Nasty life vest, naked dancers and water spouts! Carnival Destiny May 28

After wiping down the remote place it in a shower cap like the kind they give away at some hotels,

makes a great sleeze cover for those nasty remotes.

You WHAT?!

How disgustingly dirty is Your World? :eek: --Mine's fairly OK, to be honest

and my immune system has handled remotes in my (five cruises worth of) cabins without incident!

I've survived to tell the tale, too! :D

Great review Ron....thanks for posting! Cruised Destiny in February and loved it.

Regarding those nasty scrambled eggs, I hate them too. I think they are powered. I always go to the omelet station and get fresh eggs, fried or scrambled, made to order....much more palatable. :)

Oh, man, I'm just the opposite! I don't mind my own families germs, so I never use them at home, but I always use them in hotels and my ship cabin.

And, yes, the TV remote is the worst culprit for germs. Even if I don't wipe down other surfaces, I ALWAYS wipe down the TV remote.

Am I like the only person in the world who doesn't worry about this sort of stuff? Not that I'm dirty -- I wash my hands often enough, use napkins, scrub down my desk if it's in need. But really? disinfecting the room? I dunno, maybe I just don't think about it and ignorance is bliss. :p

My Dh would say, "And the problem is?" :p

Keep it coming Ron!

Don't know how many times it has been stated, but if you get near the dancers, you will see they are wearing full coverage tights under their costumes... what appears to be flesh is actually lycra :D sorry to disappoint you guys...

Oh there is one thing I forgot.

For those of you interested in hand sanitizers' date=' Destiny has them in the Lido area.

I did run across one guy that kept tasting the food as he moved down the buffet line and licked his fingers each and every time. Can you guess which hand he licked and then used to pick up the tongs?

I always serve with one hand and eat with the other.[/quote']

YUCK!! That clinches it. Dining room only, for me!

Cruisin' Ron, Thank You for the GREAT review! It's always nice to hear about the good, the bad and the ugly. :) I am truly surprised that the MD didn't do something about your table mates, he wasn't doing his job IMHO of course you could add your waiters to that as they should have informed him about what was happening. :rolleyes: A few years back on the Conquest a young couple came to dinner the first night so drunk they could barely walk and in swimsuits! Good news they were at a table for two bad news it was in the middle of the floor and they fell into two booths before sitting down. They were loud and rude all during dinner. I have never seen people get served so fast and they were banned from the dinning room for the rest of the Cruise. So I'm sorry you had a bad experience this time around but as you know there's always a next time! And I agree with you about the shows if Carnival is pushing a family image than the shows should be for all ages. You can sail and sit with us anytime in my book manners are a plus along with good common sense! As for the bacon police IMHO it's a good thing. I like bacon but only want a couple of slices, can't tell you how many times I've gone to get Bacon only to find it all stuck together 6-7 slices and you can't seperate them with out holding up the line (and we all know what happens when you hold up the line :eek:) So if there's someone to help me out I'm thankful. And I can feel for you with the airline issues had something along that line happen to us in February on American sat on the tarmak in Dallas for two hours while they tried to "fix" the plane only to be towed back in sent to another gate (which of course was at the other end of the airport) sit for another hour and a half while they get a plane ready so we were delayed just over 4 hours. Oh they gave us a $5 food voucher for a snack to make us happy. LOL Thankfully we were going in a day ahead of time but the plane was full of passangers that were flying in day of and going on Trans Atlantic Cruises. When we got to Ft Lauderdale we found out that 5 ships were being held because of so many airline delays. We were due in at 1230 got in a 4pm! And with the new rules a ship can't sail for 90 minutes after the last passanger boards or something like that. So I think delays in sailing may become a normal thing which is really sad. Anyway may your next Cruise be better and Happy Sailing!

LorrieB, go for it! We're doing a B2B on her in February. Decided on the Destiny as her two 5 days have different port stops. And you can just about get two 5 days for the price of a 7 day. So if you have to fly in might as well Cruise as many days as possible, right?

