Crown Grill $25 Cover Charge Question

swdke

Sometimes on previous cruises when dining in the dining room, when I couldn't decide between two choices, the waitor would give me both. Does this work in the Crown Grill? If I can't decide between the Rib-Eye, or the Lobster, can I still get both in the Crown Grill, or are you limited to one menu item? Same question for the regular dining room, are you still permitted to sample a second menue item? Thanks.

You can have whatever you want and as much as you want!

It IS cruising after all!!! The diet always starts the day AFTER disembarkation! :D

Quit cussing. You are not allowed to use dirty four letter words here (d*et).

The $25 covers only a smaller lobster tail, it does not cover the larger lobster tail (12 ounce Brazillian) or the live Maine lobster. Those are an additional $9.

Anyway either way you can order as many as you wish of anything on the menu. :D

Do you tip the waitors, if so, how much?

A controversial question.

Service staff there are included in the tipping pool that you contribute to via the daily "hotel charge."

Tipping extra for great service is always appreciated.

We normally do not tip extra-on our last cruise our waiter told us that if you write in additional gratuity on the surcharge receipt (none of us had cash with us) that this amount goes in the "pool", not to him directly.

ps-if you like Onion Soup, don't miss the one in the Crown Grill!!

When we were at the Crown Grill DH couldn't decide between the steak and lamb so the waiter said to order one and he'd bring the other...and he did!! ;)

I concur on the onion soup...excellent!! :D

We normally do not tip extra-on our last cruise our waiter told us that if you write in additional gratuity on the surcharge receipt (none of us had cash with us) that this amount goes in the "pool", not to him directly.

ps-if you like Onion Soup, don't miss the one in the Crown Grill!!

It's funny how different the answers are. We had the same experience with a group of us on the Ruby who ate in the Crown Grill. We were all prepared to tip extra and our waiter told us to keep our money because they wouldn't see any of it. Sounded strange, but we weren't about to argue with him. I don't even recall seeing a place to add a gratuity when we signed for the dinner.

One of the reasons we love the Crown Grille is that the waiters are always eager to bring extra portions and extra choices, just so we can try them. Actually, several times we have ordered an extra "clam"course before our entrees---- mussels and littlenecks which are technically listed as entrees themselves but seem well suited as appetizers. Having the choice really makes the dinner seem extra special.

My waiter was pretty good on the Crown Grill - I asked for a few things that he had to go to the main dining room (salad dressing, etc..). When I went to sign for the bill - there was no place to tip him and I asked and I don't remember what I said but something like don't worry about it. I ended up going back to my cabin and I had a bunch of ones and grabbed them and it ended up being $7 so I gave them to him and he accepted them.

Archived