Nasty life vest, naked dancers and water spouts! Carnival Destiny May 28

Thanks for the review... definitely entertaining!

It sounds like the trip started off pretty rough, I hate when work gets in the way of a good plan. Even though you make the ship, the tension involved in same day travel puts me on edge. It would take at least 3 Funship Specials to get me into vacation mode after your morning experience! I drive to the port, and I still get there the night before... that way my vacation starts a day early.

HAHAH!

You guys are funny.

Actually I did notice that the assistant CD was standing guard on the top level and policing those who were taking pictures during the shows.

I did not take any pictures of the dancers during the show.

Perhaps someone else can oblige.

I realize that the thong thing isnt new.

I am saying that on this sailing and in these two shows I have not seen before the costumes seemed to be designed to make the body parts more revealing. Usually the back parts are covered with feathers or something. In this case the dancers were not covered and the dance moves required them to flaunt their business such as bending over and having the men lift their dresses to moon the audience etc.

It is my opinion the shows could have been done just as well with more clothing.

I am not going to say anything more about the dancers or their costumes.

If anyone has questions about the ship or activities I will be happy to answer. :)

My name is not Mary' date=' it's Ron.

Would I complain about male dancers showing their butts? YES I WOULD!

I say again that there is a time and place for everything. A family show is not the place to flash boobs and almost every inch of a bare ass.

Good taste isnt limited to females.

Just because I like men doesnt mean I always want to see their private parts. Maybe you do. I do not.

The costumes should be part of the show, not a distraction that takes away from the show.

A negative person? Why because I have good manners? Because I know poor taste when I see it?

At any rate it is my experience on my cruise.

I have been on 8 cruises, 6 of which have been on Carnival.

I will continue to cruise on Carnival as it is my favorite line.

Even though I may be considered a "cheerleader" for the line, it doesnt mean I wont say anything negative.

Thank you for your critique. :)[/quote']

Ron..... I appreciate the fact that you mentioned the excessive bare skin of the female dancers. And the fact that the CD felt it important to mention shows that there was excess. In my opinion there need not be vulgarity or nudity to make a show worth watching. Quite the opposite. To me, the things that make a show worth watching is how many people feel comfortable watching that show. In other words, less skin and more content.

My husband and I are thinking of doing a B2B on the Destiny. Would you suggest this? Would it have made your experience better knowing that you had an additional cruise to enjoy? I'm not saying you didn't enjoy your cruise. What I mean to say is the dining issue, having known you had longer you said you would have changed tables. The "Skin Show" would have made me less likely to attend the shows. But, other than that, how was the experience? We have never done a B2B and the pricing is just too affordable to not consider it. We love the idea that you can do a B2B2B on the Destiny and have all different ports. Now that's variety.

I look forward to future reviews by you.

Ron..... I appreciate the fact that you mentioned the excessive bare skin of the female dancers. And the fact that the CD felt it important to mention shows that there was excess. In my opinion there need not be vulgarity or nudity to make a show worth watching. Quite the opposite. To me, the things that make a show worth watching is how many people feel comfortable watching that show. In other words, less skin and more content.

My husband and I are thinking of doing a B2B on the Destiny. Would you suggest this? Would it have made your experience better knowing that you had an additional cruise to enjoy? I'm not saying you didn't enjoy your cruise. What I mean to say is the dining issue, having known you had longer you said you would have changed tables. The "Skin Show" would have made me less likely to attend the shows. But, other than that, how was the experience? We have never done a B2B and the pricing is just too affordable to not consider it. We love the idea that you can do a B2B2B on the Destiny and have all different ports. Now that's variety.

I look forward to future reviews by you.

I would certainly recommend a B2B on Destiny. I think the ship does alternate routes week to week. It would be well worth it!

I wish I had done the same.

I would sail Destiny again in a heart beat, but on a longer cruise!

I have nothing against skin shows if that is what I signed up to see.

But yea I would say book a back to back! I may even consider that myself for the future.

I had a good time. It wasnt all that bad. Its not like I walk around with a dark cloud over my head but sometimes when it rains, it pours!