Oh as for the guy tasting food and touching everthing at the Buffet I would have been looking for the nearest Crew Member and pointing it out. Last thing I want is to be sailing on a ship full of people with Noro. And yes I have done this in the past and Carnival has always been quick to pull the food items.

Am I like the only person in the world

who doesn't worry about this sort of stuff? ===> You are not alone, rest assured!

Not that I'm dirty -- I wash my hands often enough, use napkins,

scrub down my desk if it's in need. ===> You sound perfectly normal to me

But really? disinfecting the room?

I'm guessing that 98.7% of all red-blooded (non-gay) males reading this thread

are either laughing, chuckling

or shaking their heads in dismay(because their wives are also OCD?!) :D

A fair chunk of females reading this... are also wondering what's up these chicks' noses

with all the compulsive War Against Germs stuff...

You are NOT alone, trust me!

Germs are our friends.

No cheese without germs!

No yoghurt without germs.

No fun without germs.

Germs are our friends!

Oh as for the guy tasting food and touching everthing at the Buffet I would have been looking for the nearest Crew Member and pointing it out. Last thing I want is to be sailing on a ship full of people with Noro. And yes I have done this in the past and Carnival has always been quick to pull the food items.

Or I would have just said "Dude, that's freakin' nasty, were you raised by dung beetles?" and embarrassed him publically. He wouldn't do it again, I guarantee.

Great review and some great commentaries by others.

I'm just glad that I have an immune system and don't worry about germs and Lysol. Also glad that the dancers wouldn't have bothered us in the least.

I am bummed about the Bacon Gestapo due to liking my bacon crispy and I usually have to dig to find decent slices.

I'm also am taken aback by your table mates. Showing up plastered and wearing the swimsuits warranted being asked to leave in my opinion. Well, I couldn't really care less about the swimsuits I guess when it comes right down to it, I just don't like anyone being drunker than I am!!! lol

I kind of got the feeling a couple of the female dancers were trying extra hard to show their business on stage. My suspicion was confirmed the following night.

Low cut up tops and thongs showing ALL THE ASS. NO KIDDING!

AWWWW RON...i thought you meant male nudity:D...awwwwwww * scratching destiny off list*

Thanks for the tip. I use those wipes at home and work, but for some reason it has never occured to me to use them in the cabin or hotel room.

I'll be putting them in my luggage today.

I bring Lysol spray and spray handles, shower curtain, the bedding (now the remote).....and then we have the spray to use in the bathroom when needed....

OK we are not all germaholics! :eek: But while on vacation in what might be considered a closed enviroment a little extra caution is just common sense. :D After all I DO NOT want to get a nasty stomach bug and be confined to my cabin because of someone else who is well....a PIG. :o Come on how many times have you used a bathroom on the lido deck and seen some one walk out with out washing their hands and go directly to the buffet? :eek: And taking a minute at the begining of the Cruise to do a quick wipe of the things in your cabin that you just know the Stewart hasn't wiped down again OK with me. As I have no idea who was in there last. And yes I do this when I travel and stay in hotels too. Sorry folks but one of the cost cuts in the travel industry is in staff and housekeeping staff is high on that list. :( They are over worked, given more rooms/cabins than ever and have to do their job in a limited time frame. You do what your happy with and I'll do what I'm happy with but if you get sick and are confined to your cabin I will not feel bad at all!

I'm guessing that 98.7% of all red-blooded (non-gay) males reading this thread

are either laughing, chuckling

or shaking their heads in dismay(because their wives are also OCD?!) :D

A fair chunk of females reading this... are also wondering what's up these chicks' noses

with all the compulsive War Against Germs stuff...

You are NOT alone, trust me!

That would be me!LOL

there is a god
And he/she made them beautiful, taking his/her time to craft their alluring shape!

You got a problem with that?

You got a problem with that..I'm guessing.

CopaCabana.jpg

Copa2.jpg

Every one of us came out of beautifuil woman.

Why the Plymouth Rock hangups? It's the human body.

Nothing more exciting that that. Big deal.

:D Europeans laugh at y'all! :D

Three-corner hats anyone? :cool:

Archived