Does Oasis seem dated?

Just when you think you've read the latest new bizarre thread...another new one gets started. :eek:

But this one is at least entertaining. :D

Thanks for the valuable contribution. Sorry you find the discussion that you chose to partake in so bizarre. :rolleyes:

I know I shouldn't have waited five years before I booked Oasis! Now I have to go on her when she is worn, tired and outdated! Dang! :rolleyes:

How did you come up with such a hilarious and original contribution to this thread? :D

Why don't you people back off. Sometimes CC people forget what it's like to ask a question. Sarcasim is not always necessary.

Thank you. I get having a little friendly fun, but the same contrived joke over and over is useless.

I still think the question was valid and that was proven by the differing answers received.

Thanks all!

Thank you. I get having a little friendly fun, but the same contrived joke over and over is useless.

I still think the question was valid and that was proven by the differing answers received.

Thanks all!

The ship is fine...not sure why anyone would think differently. It just underwent a dry dock in 2014. Ships all have some level of 'wear and tear", but Royal Caribbean is among those who take better than average care and maintenance of their ships.

We were on Adventure of the Seas in April...it is due for its 5 year drydock this month...and was still in very good condition on our cruise (all over the ship).

All the Oasis class ships are terrific, and offer many more things onboard than most other ships. Enjoy.

We will probably be in the minority, but we did not have the greatest fun on the Oasis compared to the Allure.

Now yea it was starting to show its age and we sailed after the dry dock.

But, the crew -----well, they do not compare to the friendliness as those that work on the Allure.

It is what we observed, but hope others had better experiences.

Just saying.

Safe travels.

This was actually my experience too across 3 Oasis sailings...

We were on the ship twice pre-refub and once post-refub, and the ship was beautiful and in excellent shape all three times. Absolutely nothing to worry about there. With the exception of our dining staff, which were outstanding all three times, I found the rest of the crew on Oasis to be less motivated, less attentive to detail, and less friendly.

That said, still enjoyed all three cruises on an amazing ship -- and I will note that the first time on an Oasis Class ship is truly breathtaking. Have a great time!

Scott,

I think you ask a very reasonable question and I don't understand why there are so many snarky responses. As you can see I have been on CC for quite a few years and really don't post much, but we do cruise a lot.

We will be going on Oasis again in January and this is the 3rd time on her. We have been on once after the referb and found it to be great. We are very excited that it will be ported at Port Canaveral since that is so close to our home.

Let me apologize for those that know everything and try and put persons down, this almost seems as if it is getting out of hand. We have sailed on various lines and we are now over 60 cruises. I still have questions and I truly thought yours was very good.

As for the suggestion you should sail Majesty, I will tell you we sailed her in September and it was a good cruise, but not one that we will do again. There is NO comparison to Oasis and Majesty and that was a bit of a put down reply.

I really don't care how many of the regular posters flame me because I am getting tired of reading all the negative responses, and when I see its just snarky, I skip over it so I may have missed some on this thread. Again, I think you will truly enjoy Oasis and by the way our least favorite one so far was the Quantum.

BLAST AWAY FOLKS!

Edited by venicia

Scott,

I think you ask a very reasonable question and I don't understand why there are so many snarky responses. As you can see I have been on CC for quite a few years and really don't post much, but we do cruise a lot.

I really don't care how many of the regular posters flame me because I am getting tired of reading all the negative responses, and when I see its just snarky, I skip over it so I may have missed some on this thread. Again, I think you will truly enjoy Oasis and by the way our least favorite one so far was the Quantum.

Good post and points.

I suspect part of what drives the "long timers" to get snarky at times is the growing trend in repetitive new posts whereby no effort whatsoever was made to search and/or research things in lieu of expecting a quick and thorough answer. I've literally seen new posts on a topic where there are dozens of existing posts/threads providing the answers - but requiring perhaps 1 minute to do a basic word search.

Help is admirable, available, and commendable, while expectations found in instant gratification posts are sometimes met with sarcasm (but really shouldn't be).

As we know, there is an abundance of information here, and numerous diligent posters who provide excellent help and information. Kudos to those folks.

Good post and points.

I suspect part of what drives the "long timers" to get snarky at times is the growing trend in repetitive new posts whereby no effort whatsoever was made to search and/or research things in lieu of expecting a quick and thorough answer. I've literally seen new posts on a topic where there are dozens of existing posts/threads providing the answers - but requiring perhaps 1 minute to do a basic word search.

Help is admirable, available, and commendable, while expectations found in instant gratification posts are sometimes met with sarcasm (but really shouldn't be).

As we know, there is an abundance of information here, and numerous diligent posters who provide excellent help and information. Kudos to those folks.

The actual question was found in the last sentence. And i quote.

Does she still seem like a modern ship? :confused::confused::confused:

The fact that the most prolific, factual and least snarky poster on this board blew off the question speaks volumes of the absurdity of the question.

And he actually jumped on twice. ;)

That is all.

Edited by John&LaLa

I hear Harmony's carpets are already worn through! :rolleyes:

Being part serious....I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't think it is built to anywhere near the same quality as Allure. I prefer Harmony as the is a bit more BUT i don't think it will age well.

The was already minor damage on solarium roof and the carousel needed a good oil. The whole Boardwalk didn't feel quite right...felt cheap

Give it 5 years and I suspect Allure will feel the newer ship(suspect Oasis will feel the same)

The fact that the most prolific, factual and least snarky poster on this board blew off the question speaks volumes of the absurdity of the question.

