay in a Hilton product!):D

Rick

I don't think so. It is my understanding that when you book your cruise you put in your C&A number for the discount. We will be doing this, if you book on Royal Caribbean, for the first time in a couple of days. I'm not sure if you have to call C&A for the discount or if it is automatically applied.

I'm always a bit shy about started new threads to ask questions around here. :rolleyes:

You call C & A to have your discount applied. The website online doesn't do it, you have to call them.Give your C & A number, sail date and reservation number and they apply the discount:) If you use a TA let them know your C & A number and they will do it for you. If you have a thank you coupon sometimes the website takes it, sometimes it doesn't but if you can use one of those coupons one call C & A and they'll apply it also. Don't be shy to ask questions on CC, the majority of members are very nice and helpful:)

A Junior Suite is just a bigger room... although (and I am sure I will be corrected if I'm mistaken) I believe you are expected to tip your room steward more in the Jr. Suite, even without all the "enhancements".

The tip amount in a JS is the same for other cabins. The GS and up have the higher suggested tip. It's a pretty good size cabin about twice the size of a balcony with a living room area, a bigger balcony, a decent size bathroom for a ship with a tub, walk in closet and 2 cruise credits. It's a pretty good cabin on the bigger ships:)

You call C & A to have your discount applied. The website online doesn't do it, you have to call them.Give your C & A number, sail date and reservation number and they apply the discount If you use a TA let them know your C & A number and they will do it for you. If you have a thank you coupon sometimes the website takes it, sometimes it doesn't but if you can use one of those coupons one call C & A and they'll apply it also. Don't be shy to ask questions on CC, the majority of members are very nice and helpful:)

IOS member

Diamond

image.php?u=28234&dateline=1197978657plus

"Suzanne

image.php?u=88314&type=sigpic&dateline=1223045309Royal Champion Member Selected in Sept. 2008, I've never received any incentives from RCCL and I was D plus prior to 2008 proving I enjoy cruising RCCL without any incentive to do so. :)"

Excuse me while I remain confused.

How does that prove anything of the kind? To the best of my knowledge you have enjoyed the CL and other "Diamond" benefits ever since you got there ... perhaps back to 2002 or before. You've never received incentives? Were you riding in one of the lifeboats? No coupons? No Concierge Lounge? No preferential boarding? No departure lounge? No gifts? No chocolate covered strawberries? No "special" events ... brunches, lunches, cocktail parties? No wonder you became a "Royal Champion" ... you must have been riding in the "golf simulator" for the entire trip.;)

Or, perhaps I just don't understand your posting?:confused:

Archived