RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I used Rome in Limo for tours in Naples (Pompeii), Rome, and Florence in 2014 and am planning on using them this summer for tours in Rome and Messina.

Working with Jany again reminded me of how much I appreciate their customer service. She returns my emails within a day (does she ever sleep?) and answers all my questions. I like the clear instructions and the links to ticket sites so that I don’t have to guess about getting the correct ones.

Our guides and drivers in 2014 were exceptional – knowledgeable, friendly, organized. I could not have asked for better tours. It made a huge difference to be driven on the narrow, crowded roads with an expert driver so that we could enjoy the scenery and commentary without worrying about the road. The smaller, comfortable bus could get places that larger busses could not and we didn’t have to spend time waiting for a large group to reassemble. I used their shared tour site to arrange a small group of fellow cruisers and it worked out to be less expensive, but far more enjoyable than the ship’s excursions. But the best part was how enjoyable our drivers were – they really were enthusiastic about sharing their time and knowledge with us and it felt like we were spending the day with a friend.

I can’t wait to tour with them again!

Edited by SeaGal

Hi, I'm Looking for some suggestions. After reading all the great reviews on RIL, I tried booking them for some tours in August. To my dismay Jany said that they are already booked for the dates I needed :(

She gave me the name of another company, Italy Privat excursion (no "e" on the end of privat)

I tried looking for them on trip advisor couldn't find any reviews. Should I use another company that I've sen reviewed here or on trip advisor, like City Wonders or LivItaly? Or go with Jany's suggestion?

So bummed :(

Advice to those traveling this summer: Book soon!!

Hi, I'm Looking for some suggestions. After reading all the great reviews on RIL, I tried booking them for some tours in August. To my dismay Jany said that they are already booked for the dates I needed :(

She gave me the name of another company, Italy Privat excursion (no "e" on the end of privat)

I tried looking for them on trip advisor couldn't find any reviews. Should I use another company that I've sen reviewed here or on trip advisor, like City Wonders or LivItaly? Or go with Jany's suggestion?

I trust Jany not to lead you wrong, but be sure you were in touch with Rome In Limo, I've never heard of them being booked this early, but who knows..it may be some kind of special event they are already booked for.

We've never used any company but Rome In Limo so can't recommend anyone else, sorry.

I'm booking romeinlimo for some of my pre-cruise time in Rome, thanks to the many accolades here on CC. My questions:

1-They are suggesting an 8 hour tour with a driver, and a guide for the Vatican. Do we need a guide for other sites? Or is the driver usually knowledgeable enough to provide info?

2-Have you ever just gotten a guide at the Vatican rather than scheduled one in advance? If so, how did that work out? Did you still have to stand in line for tickets? Can you just visit the "church" on your own without tickets? (I obviously have lots more research to do! I visited Rome years ago, but I was on a tour and they took care of everything.)

3-Do you tip on top of the fee for the driver, or is it included?

4- Not a romeinlimo question, but has anyone ever done a day trip from Rome to Pompeii? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for answers to my questions!

Have used Romeinlimo many times and have trips booked this fa with them.

1/2. We spent 4 hours in 2011 with a guide at Vatican and barely scratched surface. Only hit specific areas, guide is worth every penny! So much knowledge and u are not hunting the things you are interested in, they know and take u.

I would get a hide for Coliseum/ forum as well

3. Yes, you are paying a business for their service, the driver is making the experience

4. Have a trip booked for Pompeii in oct with them. We are starting in Amalfi. Is 3.5 hours from Rome to Pompeii.

Ciao

Just let RIL arrange your Vatican guide, the price is pretty much what all the Vatican guides cost and that makes you experience seamless with no hiccups! You are paying for the perfect RIL experience and it's best to take their advice and use the guides they recommend . JMHO

PS my Rome experience with RIL was incredible !

I would totally trust Jany and RIL and any advice they give. They are so excellent and would never steer you wrong!

RIL got us a guide to the Vatican, and it was sooooo worth it. Our guide was excellent and made the tour fabulous.

Good luck on your trip! :)

I would say the 2 "GO TO's" are RIL and Italytoursharing.com Have you tried italytoursharing.com It is set up the same way as RIL. I have used both companies. Both are great and extremely similar (in fact one of the guides we had used to work for the other company).

This person has already booked with Rome In Limo so why are you suggesting she try a different company? This IS the Rome in Limo thread.....