I will be back to Carnival in the winter. :)

Entertaining review, Ron. Thanks!

You forgot to tell us ~ was there plenty of TP or did you have to resort to "Mother's Kleenex"???? :D :D ;)

Oh yes "Mothers Kleenex" LOL.

I still remember that thread!

There was extra TP and a box of Kleenex under the sink too.

No issues there.

Use all the TP you want, but just dont try to take more than 2 pieces of bacon!

Oh there is one thing I forgot.

For those of you interested in hand sanitizers, Destiny has them in the Lido area.

I did run across one guy that kept tasting the food as he moved down the buffet line and licked his fingers each and every time. Can you guess which hand he licked and then used to pick up the tongs?

I always serve with one hand and eat with the other.

I would certainly recommend a B2B on Destiny. I think the ship does alternate routes week to week. It would be well worth it!

I wish I had done the same.

I would sail Destiny again in a heart beat' date=' but on a longer cruise!

I have nothing against skin shows if that is what I signed up to see.

But yea I would say book a back to back! I may even consider that myself for the future.

I had a good time. It wasnt all that bad. Its not like I walk around with a dark cloud over my head but sometimes when it rains, it pours!

I will be back to Carnival in the winter. :)[/quote']

I can tell you had a good time. I too would have felt a bit "put out" by the skin shows. I enjoy the shows and would have felt "embarrassed" to sit and watch that with complete strangers. It's just not what I do. And I agree with you about your table mates. It's a shame others can actually effect your enjoyment, especially at dinner, but they can. No one wants to have dinner with crude obnoxious people. I hope your next cruise will make the dining experience on the Destiny a faint memory. Maybe we will be table mates..... who knows!!!!!!

Oh yes "Mothers Kleenex" LOL.

I still remember that thread!

There was extra TP and a box of Kleenex under the sink too.

No issues there.

Use all the TP you want' date=' but just dont try to take more than 2 pieces of bacon![/quote']

My husband will be very grateful for the BACON POLICE. I love bacon but my stomach cannot tolerate it well. I seem to forget that fact each time I go to a buffet and pay for it not long after. So, less bacon means less stomach issue. Darn the luck!!!!!!!;)

I can tell you had a good time. I too would have felt a bit "put out" by the skin shows. I enjoy the shows and would have felt "embarrassed" to sit and watch that with complete strangers. It's just not what I do. And I agree with you about your table mates. It's a shame others can actually effect your enjoyment, especially at dinner, but they can. No one wants to have dinner with crude obnoxious people. I hope your next cruise will make the dining experience on the Destiny a faint memory. Maybe we will be table mates..... who knows!!!!!!

Yes it will soon be a faint memory.

Out of all of my cruises this was the first time I had issues with table mates. Most adults know how to conduct themselves in public. I just happened to find two that do not.

I still have a good 30 or 40 years of cruising to make up for this one. :D

Yes it will soon be a faint memory.

Out of all of my cruises this was the first time I had issues with table mates. Most adults know how to conduct themselves in public. I just happened to find two that do not.

I still have a good 30 or 40 years of cruising to make up for this one. :D

I guess I'm confused. How did these tow guys arguing about vinegar cause you to leave your lobster and prime rib? Couldn't you have just kept on eating. Or thold them just to shut up. This all sounds quite dramatic to me.

I guess I'm confused. How did these tow guys arguing about vinegar cause you to leave your lobster and prime rib? Couldn't you have just kept on eating. Or thold them just to shut up. This all sounds quite dramatic to me.

I would say "loss of appetite" would fit here! I think before I gave up my lobster and prime rib I would have just moved tables!;)

I use Lysol or Clorox wipes - wipe down everything in the room :) Haven't thought of the vests though. I wouldn't wipe down the naked dancers though!:rolleyes:

The worst germ carrier is the TV Remote...use Lysol wipes and really clean around the buttons, sides and back of the remote...you will be amazed at how dirty the cloths are. :eek:

Arguing with the waiter about vinegar and then with each other and dropping the "F" bomb in loud tone is not a pleasant thing to witness. At least not for me. I am not used to being around that type of behavior and chose NOT to sit there and observe any more of their behavior that evening.

