Everything Equinox!

SailAway78

Good catch Bonnie.icon14.gif It's a nice day here today. Just as well. It's been terrible weather here for most of the time they have been away.

Phil

I was lucky to see her as I thought Equinox would arrive early and then that webcam was updating too slowly just as she was sailing by.

Glad you had a nicer day, Phil All will be well on November 5th!!!

I am not very good at remembering details, so small changes in colours, decor etc. would not imprint on my mind, but I did love the room on the Solstice just before the Ensemble Lounge with the insects on the floor and the bird song and this was gone. Instead its a orange and yellow flower room, not any where as nice . I liked Michael's club decor better on the Solstice also.

The Fjords were stunning, and we had three hot sunny days, which was an unexpected, but welcome, surprise.

Welcome back, Jennie. That's too bad about the "Ant Room". Loved the changing sounds as the day progressed when we were on the Solstice Inaugural.

Did you enjoy the lifeboat drill without having to pick up your own life vest from your cabin? I have read that the new procedure will soon be introduced on all Celebrity ships.

Hi, Arno.

Oh, please tell us more about the new procdures!

It was nice to meet you in the library on Solstice. Please say hello to Joanne too.

Bonnie

Bonnie--You are great!! I LOVE your pics and updates. Thanks so much.

Your welcome, Diane. Thanks to everyone who has been sharing pictures, videos, first hand accounts, etc.

Here's the link for the webcam at the port in Le Havre:

http://oceanes.ville-lehavre.fr/Ville_en_images/Webcam.html

and of course the site to track our ship:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Rich and I will be at a get together tomorrow for the TA Roll Call members. It will be a great time supporting our cruise obsession!

Bonnie

Did you enjoy the lifeboat drill without having to pick up your own life vest from your cabin? I have read that the new procedure will soon be introduced on all Celebrity ships.

The lifeboat drill was fantastic ! I hated , with a passion ...[ especially if you ever sail from San Juan, P. Rico and have drill at about 10.30 :eek: ! ] doing all that lining up, standing there with that clumsy big orange thing and all those death trap dangley strings. Now you are directed to either the Dining room or somewhere similar, sit comfortably, with NO LIFE JACKET :cool:...listen to the info, watch the film, and then just leave. Same info...no stress. A big improvement.

The lifeboat drill was fantastic ! I hated , with a passion ...[ especially if you ever sail from San Juan, P. Rico and have drill at about 10.30 :eek: ! ] doing all that lining up, standing there with that clumsy big orange thing and all those death trap dangley strings. Now you are directed to either the Dining room or somewhere similar, sit comfortably, with NO LIFE JACKET :cool:...listen to the info, watch the film, and then just leave. Same info...no stress. A big improvement.

Practice makes perfect and i think this is a step back in safety.

JMHO

jj....

Rich and I will be at a get together tomorrow for the TA Roll Call members. It will be a great time supporting our cruise obsession!

Bonnie

Bonnie - Thanks for your pics and links you've been posting. The webcam in Le Havre is great!

Have fun at the get together. Let us know how it went.

Realistic practice makes perfect so unless you are doing it unannounced with emergency lighting and expecting you to turn up with the correct gear, medications etc the process was flawed and people did not give it 100% attention - sitting in the casno for example looking at the machines albeit switched off but a distraction. Now quietly sitting and watching a very clear film supplemented by short crew input I found it (on Equinox naming) to be both helpful and far less disruptive and think this is an excellent change

We just returned from the 31 July sailing of Equinox also. Great ship and cruise. The Muster drill was very nice, and a lot better than the "old way". The waffles weren't nearly as good as "M" class though.:rolleyes:

Dellas,

Glad to hear the WiFi worked well. I'll have my iTouch on the TA and I will take advantage of the WiFi minutes from the new Captain's Club perks.

From memory, the iTouch wont work on Equinox as its a Safari browser.

