RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

For about the last six years we have made almost a dozen tours with Rome in Limo and they have never disappointed us .

This April before we boarded the Koningsdam we had a wonderful food and wine tour in Rome with a great guide Sarah who took us to some lovely places where the Romans eat and drink and had also a lot of info about the sights we walked by on this walking tour.

Two weeks later in the port of Naples I had organized a private small group tour for 8 of us to visit Herculaneum , Amalfi and Positano . Alex was our driver/guide who gave us a great tour and lots of oppertunities for photo stops or coffee or snack stops. A great time was had by all !

A special mention for the lady who books the tours, answers any questions on my emails and makes sure that everything was to our satisfaction .

Jany does a fantastic job that's why we always come back !!! :D

We just returned from the Reflection TA and thanks to RIL our time in Florence and Rome was excellent again. In Florence we had two vans with 12 people from the CC roll call and the drivers, Sabrina & Simona, were wonderful. Even though the weather wasn't the best we still managed to see so much in Florence and in San Gimagnano. They took us to a wonderful restaurant in Florence for lunch and then we spent a rainy afternoon in San Gimagnano before returning to the ship through the Tuscan countryside. The drivers are excellent, we encountered muddy roads, driving rain AND hail!!

In Rome we were transported to our hotel by Francesco, who was waiting for us when we debarked and was great fun on our trip into Rome.

The best part of the trip was our day of touring Rome with Enrico. It was our last day in Rome and he took us everywhere we asked to go and then some. He had so much knowledge of the city and made us feel so comfortable. The trattoria he took us to was the best meal we had in Rome!

Our transport to the airport was capped off by a bottle of Chianti provided to us by RIL as a "thank you" and we were so glad it survived the long plane ride home to the USA!!

What a wonderful company to work with, I've posted the same here before but our visit this year just confirmed it all. Thanks again for helping make this visit to Rome even better!!

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us, I always appreciate your review and hope to see your cruise and land trip pictures soon :)

Trips to Pompei are best from Naples-- but knowing how FABULOUS Rome in Limo is.. I am sure you can do anything, and a trip from Rome should be "do-able".

We love Rome in Limo so much... I cannot imagine going to Italy without having them arrange tours.

Excellent people, excellent drivers/tour guides... great prices, excellent service. The "only way to go!" :)

Trips to Pompei are best from Naples-- but knowing how FABULOUS Rome in Limo is.. I am sure you can do anything, and a trip from Rome should be "do-able".

We love Rome in Limo so much... I cannot imagine going to Italy without having them arrange tours.

Excellent people, excellent drivers/tour guides... great prices, excellent service. The "only way to go!" :)

Rome in Limo operates (has a branch or office) in Naples. Commonly discussed here.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We used RomeinLimo last month while in Livorno / Florence Italy for a private tour to Pisa and then to the Tuscan area for a wine tasting and lunch. Our driver was Vinny and he was the best. He got our group of 6 to Pisa before the crowds and tour buses and got us to not only the Leaning Tower, but its ‘ugly sister.’ Then he took us to a couple of Tuscan villages where we stopped to browse through a city market. We stopped at a gas station for the best pastries we’ve ever had. Then we drove to Albergo Sant’agnese Farms for a wine tasting and lunch. OMG, this place should be a 5 star Michelin restaurant. The wine was fabulous, we sampled 5 different wines and throughout a lunch that was more like a full dinner, the wine kept flowing. The lasagna was the best we’ve ever tasted (and we’ve tasted a lot). We just wish we could have got the recipe. The family that runs the farm and served us treated us like family ourselves. We were on a 16 day transatlantic cruise and had 8 ports of call. We arranged 6 private tours and without a doubt, this was our number one favorite. In the months prior to the tour, all of our e-mails with questions were promptly answered. We specifically asked to stop for a very nice lunch. Nothing could have matched what we actually got. The vehicle was good sized and Vinny was an excellent and safe driver. We highly recommend this company and especially if you can get Vinny for your driver.

