"Nation of Why Not"... not so hot

As I sit and watch the Travel Channel, the RCCI advertisements of

"A Nation of Why Not" runs at almost every commercial break...

RCCI is our favorite cruise line. Is it just me, but I'm not thrilled at all with these commercials.

I do miss the lively old adds with "hey Johnny" music.

I wander if RCCI regrets the change in advertisement companies.

Have the commercials been effective?

I persoanlly don't care of their new campaign at all. Why not go elsewhere? Why not stay home? Why not shut the TV? Why not means nothing and so many things I don't associate it with cruising at all.

I agree, a loser ad campaign - bring back the old music!

If the question being asked is Why Not cruise RC?, then RC turned around in the last few months and gave us plenty of answers, with some of their bad PR moves.

I miss the old catchy music. Use to get me excited about my upcoming cruises. Why not change back???

I totally agree with you. I have my cellphone ringer set to "here come Johnny"

Got to love it.

The Nation of Why Not.

Why not sail with RCL anymore I can think of a couple of reasons why not to sail. But I hoping this all to shall pass.

As I sit and watch the Travel Channel, the RCCI advertisements of

"A Nation of Why Not" runs at almost every commercial break...

RCCI is our favorite cruise line. Is it just me, but I'm not thrilled at all with these commercials.

I do miss the lively old adds with "hey Johnny" music.

I wander if RCCI regrets the change in advertisement companies.

Have the commercials been effective?

This was probably due to a decrease in the advertising budget. The new campaign is exponentially cheaper to produce than the previous campaign.

With all the cutbacks to Diamond members, it is more the nation of NOT.

I see people have not gotten over the loss of a few drinks. For some reason I knew there would be one on this thread.

As for the marketing... I do not like it better than the Lust for Life... though it is better than the Carnival ads. I like NCL's though.

Sometimes Marketing strategies work, and some times they don't... this one is not the "Home Run" they had hoped it would be and it will change just as in the past....

Try to stay focused on what you love about Royal Caribbean and your personal experiences rather than their marketing boo-boo's !

I totally agree --- this is the most counter-productive advertising camapaign I have ever seen --- In this economy (or any economy), no one choses to spend thousands of dollars on the basis of "why not " ---- especially the demographic that RCCL serves. Suggests that I chose RCCL on a mere whim ---- Rather, tell me WHY I SHOULD spend my important vacation money cruising with Royal Caribbean.They have a great story to tell -- so tell about it, as opposed to the miriad of other opportunities crying for my vacation dollar.

Bill Wright

Try to stay focused on what you love about Royal Caribbean and your personal experiences rather than their marketing boo-boo's !

First of all, I DVR everything and have actually never seen the new commercials...and if I did, they were COMPLETELY unmemorable. So literally as I'm reading this thread, I heard the last five seconds of a commercial (I'm watching live TV right now...UGH) and I heard the guy go, "The nation of why not." Crazy coincidence. (Oh and as someone said on page 1, that guy's voice is pretty irritating.)

Now, my comment on travelntreats' comment, with which I have to disagree. All the OP wanted was opinions on the new commercial, positive or negative. I see nothing wrong with idle chatter about something negative. Sometimes those "What's your favorite thing about x or y" threads get pretty tired as well.

Archived