RIL does a wonderful job as 1000's here have stated..... perhaps you should be promoting italytoursharing on ITS own thread......just saying.

Actually....they were full, may want to re-read her question before jumping all over someone...

Thanks for the help everyone.

The company Jany suggested "privat excursions" never answered any of the 3 emails I sent them. And it's been over 2 weeks. So I've decided not to use them.:(

Most likely will use Livitaly and Easitaly as they has both been wonderful helping me set things up.

I would have loved to use RIL and i was really surprised that all my dates were taken. I had asked for Aug 13 walking tour of Vatican as a pre cruise and Aug 21-23 for a few days post cruise for other day tours. She said all those dates in August were all full.:confused::confused:

Again thanks for all the help!

Actually....they were full, may want to re-read her question before jumping all over someone...

You should read first the last posts of "b_cruiser" only few pages back, this is not her first time unfortunately, she comes often on this thread with her recommendations for "italytoursharing & Joebanana", same tour company of course, even when is not necessary :(

I do highly suggest using Rome In Limo first and foremost.. but in this case, since they were booked, the other company would be great too. I am very partial to RIL, and have never used the other company.... but with the recommendations they got, I would go ahead.

And in the future, I recommend that people get in touch with RIL as much in advance as possible-- so they avoid being told that RIL is full. They are so excellent and worth it! :)

We have used Rome in Limo in the past for Florence and Rome and were very pleased. We will be going again in July and have booked them again for this trip. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

When we went to the Colosseum we had an audio tour by Rick Steves that was free and very good. You can download his pod casts for free onto your Ipod or phone and listen as he takes you step by step through the colosseum. He also offers other cities.

We've used Romeinlimo for 5 excursions now...three within a large CC group of us, two privately just our family and never once had an issue, blip, nothing. Jany is prompt with emails, couldn't have been a smoother overall experience. This is my go to company for Italy excursions.

Thanks for the help everyone.

The company Jany suggested "privat excursions" never answered any of the 3 emails I sent them. And it's been over 2 weeks. So I've decided not to use them.:(

Most likely will use Livitaly and Easitaly as they has both been wonderful helping me set things up.

I would have loved to use RIL and i was really surprised that all my dates were taken. I had asked for Aug 13 walking tour of Vatican as a pre cruise and Aug 21-23 for a few days post cruise for other day tours. She said all those dates in August were all full.:confused::confused:

Again thanks for all the help!

prob because they get a 10000% approval rating on these boards!

Most of your questions have been answered, but I concur with them. Our vatican guide was waiting in line for us and it only took a few minutes to meet up with her and get into the museum. The line was very long, so thank goodness we did not have to get into it. She (the guide) knew a lot of little known facts about paintings and we learned a lot from her. She took her time and we did not get behind big groups. It took a few hours, but was very enjoyable seeing all that history, especiallly the Sistine Chapel.

Our driver for both Rome and Florence/Pisa were vrey knowledgable and told us all kinds of facts while driving. We were only 3 and had a car, so it was easy to get in and out of places quickly.

As for Pompii, that is one place I haven't been yet, but would love to. I have heard it is a long distance for a day, so maybe you would be better off asking Romeinlimo about that one.

Have a great trip - I can't wait to get there in November myself....

I used romainlimo this past fall. Picked us up from airport hotel and drove us (6) to port. Clean vehicle, good driver and on time. Then they picked us up in Naples for 8 hour tour of Amalie coast. Great day and fantastic lunch. Booked then again this fall for positano area excursions. They respond quickly, and I trust them completely

Sailawayjack, question for you. We have also booked our shuttle through this company and were wondering about tipping for this servce. What is the standard tip amount for this service. First time in Rome for us and do you know of a local restaurant with good food. We will be staying at the Albergo Cesari for 3 days. Thank you.

Mike

I started 3 shared tours on the Rome in Limo website for the 3 different stops on my Epic cruise this coming summer. I am a solo traveler so it's currently just me on each tour. What are the chances these tours will fill up with some other folks? Do they usually fill up closer to the cruise date? Has anyone had to cancel because nobody was interested in joining?

I started 3 shared tours on the Rome in Limo website for the 3 different stops on my Epic cruise this coming summer. I am a solo traveler so it's currently just me on each tour. What are the chances these tours will fill up with some other folks? Do they usually fill up closer to the cruise date? Has anyone had to cancel because nobody was interested in joining?

They usually fill up right away, did you post this on your sailings Roll Call? Can't imagine it's not full :(

Love RIL