Move over offer

Poulsbo Cruisers

We are booked on a cruise leaving next Tuesday from Copenhagen. We just received this offer from Princess and I'm trying to figure it out.

And receive:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)

* Next Meta Upgrade (Inside to Balcony OR Balcony to Mini-suite)

* Air change fees up to $300.00 per person

* Princess air program will be protected

Does this mean our cruise would be free?

We are booked on a cruise leaving next Tuesday from Copenhagen. We just received this offer from Princess and I'm trying to figure it out.

And receive:

Yes.

They want you to move over to another cruise (future) and give up the one next week. The way I see it.

There is a part missing from your explanation. Did they offer you the length of cruise you can pick?

Yes free.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Can someone explain to me what "as refundable onboard credit" means? Are you not getting your money back except as onboard credit? If so what happens if you don't spend it all while on the next cruise?

Can someone explain to me what "as refundable onboard credit" means? Are you not getting your money back except as onboard credit? If so what happens if you don't spend it all while on the next cruise?

Its refundable, you get the unused credit back in cash at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I'm assuming since it says refundable OBC, whatever you don't spend is refunded at the end of the cruise.

We had an inside 10 day to Alaska

Wanted our cabin..

Called us 4 pm the night before we were to

leave. We took it.

Gave us a fifteen day to Hawaii

Penthouse for free..

Got our money as refundable OBC

What we didn't spend got back in

cash the last night.

We had friends going with us gave them the

same deal.

So take it. That way your tips are paid, anything

you want to do is paid from your OBC.

Only happens once.

Get two cruises for price of one..and second one

you get free cost more than your first. It's a WIN WIN!

I'm assuming since it says refundable OBC, whatever you don't spend is refunded at the end of the cruise.

Do you know if other OBCs you may be eligible to receive are also available?

That can be a substantial amount & up to $500 by combining military & shareholder OBC.

And receive:

Still a HUGE piece of information missing:

Is Princess moving you over to a later sailing of the same cruise and giving you all of the above incentive as reward--or just offering all this for you to cancel and rebook another sailing wherever you prefer in the future?

Because if it is the latter the offer should include more that just an even swap of cruises plus the OBC and change fees. Check out this other thread for what that person's received for her moveover offer:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46941238&postcount=1

EDIT---OK I see in post #4 you are taking the same itinerary. Were you offered a choice of dates or only the one Princess chose for you?

Edited by fishywood

Do you know if other OBCs you may be eligible to receive are also available?

That can be a substantial amount & up to $500 by combining military & shareholder OBC.

Military and Shareholder OBC are combinable with everything except the really limited deals (interline, travel agent, employee, etc.), so they should still be eligible for those.

They won't get any other OBC or perks that they have now as a result of a promotion, I'd guess.

The problem for us with Move over Offers [if we ever got one] is that time off work is somewhat difficult.

SHE is a school teacher so outside school holidays needs a lot of arrangement. I am governed by my diary which is at times full for almost a year, it makes t very difficult.

In theory it sounds great, but we just don't know when we will next be able to have time off, and then what do we do with the time off that was for the cruise, it becomes time that I could be making money that probably ends up being spent sitting around at home.

Now when we have more flexibility bring it on. I have heard of some getting great offers.

Military and Shareholder OBC are combinable with everything except the really limited deals (interline, travel agent, employee, etc.), so they should still be eligible for those.

They won't get any other OBC or perks that they have now as a result of a promotion, I'd guess.

They are usually combinable but neither of us know if a move over offer is defined as a "really limited deal" and thus my question to the OP.

A free cruise for a move over deal could be one of those situations & hopefully the OP can definitively answer my question.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We could pick any date we wanted.

Never said there was a time limit but we

made our new cruise about 3 months later.

It had to be from the port we were leaving from. (I think)

Alright for us it's the port we wanted.

So couldn't use to go Europe unless your 1st cruise

was to Europe. But we changed ours from Alaska to Hawaii, was fine.

What they usually do is call people closer to the port that don't have

to fly. Like said called day before late..they wanted to fill the ship. Needed

five cabins (they over sold) they started giving mini suites then suites,

got to us the Penthouse aft. and gave one to friends. So there was two gone

three to go and almost 5 pm. She first started with suite then I was saying I don't know

then the offer of the Penthouse..they wanted our cabins. No brainer we said YES!

(they didn't know could of got us at a mini suite..LOL)

Once in a lifetime offer can't see it happening again but I can wish. We enjoyed

the penthouse and all the perks and didn't have to pay the price.

Edited by Belle

The fare refund will go into your onboard account when you re-book. You will use it to cover gratuities, drinks, excursions, etc. If your charges to the account are less than the credit, they will refund the remainder.

Just got the same offer for my cruise that is a week away. Offered meta upgrade on the same cruise with September and October dates. Sweet deal if only Work wasn't standing in the way.

Just got the same offer for my cruise that is a week away. Offered meta upgrade on the same cruise with September and October dates. Sweet deal if only Work wasn't standing in the way.

Work is a terrible way to spend one's time. I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to retirement at the end of next year. 18 months away and it seems like such a long time to wait but we are hoping that, once I finally do retire, we will be able to take advantage of last minute deals. We certainly won't expect to ever get a move over offer but it would be nice to be able to seriously consider one if it was miraculously offered.

Work is a terrible way to spend one's time. I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to retirement at the end of next year. 18 months away and it seems like such a long time to wait but we are hoping that, once I finally do retire, we will be able to take advantage of last minute deals. We certainly won't expect to ever get a move over offer but it would be nice to be able to seriously consider one if it was miraculously offered.

Work got in my way too, but no more since being retired January 2015. Hopefully will be offered this type of deal in the future.

I am officially intrigued. What is the reason behind what appears to be such a generous offer. Why does Princess need that cabin so desperately that such an extravagant 'bribe' is required?

I am officially intrigued. What is the reason behind what appears to be such a generous offer. Why does Princess need that cabin so desperately that such an extravagant 'bribe' is required?

They sold to many cabins.

How?

The same way airlines do.

They know a % will cancel when the number is lower than expected they have a problem.