RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Where do you stay in Rome that is downtown and that suppliers like Rome in limo will pick you up? Want to be in safe place also. Then how do you get from your hotel to the cruise port?

They will pick up where requested. Never heard any different. As always, and mentioned here frequently, just ask Jany.

Since we were embarking on our NCL Epic cruise from the Port of Rome, we arrived a day early walked around the city and then arranged a private tour with transfer to the Port using RomeInLimo. We had a wonderful day with our RIL driver Enrico. Since this was our fifth trip to Rome, Enrico made it his personal challenge to use our time wisely and to show us sites we had not seen before. We were blown away by how much Enrico taught us and all of the new sites he showed us beyond those we had requested (the Baths of Caracalla,in Rome and the Etruscan ruins nearer the port). Enrico managed both traffic and time masterfully and we arrived at the ship having had an amazing day of new sites and fun.

Just back from our Carnival Vista Med Cruise May 24 - June 3 and wanted to say that once again, Rome in Limo made for a fabulous experience!

We used Rome in Limo in Messina, Rome and in Florence.

Luca in Messina made our trip to Mt. Etna and Taormina absolutely lovely. His commentary during the drive and his recommendations were informative and spot on. The restaurant he recommended for lunch had the most incredible views and the food was phenomenal. Great job by Luca and great tour from Rome in Limo.

Domenico drove us into Rome and picked us up to take us back to the port. He did a great job under difficult conditions (tons of traffic due to a strike) and really made our day worry free.

and finally

Maria Clara was more than just a tour guide for our visit to Pisa and Florence. What a gem!! Everyone in the van felt they had made a new friend in Maria Clara. If you are booking Rome in Limo in Florence, you MUST request Maria Clara! I cannot even put into words what a wonderful day she gave us!!

Thank you again to Rome in Limo for truly making our days with you some of the absolute best experiences we have had on any trip!

With that being said, be careful who you join tours with - we had an experience this trip that was less than favorable - not in any way the fault of Rome of Limo - and wound up being charged more than we had agreed to pay.

I take it someone who was suppose to be on the tour failed to show up so the final bill was split between less people and you paid more?

Was you your day & tour still fabulous and far better than you could have gotten from the cruise line in terms of quality and less people (no bus)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JVilleGal

I take it someone who was suppose to be on the tour failed to show up so the final bill was split between less people and you paid more?

Was you your day & tour still fabulous and far better than you could have gotten from the cruise line in terms of quality and less people (no bus)?

Long story, and it had nothing to do with RIL - more like a major misunderstanding among the group that will hopefully have a happy ending.

I have taken 6 Rome in Limo Tours and every one of them was better than the one before. Rome in Limo never fails to deliver on their tours. Great vehicles, fabulous guides and always on time. There is not a better way to go. I would never get on an overcrowded cruise line bus tour again.

Long story, and it had nothing to do with RIL - more like a major misunderstanding among the group that will hopefully have a happy ending.

I have taken 6 Rome in Limo Tours and every one of them was better than the one before. Rome in Limo never fails to deliver on their tours. Great vehicles, fabulous guides and always on time. There is not a better way to go. I would never get on an overcrowded cruise line bus tour again.

Sorry you had a problem, I've organized a few tours with Rome In Limo and other tour companies in different countries....I always try to email all participants frequently with all info and prices...and then usually meet a day or two prior to the actual tour on the ship and collect the funds then so there is no misunderstanding later and nobody pays more than they should.... Hope you are able to work out whatever happened.

Rome In Limo does such a great job, my DH and I are still talking about our trip this past April and the great drivers we had with Enrico, Francesco and others.... We are doing a different kind of Med itinerary in 2017 but it includes a stop in Sicily so am sure we will be contacting Jany for help there since I note on their website that they cover that part of Italy too!!:)

Edited by Gracie115

Sorry you had a problem, I've organized a few tours with Rome In Limo and other tour companies in different countries....I always try to email all participants frequently with all info and prices...and then usually meet a day or two prior to the actual tour on the ship and collect the funds then so there is no misunderstanding later and nobody pays more than they should.... Hope you are able to work out whatever happened.

Rome In Limo does such a great job, my DH and I are still talking about our trip this past April and the great drivers we had with Enrico, Francesco and others.... We are doing a different kind of Med itinerary in 2017 but it includes a stop in Sicily so am sure we will be contacting Jany for help there since I note on their website that they cover that part of Italy too!!:)

We did the Mt. Etna/Taormina tour from Messina and it was fantastic! Luca was our guide and he was wonderful!! As always, a great job by RIL!

Just back from the Vista and used RIL on 2 tours- Naples and in Florence. We once again had Giovanni in Naples and once again he was a great tour guide and we had a great day. In Florence we had Maria Clara as a tour guide and she was just as spectacular. Our days were great thanks to the wonderful tours set up and the great guides.

For anyone visiting Rome, before booking with your cruise ship and being surrounded with 30+ fellow passengers, please check out RomeInLimo. This was a wonderful way to visit Rome and see as many sites as possible in the one day there. With Giovanni as our excellent English speaking tour guide, he was at the dock on time with a roomy, comfortable van for the eight of us, took us straight to the Colosseum before it got terribly crowded, and spent the rest of the day taking us to all the highlights the city has to offer. We had a fabulous lunch with our friends on the tour and it was all made possible by RomeInLimo and Giovanni. You will be very pleased.

Edited by eileen5412

Rome In Limo is a first class way to experience Rome. For a fraction of the price of a cruise's shore excursion, RIL allows you to see Rome in ways that a larger charter bus can't. Our driver, Nik, took us to places that no other groups were at. Not only was he knowledgeable and service oriented, he was very personable and friendly. Would suggest RIL and Nik to anybody looking for a fun and informative tour of Rome.

