New Mahogany Bay Cruise Center dock in Roatan for Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

thinfool

I'm not certain about the Dream but I would think that once Carnival starts using it, all ships would use it......Victor would certainly know

007: It was like your own piece of heaven, I am jealous.

So is the new pier on the East side of the Island, is that near Tabyana Beach :confused:

I'm not certain about the Dream but I would think that once Carnival starts using it, all ships would use it......Victor would certainly know

007: It was like your own piece of heaven, I am jealous.

So is the new pier on the East side of the Island, is that near Tabyana Beach :confused:

I'm sure the entire island knows about this. There could be ships in both ports on any given day.

By the earth curvature, the new pier is on the east side but it is northeast of Coxen Hole, toward French Harbor. Tabyana Beach is on the east side of West End, southeast of Coxen Hole and the new pier . New pier is further away than current pier.

We are stooping at Roatan on the Crown Princess on November 10th and was wondering if anyone has heard if the new Carnival pier will be ready? If it isn;t ready I do know that we will have to tender in, but I'm not sure where on the island the tender take us.

We are stooping at Roatan on the Crown Princess on November 10th and was wondering if anyone has heard if the new Carnival pier will be ready? If it isn;t ready I do know that we will have to tender in, but I'm not sure where on the island the tender take us.

If the new pier isn't ready you will still be at the old pier in Coxen hole. You won't be tendering in Roatan.

I'm sure the entire island knows about this. There could be ships in both ports on any given day.

By the earth curvature, the new pier is on the east side but it is northeast of Coxen Hole, toward French Harbor. Tabyana Beach is on the east side of West End, southeast of Coxen Hole and the new pier . New pier is further away than current pier.

Actually, Tabyana Beach is in West Bay on the Western side of the island around the southern most point to the West.

Westend_Tabayana.gif

I am so confused. I tried to find more info about the first post.....that says that the Legend will be the first to be at Mahogany Bay on Nov. 19th. Firts off we are not going to be there on the 19th we will be there on the 20th. I hope everything gets worked out because we planned to go on one of Victor Bodden's and our confirmation states that they are unsure if Carnival will have a place for them at the port. This will really suck if we have to find something new to do!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Has anyone heard anything about this...anything new???

I am also interested in hearing the latest news on Mahogany Bay. I have tried searching for news on the internet and information is few and far between. I did see that Holland America is advertising their Roatan stop as being at the new port as of 2010. They call it Mahogany Bay, Honduras

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/PortDetail.action

I hope this means that Princess will also be docking at the new port since they are all under the Carnival Corp umbrella.

I am so confused. I tried to find more info about the first post.....that says that the Legend will be the first to be at Mahogany Bay on Nov. 19th. Firts off we are not going to be there on the 19th we will be there on the 20th. I hope everything gets worked out because we planned to go on one of Victor Bodden's and our confirmation states that they are unsure if Carnival will have a place for them at the port. This will really suck if we have to find something new to do!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Has anyone heard anything about this...anything new???

I am quite curious if Carnival won't "find a place" at the new dock for Victor Bodden because he wants to stay an independent business and not attached to Carnival. It would be a real shame if they use strong arm tactics to keep the best guide service in Roatan from doing business there.

This link is of a great presentation a few days ago. Shows pics of the beach area, ski lift etc. Looks great! Can't wait for my Crown Princess trips this December.

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/userfiles/files/MB%20October16,%20low%202009.pdf

Thanks for this. It looks a lot like Grand Turk and i think it was developed by the same company. Looks fantastic!

This is awesome news! We are also on the Crown 12/5 and are thrilled to hear of this new port being open. This beach sounds beautiful and if it's as cool as it sounds, we will spend the day there. Otherwise, I'm sure they have taxis and shuttles to go elsewhere. Looks like we better look at the map and figure out where that would be.

I am quite curious if Carnival won't "find a place" at the new dock for Victor Bodden because he wants to stay an independent business and not attached to Carnival. It would be a real shame if they use strong arm tactics to keep the best guide service in Roatan from doing business there.

If its like Costa Maya, Grand Turk, and any other terminal, I am sure that if worse comes to worse we will just have to exit the terminal and have private tour providers meet us outside the gate. Victor and others depend on cruisers so I am sure everything will work out.

Mahogany Beach sure looks like a beach we used to go to through Carnival, but it wasn't called that. It had a tiny nature preserve on the one side with nurse sharks and sea turtles.

It was called Coral Cay Resort....we were their 2 years ago and I thought that it looked familiar. I got my pictures out today to check and it is definitely the old Coral Cay. I wonder if they will keep the small fish preserve. I remember it being very nice.

Does anyone know when and if Carnival will post this as an excursion on their website?

Robin

Well, it may not be an excursion yet. Carnival doesn't start docking there for a couple of more weeks and it may just be a "free" beach with rentals and lift fees. So close to the pier, no real need to "excursion" it unless the kick on the food and rentals is hefty enough to support an excursion. Or if prices aren't enticing to the D-I-Yers so traffic is too low and they need to boost revs.

Archived