New Great Cruises Show 4-18-09 9 PM travel

hopefully it will be better than the europe one....

Yes, Nav is a sister to Voyager....the balconies are different - Nav's are more glass, Voyagers are sort of half metal half glass but other than that 99% of the stuff should be the same!

Beware "Why not the Med." It's terrible. "Why not the Carib" will probably be done with exactly the same format, this time "two sisters and their families." If they're anything like the "Med" family...oy!

But hey it's still cruising and most of us have been to the Caribbean (God knows the show will completely ignore the ship and just show the families in the ports) and it's actually a new show so we'll all watch it and then rip it to shreds at 10pm EDT. :)

They showed a good amount of the ship, I thought..

Which show, the Med one or the Carib one? If you mean the Carib one, that's great news since I've never been on a Freedom Class or Voyager class ship (siiiiiigh).

I thought it was good. Better idea to show a few families especially on their first cruise to get that perspective. It seemed better not having a host even though I do like Samantha Brown.

I watched because I was on NV when they filmed it! Jan 24th cruise...looked for myself in the background but didn't see me. Got close those, when they showed them on formal night in the Dining Room, there was a brief shot over the rail to the main floor. I was at the Captains Table but the film crew only got the upper portion of the table...I was at the bottom portion.

The 2 "Why Not" shows tonight MUST have been somehow sponsored by RCCL. There was a LOT of RCCL promotion and tie-ins to the (terrible!) "Nation Of Why Not" campaign.

Anyone else catch that vibe?

I'm a positive person;

I liked the show. I even taped it. I like most of the shows on cruising. I like the commercials on cruising. It nice to see all the people having fun, and the ships, and the ports:).

The 2 "Why Not" shows tonight MUST have been somehow sponsored by RCCL. There was a LOT of RCCL promotion and tie-ins to the (terrible!) "Nation Of Why Not" campaign.

Anyone else catch that vibe?

Yes, it was basically a informercial. LOL. but if you are going on these itineraries it does give you an idea of the ports and the ships. The commercials during the show on my station was for a travel agent to sell Royal cruises. LOL. I do think that the show serves its purpose to convince people to try cruising. Everyone complains about the med. one, but I loved it since we are going in July.

Archived