Based on questions,answers, and good reviews here on Cruise Critic, we booked a full day tour with Rome in Limo. I was hesitant to do this as I was concerned about the cost versus benefit. Well, I can say now that, without a doubt, the money we spent was absolutely the best use of our funds. I have trouble walking because I wear an AFO so finding a way around Rome that was easier without walking many miles was paramount. We did have a great hotel on Via ****onale which is pretty centrally located for what we wanted (minus the Vatican of course). For 3 or our 4 days, we used local transportation or our feet to sightsee. On the last day, we used Rome in Limo (Stephan was our driver) and it was the most wonderful day we have every spent in Rome. This was our 4th trip to Rome and the first time we used a dedicated driver/car. Stephan made it a wonderful day. His knowledge, his personality, his professionalism, and his experience were superb. We were able to see more in this one day than we ever thought possible. We booked 8 hours and had 8 places to visit. We thought that would be too many for us. In reality, we were able to visit 2 more places in the time we had. Of course, we did not visit the Vatican but mostly the major basilicas and a few minor ones in Rome. Stephan was a master at knowing the right place to go at the right time, which places were closed, and what time the others were open. At one point, I neglected to wear my rain coat and it started raining as we came out of the church. Of course, my wife had hers so she headed to the car. I am a slow walker so I was going as fast as I could while getting wet. Stephan saw me and grabbed my coat and started toward me to help me. He did not even stop to put on his own coat. This kind gesture was not expected but most certainly appreciated. In summary, the entire process beginning with questions and booking - thanks to Jany - was outstanding. Jany was quick to respond to questions and confirm a booking as well as modify the Christian Tour to our desires. Stephan showed up early, took good care of us all day, and got us safely back to the hotel. Wow, an exhausting day but one we shall never forget. Thanks to Rome in Limo!!!

Cruise to Relax: So glad you had a wonderful experience with RIL.. so did we! You mentioned cost.. since we were on a cruise ship-- we found the ship's tours to be way more expensive than RIL... and also there is NO flexibility in the cruise ships excursions, unlike RIL...

We had a similar experience to yours... 3 of us went to eat lunch in a lovely cafe (with no windows) so we were oblivious that it started raining. Our driver-- Fabriccio (we loved him!!)-- came in to the cafe, found us and brought each of the 3 of us an umbrella for our trip back to the limo (we were eating in a square where cars not allowed, so he couldn't drive up the cafe door). Such Service!

I can never say enough good things about Rome in Limo... they are wonderful! :D

We hired Rome in Limo to take us from Rome to the Amalfi Coast. It is a 12 hour tour but so worth it. We we were told we would be picked up at 7:00AM and when we went downstairs Angelo was already waiting for us. That was very comforting not having to worry if someone would be there. He was an excellent driver, very polite and professional. He immediately outlined the day for us and confirmed the places we would be going to. Along the way he pointed out the highlights and the history. Our first stop was Ravello and we had plenty of time to shop and then relax, enjoy the views, and have coffee and pastries. We stopped along the way at scenic sights for pictures and then went to the town of Amalfi.

Next stop was Positano. We had plenty of time and I even time to have a pair of custom sandals made for 65 Euros! Next he gave us two options for lunch. We choose DA COSTANTINO . It was high up on the cliff overlooking the Amalfi Coast! Lunch was delicious. We would highly recommend Rome in Limo!

Also Jany responds to your emails immediately and is answers all your questions.

Thanks Rome in Limo for making one of the places on our bucket list a lasting memory !

My group used Rome in Limo for an excursion in Livorno and Naples for our Norwegian Epic Cruise in May 2016. My husband and I had previously used the company for excursion on our honeymoon and I can only say good things about the service they provide. Jany is responsive to emails and Vinny in Livorno was a great tour guide. He was extremely knowledgeable and took good care of us. He had water to offer us and made sure we had the best pastries and lunch while out and about. I could have not asked for a better guide. If you are looking for excursions that are not associated with the cruiseship for a good price, look to Rome in Limo. I've used them twice and will gladly use them again.

Edited by xoxoYURIoxox

We booked private cars with Rome In Limo several years ago, so my information is a bit dated, but it was a wonderful experience. We booked them in Rome, Naples, and Florence/Pisa. Each experience was a little different, but each was wonderful and appropriate to the port.

The driver in Rome was not terribly talkative, but really knew his way around Rome (which looked challenging), seemed to have excellent connections, and helped us with restaurant suggestions and Vatican City guide. Even had suggestions for a few off the beaten path stops there were very worthwhile.

In Florence/Pisa, our driver was a young man, very chatty, and we really enjoyed our time with him as we drove through the Italian countryside. Shared a lot about life in a small Italian village. He did a great job in getting us to some of our 'must see' spots, and made some excellent suggestions, especially a view of Florence from across the river and the trip to a cemetery that was fascinating.

