RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Thank you JVilleGal and t and c cruisers. I think my issue will be resolved soon!

Jany did get back to me today. Turns out that the shore excursion we booked was changed by RIL (without notifying me or the other CC couple joining us) because RIL was worried that we might not make it back to the ship on time. Jany said that because the ship was docking at the port of Salerno instead of Naples, the tour I booked (Naples, Pompeii and Sorrento) would not work - even though it is listed on their webpage for this port. They changed it to the Sorrento, Pompeii and Positano tour. Since we are spending a week in Positano pre-cruise, we wanted to see other parts of Italy! After talking with Jany, it was obvious that RIL was acting in our best interest and did this to protect us and to give us the best tour possible. Jany will be getting back to me soon with other options for the tour that don't include Positano. I was very pleased with the resolution. She is also reaching out to the other couple on our tour and getting all the details worked out. Needless to say, I am pleased. I even asked Jany for some recommended RIL tours down the Amalfi coast during our week in Positano...

Glad your situation was resolved. That sounds like the level of service I've always received from them!

A week in Positano sounds like Heaven!!! Vitorio was a fantastic driver for us last month for Herculaneum, Sorrento, Positano.

Enjoy your trip!

I just booked an excursion through Rome IN Limo for Rome Highlights in August. I signed up for 8 people and it is just my husband and me so I hope to share with 6 other people. But now I"m worried because I'm thinking I should have booked on the RIL tour sharing site. Does it matter? How do I get my tour to show up on the tour sharing site?

Thanks. Meg

I just booked an excursion through Rome IN Limo for Rome Highlights in August. I signed up for 8 people and it is just my husband and me so I hope to share with 6 other people. But now I"m worried because I'm thinking I should have booked on the RIL tour sharing site. Does it matter? How do I get my tour to show up on the tour sharing site?

Thanks. Meg

just email Jany and she can set it up for you and then announce the tour on your cruise roll call and tell them where to go to sigh up....you probably shouldn't have a problem filling the tour since your still more than a month out from your cruise.

I've used RIL several times and can't speak too highly of them. Great company. I found out that their tours are so much better than ships tours not only because of the employees and drivers but it's so much better taking a car than a bus so you can park near your stops. Glad you were able to work things out with Jany. She does a great job and will work things out fine. You will se some fantastic areas.

My apologies if this has been answered already.

We have 4 bookings (4 different ports) with RomeinLimo and Jany is great (and very patient).

However, there is something that I don't understand and she doesn't understand my questions.

F.i. We are 4 people in Naples. She is giving me the price for an entire van for 8 people. On my roll call I don't find more people interested. Does this mean that I'm responsible for paying 8 seats????

The tour is visible on their tour sharing page, but I'm afraid we won't get the additional 4 guests.

Same goes for Messina. The van is 14 guests max and we're nowhere near that number. Am I responsible to pay for 14 people, eventhough there's just 4 of us?

We have 4 bookings (4 different ports) with RomeinLimo and Jany is great (and very patient).

However, there is something that I don't understand and she doesn't understand my questions.

F.i. We are 4 people in Naples. She is giving me the price for an entire van for 8 people. On my roll call I don't find more people interested. Does this mean that I'm responsible for paying 8 seats????

The tour is visible on their tour sharing page, but I'm afraid we won't get the additional 4 guests.

Same goes for Messina. The van is 14 guests max and we're nowhere near that number. Am I responsible to pay for 14 people, eventhough there's just 4 of us?

The way that RIL (and nearly every driver/vehicle rental service) are set up is like this: you are paying a lump sum for the the driver and the vehicle and associated overhead. The total cost is the same whether you are splitting it among 4 people or 8 people.

If you seriously think that you will have fewer people than you had planned, it's better to talk it over with the agency sooner rather than later. In some cases they may be able to get and use a smaller vehicle -- thus a lesser cost to you. However, their ability to substitute one vehicle for another probably is very limited the closer you get to your actual booked tour.

not sure, but probably.... are you advising of the openings on your roll call? it's usually pretty easy to fill these tours up... how long from now is your cruise?

not sure, but probably.... are you advising of the openings on your roll call? it's usually pretty easy to fill these tours up... how long from now is your cruise?

We cruise in October. I've offered the tours on all roll calls possible. Seems like people have already made other plans :-)

I think it's best for us to cancel our RomeinLimo reservations and look for any shared options. I don't want to be responsible for 10 empty seats.

We had one that took all of 10 minutes to fill. I have another that still needs 4 people. I'm assuming there are a large percentage of Europeans on these cruises and don't really follow CC. My cruise is Harmony in October. So have time. I would hate to cancel it because it's from La Spezia and seems crazy to get to train for Florence.

We cruise in October. I've offered the tours on all roll calls possible. Seems like people have already made other plans :-)

I think it's best for us to cancel our RomeinLimo reservations and look for any shared options. I don't want to be responsible for 10 empty seats.

Have you joined your roll call for your exact cruise here on cruise critic? We've never had any trouble filling seats on tours when we participate in our roll call on a regular basis. If you don't do that I think you may well have trouble filling the tour. But I would email Jany again and see what she thinks...you are still several months away from your sail date, I would think it will fill by then....but up to you of course.