One of the great things about a cruise is if you don't like something you don't have to do it or put up with it. Be it table mates or a offensive (to you) show. Sort of like watching tv, nobody forces any of us to do anything that we do not wish to do.

GRRRRRR! Now I'm gonna have to see the show this October. :mad: I just hate to expose myself to such sights, but since it's part of the cruise that's been mentioned on CC, I won't be able to skip it now. :p

I have to say this is the funniest thread I have read on CC! My husband and I and relatives are on the Destiny late August. Sometimes I lose my husband on cruises.....I now know where he will be!

We spray the lifevest down with Lysol. It probably doesn't really help, but it's a mom thing. I spray everything down with Lysol. Heck, if those naked Carnival dancers look germy, I'd spray them too!

LOL, That made me chuckle:)

The worst germ carrier is the TV Remote...use Lysol wipes and really clean around the buttons, sides and back of the remote...you will be amazed at how dirty the cloths are. :eek:

Thanks for the tip. I use those wipes at home and work, but for some reason it has never occured to me to use them in the cabin or hotel room.

I'll be putting them in my luggage today.

My understanding is that they're trying to cut down on people taking way too much and then not eating it.

It really wasn't a problem for me - the server usually gave me four strips, which is fine for me (probably too much:rolleyes:)

- but I saw other people in line ask for more and it was served without a problem.

Carnival is actively addressing wastage issues on all fronts.

The photo op Midnight Buffet was identified for what it was

- a photo op that no one actually consumed.

And so it got cut. Well done Carnival. ;)

Likewise the ship-pins thing...that not a lot of people cared about.

Now I think their distribution is being limited to those who actively want and request the pins.

But there's much more to the wastage issue than just the first cost of the material not being consumed.

Cruise lines now find themselves under strict ISO regulations/measures regarding their waste disposal.

No more barrels of goop being hurled off the stern at three in the morning, oh no!

It costs a lot re. onboard waste-processing efforts to make-nice any and all stuff being pumped overboard 12 miles offshore

- and cutting down on wastage in the first place cuts down on both primary costs and on disposal costs.

Guess who gets to pay both those costs?

Carnival Corporation? You must be joking!

What do you think You The Paying Passenger are there for?

Your good looks?! :cool: reaallyy...:D

Carnival is actively addressing wastage issues on all fronts,

The photo op Midnight Buffet was identified for what it was

- a photo op that no one actually consumed.

And so it got cut. Well done Carnival. ;)

Likewise the ship-pins thing...that not a lot of people cared about.

Now I think their distribution is being limited to those who actively want and request the pins.

But there's much more to the wastage issue than just the first cost of the material not being consumed.

Cruise lines now find themselves under strict ISO regulations/measures regarding their waste disposal.

No more barrels of goop being hurled off the stern at three in the morning, oh no!

It costs a lot re. onboard waste-processing efforts to make-nice any and all stuff being pumped overboard 12 miles offshore

and cutting down on wastage in the first place cuts down on both primary costs and on disposal costs.

Guess who gets to pay both those costs?

Carnival Corporation? You must be joking!

What do you think You The Paying Passenger are there for?

Your good looks?! :cool: reaallyy...:D

Carnival may be cutting costs on clothing too. Perhaps that's why Ron witnessed naked dancers?

2234823250065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Or maybe they are trying a new way of attracting customers?

Thanks for the tip. I use those wipes at home and work, but for some reason it has never occured to me to use them in the cabin or hotel room.

Oh, man, I'm just the opposite! I don't mind my own families germs, so I never use them at home, but I always use them in hotels and my ship cabin.

And, yes, the TV remote is the worst culprit for germs. Even if I don't wipe down other surfaces, I ALWAYS wipe down the TV remote.

After wiping down the remote place it in a shower cap like the kind they give away at some hotels, makes a great sleave cover for those nasty remotes.

Archived