In Naples, our driver was also terrific. He helped us get the most out of Pompeii, and we were able to fit in Positiano, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast. Recommended a great seafood place in Positiano for lunch that was wonderful and had attentive, quick service.

We were thrilled with how much we were able to see at each port without ever feeling rushed. The drivers were all very professional and patient. With a group (there were 5 of us), it's really a great way to go. For about the price of a 'basic' shore excursion through the ship, you great a 'premium experience. We feel we were able to see so much more and get much more of an insider perspective.

We are leaving for another cruise next month and are booking with them again, both in Salerno and for transport back to the airport in Rome. Just wish they provided car service in Greece, as that's where most of our stops are.

Bottom line, I highly recommend them. Just go with a basic idea of what you'd like to see, and they'll help you along the way.

We had 2 great tours with RIL in 2013 (Rome Highlights with private Vatican guide; Pompeii (with guide), Sorrento, and Positano). We are now booked for 2 more this August and can't wait!

In 2013, our driver in Rome was Ottavio and he negotiated some very narrow roads and back streets expertly to get us to all the landmarks with the MINIMAL amount of walking. This allowed us to see SO much of Rome in a day and we were very happy. He also gave quite a lot of information during the drive about what we were seeing. We visited the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, photostop at the National Victor Emmanuel monument, visited the Colosseum with our pre-purchased tickets, the Palatine Hill, Roman Forum, and Capitoline Hill. All this BEFORE stopping for lunch near the Piazza Navona! In the afternnon we toured the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica with our private guide Nicola. She was simply fantastic . . . Friendly and knowledgeable and always able to speak to us in a corner away from the masses.

Our driver in Naples was Lello who drove expertly the spectacular, curvy Amalfi coast and all the while narrating interesting sights along the way and entertaining us with jokes and personal stories. We loved his jolliness!! We stopped at a roadside stand for delicious fresh lemon ice. We had time to explore Positano and later Sorrento on our own. We had a wonderful lunch at Il Leone Rosso and were given free shots of Limoncello. After lunch we toured Pompeii with our private guide Pina who was GREAT! When Lello dropped us back at our ship, he surprised us with a bottle of Limoncello. That was just the icing on the cake after such a memorable day!

I know RIL will not let us down when we go on our 2 tours later this summer: Tivoli followed by Pompeii and Amalfi Coast!!

My family of 4 (ages 26 -57) just got back from our Rhapsody cruise. We spent 3 days pre-cruise in Rome, and opted for the 2 day RomeinLimo tour. Our 6 hour Rome tour was wonderful with Franco. We saw and did so much in the 6 hours! The 2nd day was a 3 hour tour of the Vatican with Nicola. He was excellent and had so much knowledge & passion to share! Jany was very good at responding to questions & emails. We feel like we we got to see & do so much in those 2 days, and would definitely use them again.

Barbara

We recently booked Rome in a Day with Rome In Limo. I have to say that it was the best excursion we could have done. Enrico was our driver for the day & I can't say enough about how fantastic he was. We were there on our 20th anniversary trip. During one of our stops while we were out, he bought us a bottle of prosecco (what a nice touch). In addition, he recommended the best restaurants & gelato that we had on our trip. Everything from the moment we got in the car to when we were dropped off was first class. He made sure we were well taken care of. Every site we passed, he gave a wonderful story/history behind everything. He went above & beyond & I would HIGHLY recommend him as your driver.

We recently booked Rome in a Day with Rome In Limo. I have to say that it was the best excursion we could have done. Enrico was our driver for the day & I can't say enough about how fantastic he was. We were there on our 20th anniversary trip. During one of our stops while we were out, he bought us a bottle of prosecco (what a nice touch). In addition, he recommended the best restaurants & gelato that we had on our trip. Everything from the moment we got in the car to when we were dropped off was first class. He made sure we were well taken care of. Every site we passed, he gave a wonderful story/history behind everything. He went above & beyond & I would HIGHLY recommend him as your driver.

I couldn't agree with you more! Enrico was our driver on our last day in Rome and he was wonderful. He has so much knowledge and we saw everything we wanted to see. I would also highly recommend him as your driver. I know if we return to Rome we will ask for him again....:)

Just got back from Rome and the weather was great. We had a wonderful time with our tour in Rome ,with our driver Rolando. Very professional and speaks great English. He had a nice lunch waiting for us, at our expense, just one block from the Vatican. I would recommend his services. There are a lot of people in Rome during the time.

Just back from our 12 Day Spirit cruise and we used RomeinLimo for our tours in Florence, Rome and Naples.