Don't forget you will meet people once you are on board too or at the M&G that will be looking for tours. It wouldn't give up yet. Keep posting on your roll call - it is still so early that I would think you can fill it up. But, I would post on the roll call for your cruise, not any others. You want to be able to find people if they don't show day of the tour.

As others said is just to early to give it up. Groups and roll ally's get more active a month before the sailing date.

Why you have 10 free seats? Why you didn't simply booked a van up to 6 passengers which is the most covenience and comfy?

Hi..........just back from Med. Cruise. I just wanted to send in a recommendation for RIL. We used them for everything we did in Rome. Fabio was a great tour guide and for newbies to Rome he made sure we saw all the sights. On our day to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast from Rome, Fabio informed us about the region and showed us the sites with a great recommendation for lunch in Sorrento. We also did our airport and cruise port transfers through RIL. From the cruise ship, we toured Pisa and Florence, with Giovanni. Great day, great tour guide! Well done RIL!

Terry

We're also just back from a FABULOUS trip on the Harmony of the Seas. Can't say enough about our two Rome In Limo drivers for Rome (Civitavechhia) and Naples. There were 6 of us total - my husband and myself, our two teenagers, and my 60-something parents.

For Rome, we had Luca as a driver and he was amazing. Our ship docked an hour late (someone else was in our spot!) and he patiently waited with all of the other drivers, and extended our tour an hour to make sure we saw everything we needed. The drive to and from Rome flew by, and my teenagers were especially happy on the way back when Luca shared his wi-fi passcode! It was our first trip to Rome and it was fantastic to have a knowledgeable local driving us around, teaching us history, giving us great instructions for the walking parts of our tour, making sure we had our fill of gelato and pizza, and making adjustments on the fly as needed. We always felt safe and comfortable, and the 8-passenger, AC van with cold bottles of water was a haven.

For Naples, we had Enrico and he was also fantastico! Again, we were able to make adjustments on the fly as needed. We first visited Sorrento and then drove down the Amalfi Coast to Positano. First of all, I would NOT want to do that drive myself. Not only because of the crazy roads but also the heavy traffic, with lots of people driving who don't know the area. But just as with Luca the day before, Enrico was full of colorful stories (and loved talking about "futbol" with my teenage son) and gave us a lot of insight into the people and culture of the region. He played lots of Frank Sinatra which made my mom very happy. We instantly fell in love with Positano and he suggested we cancel our later lunch reservation to spend more time there, just getting takeaway food. All 6 of us agree that this town and spending time with Enrico was the highlight of our trip. We also loved our visit to Pompeii and the outstanding guide we had there, Lucia.

Our cruise ports were a mixture of RC excursions (Mallorca), a DIY day (Pisa) and two days with Rome In Limo (sadly, Marseilles was a cancelled stop!). Luca and Enrico truly made our last two stops the most magical and I have already been recommending RIL to friends who are planning future trips to Italy. I also think it was very special for us to get to spend some time with a local and learn from them, versus being one of 40 on a big tour bus.

Let me know if you have any questions!

We used Rome in Limo for two tours - Florence & Pisa and Rome.

Simona was our driver/guide in Florence & Pisa and we had a great time. She was able to fit in everything we wanted to see and we still had free time. She got us in to see The David pretty quickly.

In Rome our driver/guide was Mauritzio and then Marco joined us as a private guide for the Vatican. Mauritzio was fantastic, explaining the sites and taking us for photo opps. Marco was beyond exceptional. His explanations made the Vatican tour.

Jana in the office was extremely helpful in setting up the tours.

We would not hesitate to use them again.

Hi,

We are using Rominlimo for the third time in October , I would not use anyone else!

Email Jany with your question, and she will answer promptly ! Something you will discover... Jany never sleeps.

They work hard to provide the best service possible for their clients.

I remember our first cruise using RIL, I was so worried about filling the 8 seats. Jany was so reassuring the seats would be filled ....and they were !

Good luck and smooth sailing !

We were four people and between the Rome in Limo shared tour website and Cruise Critic roll call for our cruise we filled the 8 person tour. Had we not, we would have been able to downsize the vehicle tour at least seven days before. But if you book an 8 person tour and don't change it you are responsible for the full amount.

We had Nick as a driver and he made our trip to Rome wonderful. We got to see so much more than the ship tours and also because of the van size he could drop us off and pick us up very close to the site we chose which was extremely beneficial due to the extreme heat and crowds on the day we were there. A great company, excellent attention to detail would use them again if given the opportunity!

Hi, our family of four just came back from West Mediterranean cruise where we visited Naples, Rome and Florence. We used Romeinlimo at all three ports for shore excursions. In addition, through them they found tour guides for us at Pompei and Vatican museum. Overall, we felt Romeinlimo did an outstanding job Their drivers are courteous and knowledgable, providing us interesting facts throughout the trips. We also found them have fantastic driving skills and know the roads and traffic patters really well. The two tour guides they found for us were professional and so pleasant to listen to. If we ever go back to Italy, we definitely want to use their tour services again.