I agree with previous posters-- Rome In Limo is excellent! We had Vinnie in Rome and Fabriccio in Florence... wish we had gone with RIL for Amalfi Coast, rather than the cruise ship......

Our driver/guides were soooo knowledgeable, funny, entertaining, helpful etc. that we did not need additional guides (except at the Vatican, you really do want a guide!). They were so wonderful, we wanted to tip them, they deserved it for their energy, knowledge, expertise, and willingness to honor all our requests. Those tours were the absolute highlight of our trip. I will never forget Vinnie or Farbricio, and am forever grateful we did two tours with RIL. Next time, I would do everything with them. The price was lower than the Ship's tours, and much more informative, interesting, fun, and tailored to our specific needs and wants. :cool:

Edited by Litehouse9
typos

Just got back from a Carnival cruise on the new Vista ship. We used Rome In Limo twice. Great company, great drivers, great tour guides. They were on time, knowledge of each port, went beyond to make the tour fun.So very pleased that we booked with them and will use the company again.

I have a problem with our upcoming booking with Rome in Limo. I have tried emailing and they don't seem to understand the issue. The phone number listed on the website is for "emergencies" - this is not an emergency, just a misunderstanding. How do you get hold of this "Jany" that I have been reading such good things about on this thread?

Thanks so much for your help!

I have a problem with our upcoming booking with Rome in Limo. I have tried emailing and they don't seem to understand the issue. The phone number listed on the website is for "emergencies" - this is not an emergency, just a misunderstanding. How do you get hold of this "Jany" that I have been reading such good things about on this thread?

Thanks so much for your help!

First what is the problem? And did you email Jany because she is excellent at getting right back but do remember there is a time difference. When do you sail?

RIL is so good that when our ship docked last minute at a different port (different city) they still found me and apologized for being 5 min late (sent a text) never mind we docked over an hour from where we were scheduled to be.

If you sail in the next day or two I would call.

I just checked your posting history, you don't sail until October, why don't you give Jany a few days to reach out to you as she is dealing with passengers with pressing issues today and you sail months from now. You will hear from her soon I'm sure! :)

Edited by JVilleGal

We just got back from our June 3rd cruise on the Carnival Vista; we booked Romeinlimo for our group of 4 and we did Rome as you Like it. We had already seen the Vatican extensively so were looking for different options. We had Luca as our driver, and he made the history of Rome come alive for us. We had wonderful discussions with him and he made the day one of our most spectacular of the cruise. He also took us for a fantastic meal in a restaurant that was filled with "locals". We are all of Italian descent so we have an idea of good Italian food, and were not disappointed, nor were we with his choice of stops for gelato. He took us to all our important highlights on our list, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navrone, Pantheon, Forum, Collesseum, Villa Borgese and some stops in between! We also got back to the ship in plenty of time so you need not fear that using a private tour company will endanger your cruise in any way, at least not this tour company. Couldn't have been happier with Romeinlimo AND with Luca. He is the best! Do not hesitate to use this company!!

First what is the problem? And did you email Jany because she is excellent at getting right back but do remember there is a time difference. When do you sail?

RIL is so good that when our ship docked last minute at a different port (different city) they still found me and apologized for being 5 min late (sent a text) never mind we docked over an hour from where we were scheduled to be.

If you sail in the next day or two I would call.

I just checked your posting history, you don't sail until October, why don't you give Jany a few days to reach out to you as she is dealing with passengers with pressing issues today and you sail months from now. You will hear from her soon I'm sure! :)

Thank you for you very quick answer to my question! I will wait. Is Info@romeinlimo.com the email address for Jany? I sent an email to that address yesterday and got a reply today (which is great response time), but the response completely misunderstood my question. Just thought it would be easier to clear up over the phone (they seem to have booked me on the wrong tour, and I already have others signed up to join me...). We do have time to get this resolved, but it does not seem that they understand what the problem is. I will keep trying!

John005 have you respond back to clarify you believe they have you booked for the wrong tour?

Example: I booked day at Pompeii and you show me booked at ?? ?

Once again I booked X and am concerned about ---

Jany has been doing this for years so just respond and ask for clarification about the exact tour you have book and what you believe is a mistake.

Yes you have the correct email. Make sure you respond on the same email chain and reference your confirmation # and details.

You have plenty of time to get all the details correct and you will love your day with RIL, we have used them 4 times and all fabulous!

Thanks so much for your help![/QUOT

Email her again. Remember the time change. It took her more than 24 hours to get back to me, but she did respond. Don't give up on the company. They are well worth time and energy to reach Jany. We used company in Rome and Florence and wished we had used them more.

Thank you JVilleGal and t and c cruisers. I think my issue will be resolved soon!

Jany did get back to me today. Turns out that the shore excursion we booked was changed by RIL (without notifying me or the other CC couple joining us) because RIL was worried that we might not make it back to the ship on time. Jany said that because the ship was docking at the port of Salerno instead of Naples, the tour I booked (Naples, Pompeii and Sorrento) would not work - even though it is listed on their webpage for this port. They changed it to the Sorrento, Pompeii and Positano tour. Since we are spending a week in Positano pre-cruise, we wanted to see other parts of Italy! After talking with Jany, it was obvious that RIL was acting in our best interest and did this to protect us and to give us the best tour possible. Jany will be getting back to me soon with other options for the tour that don't include Positano. I was very pleased with the resolution. She is also reaching out to the other couple on our tour and getting all the details worked out. Needless to say, I am pleased. I even asked Jany for some recommended RIL tours down the Amalfi coast during our week in Positano...