Everything Equinox!

SailAway78

Here's another video of Equinox posted by morr_de:

Bonnie

Bonnie,

That video was the final straw....:(. Now I don't know how on earth I will be able to make it to November....:eek:. I guess I shall just have to watch it every day to get my "fix" :D.

going on my first cruise EVAAAAHHH from Rome on 8/18. planning to bring my mac laptop and downloaded firefox browser. are there wi-fi hotspots around the ship? can i access it in my room (sunrise deck)? any info is greatly appreciated. would like to post pics on facebook throughout the cruise.

I belive you can wi-fi in your cabin and around ship i.e Libaray etc you have to buy a time package for your usage.

RICH.............................

Bonnie,

That video was the final straw....:(. Now I don't know how on earth I will be able to make it to November....:eek:. I guess I shall just have to watch it every day to get my "fix" :D.

Sherry,

I know what you mean! I think I am more obsessed; I just want to pack!!!

Just saw Monica's updated list for Sunday. Rich and I are so glad we are going to see you and Pat at the Equinox inaugural TA get together. Can't wait for that either and it's only a few days from now.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie, my impression of Equinox is the same as I had of Solstice.... WOW. The difference in decor is in the carpets and funiture they are bolder and with more colour. The overall colour scheme has a warmer tone to it, but in a different way to Sol.

The artwork around the ship I liked it is bright and very colourful.Most of this was taken off the Galaxy before she was transfered to TUI in Germany. Each print or painting is labelled as such which is nice as Galaxy was one of my favourite ships.

The tree "vase" is amazing studded with coloured crystals and no disrespect, but nobodys photos do it justice. There is also the words HERE COMES THE SUN in Large letters also made of colured crystals on each floor of the attrium.

The libary on D10 is full of colour and eye catching when riding the elevator.

The martini bar has more blue/grey tone rather than the "clinical" white/stainless steel look.

These are my observations on my 3 day very emotional naming ceromony cruise it will remain with me always.

Any more info will gladly provide, my parents are on board now so I can ask specific ??? for you all :).

RICH.......................................................

Rich,

I was wondering if the "ant room" (the small passageway as you enter Ensemble Lounge) was decorated the same as Solstice? It was cool to notice the sounds changed depending what time of day you walked through. Birds chirping in the morning, crickets at night, etc.

Bonnie

That's too bad - I would have really liked to see them again. There was another excellent bartender on the Constellation and Century - his name was Putu. I wonder where he is.

The talented Putu was with us on the Millie from Auckland to Vancouver in April (just before her refit in Victoria). Not sure if he is still there. The pictures and videos have been wonderful - can't wait!

Love the vids and the new pics:cool:

Bonnie, there should be a webcam that gives a view of Oslo tomorrow. I will leave it in your capable hands;) I was just looking at the ship track and noticed that "Mein Schiff", ex-Celebrity Galaxy is just behind Equinox and heading to Oslo too. Might get a shot of them together.

Phil

Phil,

I'm on it, Phil, and I hope you and others will check too.

I noticed Mein Schiff throughout the day when I checked Equinox's track. I didn't realize it was our former Galaxy. I took a Scandinavia-Russia cruise with my dad in 2001. Another one Rich missed so I have to suffer and repeat on the Eclipse inaugural. LOL! (Click Mein Schiff's icon to see 47 pictures of it and Galaxy.)

If anyone wants to follow the track see: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100 and the webcam map:http://www.webcamsinnorway.com/map/

I think we may see Equinox here first:

http://www.steilene.nortek.no/?view=webcam

Bonnie

Sherry,

I know what you mean! I think I am more obsessed; I just want to pack!!!

Obsession is not so bad. I really enjoying watching Equinox on all the webcams, but at the same time I have the weird feeling of "stalking" her. :D

Just saw Monica's updated list for Sunday. Rich and I are so glad we are going to see you and Pat at the Equinox inaugural TA get together. Can't wait for that either and it's only a few days from now.

Bonnie

Yes, we are glad we will be able to make it too, since life has been pretty interesting lately, and being sick for a month didn't help matters either. :)

Thanks Bonnie:cool: Here's one as she was just arriving in Oslo:

2583024500054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

"Mein Schiff" is out of view:(

Phil

Great shot, Phil.

I did see all the ships pass by the Stilene webcam early this morning, but it was too overcast for a good picture.

Equinox is out of range on the marine traffic site again but Mein Schiff is there. Here's a new picture of her sailing into Oslo so when Equinox is back in range hopefully we will see one of her in Oslo too.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=249051000#top_photo

Bonnie

Equinox is in the English Channel. You can track her:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100

to see her sail by the Southampton webcam:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/webcams.htm

See a new photo taken in Norway yesterday:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=249667000#top_photo

Bonnie

We're also going to be on the Equinox for the October 23rd departure from Rome. We just got upgraded to the AquaClass, but I can't find out what's so special about it (except the cost and the perception of "more"). I can't find any information about the "Blu" Dining Room. Do you have any hints about this?

Thanks -- looking forward to meeting you.

We're also going to be on the Equinox for the October 23rd departure from Rome. We just got upgraded to the AquaClass, but I can't find out what's so special about it (except the cost and the perception of "more").

From the Celebrity website: AquaClass Indulgences

Welcome champagne, daily fruit selection, fresh cut flowers, daily h'ors doeuvres, Unlimited access to the AquaSpa relaxation room and the Persian Garden, Complimentary daily bottled water and iced tea, Special programming and wellness classes, Menu of pillows-Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®, Duvets and pillow-top mattresses, Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag, Frette bathrobes, Hansgrohe® showerhead, VIP invitations to events, Early embarkation and debarkation, Dining and seating preference, Preference on shore excursions, Express luggage delivery, Shoeshine service.

Just home a few hours ago from the Equinox 's recent sail to the Norwegian Fjords. [ Two hours later than it should have been as one hour away from the port we had a mobile phone call to say " You have taken our luggage and could we have it back !" :eek: A very kind, understanding and patient couple back at the port, duly retrieved their identical new suitcases to ours] . :o

Any questions, ask ....and I will do my best to answer.

How exciting to have the first cruisers back from the ship :) How do you think Equinox compares to Solstice? I know they are basically the same but with very different decor in places...

Hope you enjoyed Norway!

I am not very good at remembering details, so small changes in colours, decor etc. would not imprint on my mind, but I did love the room on the Solstice just before the Ensemble Lounge with the insects on the floor and the bird song and this was gone. Instead its a orange and yellow flower room, not any where as nice . I liked Michael's club decor better on the Solstice also.

The Fjords were stunning, and we had three hot sunny days, which was an unexpected, but welcome, surprise.

Archived