We did the Florence/Pisa with tower climb and Simona was our driver-she was a hoot! Showed us the best place to shop too!

Rome in a day with inside the colosseum and Vatican with guide with Nick as our driver. It was a whirlwind but he was a great driver. Our Vatican guide Laura was wonderful!

In Naples we did the climb Vesuvius/Sorrento/Herculaneum with Diego as our driver and our guide at Herculaneum made the place come alive.

We shared these tours with folks on our roll calls and I never had any fears about the money I was carrying with me. Certainly we spent less on these tours than we would have using a ships tour and moved much faster with our groups of 8 vs a bus of 50.

Highly, highly recommend them!

It was an incredible experience to use Rome in Limo in Florence and Rome since we only had one day in each city. Our Drivers Simona and Alberto were experts and so accommodating. Rome in Limo helped us book the tickets to climb the leaning tower in Pisa ahead of time and get our Vatican tickets. We were picked up at the dock as we exited the boat in a newer model Mercedes van. Both drivers knew the history of the city and parked us close to the major attractions. At each attraction we received a cell phone so that we could contact the drivers. In Rome, Alberto even made reservations for us at an incredible restaurant, reasonably priced and good!

Having a guide steer you through the Vatican is essential. I do not know how you would be able to see anything if you had to wait in line for tickets. We had Maria Linda and without her we would have never seen the Sistine Chapel, Necropolis and the Basilica. Rome is extremely crowded be prepared to be elbowed and pushed. We tipped both drivers and our guide generously since there were five people in our group and they each deserved every penny.

We just returned from our cruise on the Carnival Vista May 14/16. I researched tour companies to make the most of our time in Rome and decided on joining a small group tour with Rome in a Limo. Our group of seven adults (one child remained on the cruise ship) set out on this tour with our driver Rolando. He was both experienced and informative. Knew just where to take us and when (timing). The Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps, the colliseum and a hill top view of the city were some of the highlights. He recommended a local cafe for lunch a block from the Vatican and it was so awesome. We had an amazing full Italian meal with wine, limoncello and dessert for a flat rate. It was the most memorable part of the trip! Our Vatican guide, Alessandra met us here and we walked to the museum and through the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. She was lovely and very knowledgeable and it was so nice to have a private guide to get you through the crowds and describe what you are viewing. There was no problem getting back to the ship on time. We slept during the return trip. I would totally recommend this tour company and Rolando for your Rome visit.

We have just recently returned from a 12 day Med cruise on NCL Spirit and chose RiL for our excursions in Rome and Naples. The drivers, "Big Lucca" in Rome and Jonny in Naples were both great. They were knowledgable and personable and good drivers. We felt in good hands on the windy, narrow roads of the Amalfi Coast or the narrow alley ways in Rome.

The drivers are not true guides, as you are on your own exploring, and may want a professional guide to accompany you in places like the Vatican or Pompeii. However, both our drivers know so much about the area, culture and sights. It was like touring with a friend. There were no "canned" tour guide speeches, just fun and personal conversation laced with interesting details about the history of places we were seeing and local life.

In addition to the comfortable vehicle, having a private tour, as we did, left you in control. Go where you want, move on when ready. We asked for recommendations for lunch etc. and the drivers both seemed to understand what would please us. It was certainly nice getting back into our luxury SUV, rather than squeezing into a bus with dozens of our fellow cruisers.

You will definitely want to give your driver a little extra 🙂

We have used RIL several times for a total of 7 tours. we did a Med cruise in 20013 and just got back from the Vista Inaugural. They are by far the best we have ever used. You will NOT be sorry. They are so nice, and so professional and they enjoy sharing and telling you about their country and city. I will use them again when we go back to Italy in 2 years. Everyone on our tours loved them. We did the 8 person van and it is so much better and so much cheaper than Cruise excursions. They do all they can for you to make sure you have a great tour.

Excellent tours and guides with them in Naples, Rome and Florence on 5/24 Carnival Vista sailing and also Disney Magic back in 2013. Amazing staff rom first email contact to drop off at the end of the tour. I highly recommend them and have referred many friends and fellow cruisers who completely agreed.

Natalie

They will pick you up right at your hotel and take you to directly to the cruise port. If you get 6-8 people from your roll call who are all staying at the same hotel, you can share the cost. Just be sure that Jany's aware of the number of people and that they have their cruise luggage. You need to insure that you'll have a big enough vehicle. I've also done it with people in nearby hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app