We just returned from a 12 day Med cruise, and booked tours with Rome in Limo from port of Livorno and port of Rome. OUTSTANDING! Our guide in Livorno was Vinny, and in Rome we had Rolando (and they arranged for our Vatican guide, Sylvia, as well, also top notch). Both guides were fantastic, entertaining and extremely knowledgeable. The places they took us for food - phenomenal. This is our second time using Rome in Limo (our first was 4 years ago, and we booked three tours at that time: Rome, Livorno and Naples, all were fantastic). I recommend RIL to anyone who is traveling in Italy. Jany was great at helping me put together the exact tour we wanted in Livorno, so we were able to see Pisa, a winery, the Tuscan countryside and San Gigimano. We hope to be back in another couple years, and would not hesitate to use them again.

Just returned back from a HAL cruise that started in Venice and ended in Rome. It included several stops in Greece, one in Turkey, and 3 in Italy – Venice, Salerno, and Rome. We used RomeInLimo for our excursion in Salerno and our transport to the Rome airport. This is the second time we have booked with them, and couldn’t have been more pleased. Throughout the booking process, they got back to me promptly with answers to my many questions, The vans were very nice, comfortable and clean. Both drivers were prompt and couldn’t have been more accommodating. There were six of us in the group – 5 women and one 18 year old with asberger syndrome and mobility issues. The ports on these cruises proved to be very challenging for him. Both drivers were wonderful and worked tirelessly to accommodate his needs and to make sure we had a positive experience. They more than exceeded that goal - on every count!

For the Salerno stop, the ship was late getting into port due to a power outage overnight. Our driver, Diego, was there waiting for us with a huge smile and a cheerful attitude. He made some suggestions on how to rework the plan to avoid as much traffic as possible. It worked great! We went to Sorrento first, stopping along the way for a lemon slushy and some amazing photo ops along the Amalfi coast. In Sorrento, we shopped a bit, and had a lovely (and very reasonably priced) lunch at a restaurant that Diego recommended. From there he took us to the Herculaneum. We had not reserved a guide, but he recommended we have one. He found the perfect guide for us – she was knowledgeable, personable, interesting, and very engaging. Her services cost an additional 100 euros, but it was definitely worth it. I believe Diego called her on her day off, and we were a challenging group, but she was nothing but gracious throughout.

Diego was wonderful! He kept us entertained with stories of the history of the Naples area, local culture, and family life. On the way back to the ship, he even had us all singing Italian songs with him. It was a very memorable end to the last port in a very action packed cruise. Definitely a highlight of the trip!

I would highly recommend RomeInLimo. For about the same amount as taking an excursion through the ship, we were able to see a lot more and had a much more personalized experience.

Vlad was our driver for the transport to the Rome airport. Saved some money on this option and it was so easy. Vlad was there waiting for us - took care of our bags, and had us away from the dock in no time. He was quiet, but very kind and helpful. My sister sat up front with him and really enjoyed her conversation with him.

This was our second trip where we booked through RIL and have been nothing but delighted with every aspect of their service. Definitely would do it again!

We had two more great experiences with Romeinlimo--one in Livorno with Simona, and one in Salerno with Diego. And having been to Italy 6 other times, we not inexperienced with all of the ports and sites.

When alone or just with my immediate family, I tend to like to do most ports independently (i.e. train, taxi, walk with tour book). However we use driver/tours when we touring with my parents since my dad cannot walk much, and having a driver and van give us the flexibility to visit many attractions while the driver can take my dad to a cafe to rest, for example.

I won't go into all the details of our itineraries since we tend to do things a bit different than most first or second-timers, but as just a few examples, in Firenze, we enjoyed visiting Abbazia di San Miniato al Monte instead of Piazzale Michelangelo, and visiting the Galileo instead of the Uffizi or Accademia museums.

In Salerno, Diego was wonderful and flexible with our dynamically changing whims. After visiting Villa Rufulo again in Ravello, and strolling and lunch in Amalfi, we decided against taking the longer drive to Positano, and opted to spend a couple hours in Minori. While enjoying desserts at Sal del Riso and checking out some local Roman ruins, there were never more than 5-15 people within our sight-lines in Minori. Contrast this with the summer crush of many thousands of tourists in Positano! While certainly not as scenic as Positano, we enjoyed a more relaxing Amalfi experience! Also, with Diego, I learned the use of the Italian word, Allora -- it's kind of like our "Well! ..."! Funny!

Anyhow, another year in Italy, another couple of great tours with Romeinlimo! Grazie Jany! :)

Edited by Terpnut

Hi- we used RIL out of Livorno and traveled to the towns of Volterra and San Gimiagno. Our driver was Laura and she was wonderful. Very fun and knowledgeable. We avoided the crush of tourists going to Florence and had a beautiful day exploring two Medieval villages and having a wine tasting at Tenuta Torciano. Great tour for kids and teens. Our day with Laura did not feel like a tour, it felt like we were traveling with an old friend. I highly recommend Rome in Limo.