I'm glad to hear they aren't making us lug the life jackets around. I have seen more than one accident happen when the drill is over and people take the jackets off but don't secure the straps and trip over them as they drag them along back to their cabins. One lady fell down the stairs.:eek:

Garry

Inaugural/Maiden Voyage

Our lifeboat drill was a bit of a farce and made us all laugh.

We were in the Theatre and there were Lifeboat 'groups' each with a leader trying to shout over the others.

Then, when there was a supposed 'lull' in the speaker system from the bridge, in order for the leaders to introduce themselves, someone operating the system put music on and the leaders were then all forced to scream even louder!! We heard - not a thing!!

I do think that all first time cruisers should attend a special meeting to explain how to put on lifejackets and the dangers of fire and smoking on a ship. Also, what to do if they see a man overboard. In a real emergency, I would hope that everyone would rise to the occasion and assist those unable to put on the lifejackets.

Your welcome, Diane. Thanks to everyone who has been sharing pictures, videos, first hand accounts, etc.

and of course the site to track our ship:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Bonnie

Bonnie thanks for the link to the Le Havre website, I have been clicking on all day as my DS, DIL and 4 of my grandkids boarded yesterday!

Sue

Excuse me are we talking about a plane !!

jj.......

Graciously granted, of course you are excused. :D .

To help you if I can I will try to clarify the two post we wrote . I don't think you were talking about a plane, but I know I deffinatly was. As I understood it you were posting your view about the new style life drills not being safe as people did not actually personally practice them . So to help, no you were not talking about a plane.

Graciously granted, of course you are excused. :D .

To help you if I can I will try to clarify the two post we wrote . I don't think you were talking about a plane, but I know I deffinatly was. As I understood it you were posting your view about the new style life drills not being safe as people did not actually personally practice them . So to help, no you were not talking about a plane.

Thanks as i worked in this area i take safety on water 100% and my view everyone should be made wear a lifejacket once during the cruise - so awe'll agree to disagree.

jj....

Inaugural/Maiden Voyage

I do think that all first time cruisers should attend a special meeting to explain how to put on lifejackets and the dangers of fire and smoking on a ship. Also, what to do if they see a man overboard. In a real emergency, I would hope that everyone would rise to the occasion and assist those unable to put on the lifejackets.

My father-in-law has suggested I look out for violin players......then panic!!! :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell us if the bed is by the siding doors/balcony?? We want a room set up this way but they cannot seem to tell us at Celebrity if this room is configured this way or any room for that matter! Thanks for the help! :o

Can anyone tell us if the bed is by the siding doors/balcony?? We want a room set up this way but they cannot seem to tell us at Celebrity if this room is configured this way or any room for that matter! Thanks for the help! :o

go to this link and search for your cabin or another in same location on different floor or right next to yours.. its from the soltice but is the samr for the equinox

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Go look at the deck plan on the Celeb site. If it has a dark square for a room for four, the bed is by the bath.

We just returned from the 31 July sailing of Equinox also. Great ship and cruise. The Muster drill was very nice, and a lot better than the "old way". The waffles weren't nearly as good as "M" class though.:rolleyes:

Welcome back! So what needed to be improved for your waffles to meet "M" class standards?

Bonnie thanks for the link to the Le Havre website' date=' I have been clicking on all day as my DS, DIL and 4 of my grandkids boarded yesterday!

Sue

[/size']

Your welcome, Sue. I'm sure your family is having a great voyage.

Sorry I wasn't here to post sooner, but we were at the Equinox TA GTG. Great fun.

To Track Equinox en route to Vigo, Spain:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=249667000&zoom=10&olddate=8/12/2009%201:43:37%20AM

Webcam for Vigo:

http://www.crtvg.es/camweb/index.asp?id=26&mn=PON

Check out new pictures in CherBourg and Le Havre (love the night photo):

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=249667000

Enjoy!

Bonnie

Welcome back! So what needed to be improved for your waffles to meet "M" class standards?

Bonnie

They were overcooked, and set under a heat lamp. It took me a few days to train them to cook them how I like them. :)

Archived