I've been a Cruise Critic member for a long time and lurk a lot but don't post often, as is reflected in my post count. I also have a lot of cruises ( 35+ ) on my resume.

Unfortunately when I see comments, like the ones mentioned above, from members whom I've always seen as very helpful and useful sources of information, post the way they have here, it makes me lose a lot of the respect for them.

Actually I was very shocked and sad to see those posts. I had thought so highly of some of those members in the past. :(

I think you guys may be being sensitive about many of what you're calling "snarky" comments. You may be choosing to read them with a mean tone in your head when really they were just being sarcastic in a laughing way because Oasis is considered one of the biggest, best and newest ships in the fleet so it was kind of a funny question. I don't think it's fair to say you've lost respect for certain people simply because they made a majesty joke [emoji57] Some people are just extremely sensitive and therefore quick to jump on the worst case scenario because they're kind of looking for people to be snarky and rude and therefore take everything as being rude even if it was said in jest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you guys may be being sensitive about many of what you're calling "snarky" comments. You may be choosing to read them with a mean tone in your head when really they were just being sarcastic in a laughing way because Oasis is considered one of the biggest, best and newest ships in the fleet so it was kind of a funny question. I don't think it's fair to say you've lost respect for certain people simply because they made a majesty joke [emoji57] Some people are just extremely sensitive and therefore quick to jump on the worst case scenario because they're kind of looking for people to be snarky and rude and therefore take everything as being rude even if it was said in jest.

Well said. :D

Isn't fun still allowed?

Carry on

This isn't rude, "...speaks volumes of the absurdity of the question"?

Come on. If someone asked you a question in person, would you tell them that their question is absurd? I highly doubt it.

I really don't need to defend myself nor my question. The facts are the facts. The ship is eight years old, has seen millions of people go through it and the "feel" of the ship is not something you can really search for. Pictures don't always tell the full story. If people get enjoyment off of making rude comments to strangers, it really doesn't impact me at all, so have at it. Just realize that you'll get called out for it. Carry on with the "fun"!

Edited by Scott2.0

This isn't rude, "...speaks volumes of the absurdity of the question"?

Come on. If someone asked you a question in person, would you tell them that their question is absurd? I highly doubt it.

I really don't need to defend myself nor my question. The facts are the facts. The ship is eight years old, has seen millions of people go through it and the "feel" of the ship is not something you can really search for. Pictures don't always tell the full story. If people get enjoyment off of making rude comments to strangers, it really doesn't impact me at all, so have at it. Just realize that you'll get called out for it. Carry on with the "fun"!

I would say, to your face, "you've got to be kidding" that isn't rude, or is it? ;)

It was a silly question, absurd may have been a little much. Sorry.

I mean, criticize CATS, the food, the crew, the lack of outward views, etc.....

But asking if the ship is modern? come on.

Edited by John&LaLa
added an emoji for effect, but not the sarcasm one

i'm really excited about a possible first rccl sailing. I'm wondering if the decor and/or condition of oasis is starting to show her age? I realize she's not an old ship by any means but i can't find much info on her dry-dock improvements so i'm under the impression that she's mostly original. Am i wrong? Does she still seem like a modern ship?

Thanks!

#1 no

#2 yes

#3 yes

Well said. :D

Isn't fun still allowed?

Carry on

Okay, as you are probably fully aware, I usually skip your posts as they are typically snarky or sarcastic, but I am answering this comment. You might actually skip my posts too, so that works too. No harm, no foul.:) Some days, it is very difficult to get a question answered around here without the sarcastic comments or pictures jumping in first, and I don't mean just yours. You are far from the only one who does it, I have at times too.

Sometimes, people just want an answer to their question, whether or not we feel it is a "valid" question or not. Too often now, that doesn't happen and it becomes what this thread has.

Yes, fun is allowed, but we all need to give new posters and infrequent posters a break.

I now expect my stalker to post. This should be interesting.:rolleyes:

Oh, and to answer the OP, no, I did not feel Oasis was dated. We sailed Oasis in May and loved it. We had a maintenance issue with our cabin, but the cruise line did its best to fix the issue.

Unfortunately when I see comments, like the ones mentioned above, from members whom I've always seen as very helpful and useful sources of information, post the way they have here, it makes me lose a lot of the respect for them.

People come here for information (well I would hope so anyway) and for that, there's really no other one person to go to overall, respect or not.

Biker, who sees the lighthearted nature in which most comments are made here.

The facts are the facts. The ship is eight years old, has seen millions of people go through it and the "feel" of the ship is not something you can really search for. Pictures don't always tell the full story.

Again, would you ask this about an 8 year old 737 you fly on? That is why people post snarky comments.

Okay, as you are probably fully aware, I usually skip your posts as they are typically snarky or sarcastic, but I am answering this comment. You might actually skip my posts too, so that works too. No harm, no foul.:) Some days, it is very difficult to get a question answered around here without the sarcastic comments or pictures jumping in first, and I don't mean just yours. You are far from the only one who does it, I have at times too.

Sometimes, people just want an answer to their question, whether or not we feel it is a "valid" question or not. Too often now, that doesn't happen and it becomes what this thread has.

Yes, fun is allowed, but we all need to give new posters and infrequent posters a break.

I now expect my stalker to post. This should be interesting.:rolleyes:

Oh, and to answer the OP, no, I did not feel Oasis was dated. We sailed Oasis in May and loved it. We had a maintenance issue with our cabin, but the cruise line did its best to fix the issue.

I had no idea you skipped my posts, that makes Bella sad.

I never skip any individuals posts of block people. I'd miss all the fun.

Can't wait to find out who your stalker is.