Does Oasis seem dated?

Yes, fun is allowed, but we all need to give new posters and infrequent posters a break.

So when someone asks why the blue hue of the hull of the ship seems wrong, what do you say?

Biker, who believes the OP's question is borderline ridiculous (perhaps because of the general nature of it) to long time posters/cruisers and other posters should understand that when snarky comments are posted in reply.

Edited by Biker19

I had no idea you skipped my posts, that makes Bella sad.

I never skip any individuals posts of block people. I'd miss all the fun.

Can't wait to find out who your stalker is.

Thank you for taking my post as I intended it, it was not meant as an attack. I skip a bunch of people these days, though I do not block anyone either. I skip those that just say the same that others have said or edit their posts to correct them to say what others have already said, since what they said was off base to begin with.

I guess I need to read these threads differently and see if I can find the fun too. Most that I have read lately are just the opposite.

I am happy that Bella made it through Matthew safely.:)

I think I'm done. Enjoy the Oasis, come visit me in Fall 2017. :D

6f99c5393c94c691f18335b09156ff85.jpg

Oasis of the Seas

5/14/2017

9/3/2017 - 9/10/2017 - 9/17/2017 - 9/24/2017

10/8/2017 - 10/15/2017 - 10/22/2017 - 10/29/2017 - 11/5/2017 - 11/12/2017

12/3/2017 - 12/10/2017

Again, would you ask this about an 8 year old 737 you fly on? That is why people post snarky comments.

The plane that I'm spending several hours on? Of course not. The hotel that I'll be in and out of for an extended period of time? Heck yes. The ship that I'll be living on for 7+ days? You see the point.

Poor analogy, sorry.

As I mentioned, if "dated" is a consideration in your choosing a ship (hotel, or any other place) then simply choose Harmony.

I'd rather sail in a dated ship than fly in a dated plane. ;)

Apologies for coming back.

I think I'm done. Enjoy the Oasis, come visit me in Fall 2017. :D

6f99c5393c94c691f18335b09156ff85.jpg

Oasis of the Seas

5/14/2017

9/3/2017 - 9/10/2017 - 9/17/2017 - 9/24/2017

10/8/2017 - 10/15/2017 - 10/22/2017 - 10/29/2017 - 11/5/2017 - 11/12/2017

12/3/2017 - 12/10/2017

I wasn't pointing out you in particular. I really enjoyed keeping up with you and your little family during the Hurricane updates. In fact, I don't really remember any of your posts as being snarky anywhere... but of course maybe I just didn't connect them :p

You can join me on the November 5th sailing on the Oasis if you like. The first one out of Port Canaveral. I'm looking forward to it greatly and it's not even my first time on the Oasis;)

EDITED to add: I can be snarky with the best of them but I can usually force myself not to push delete instead of enter! LOL!

Edited by MrsK

I wasn't pointing out you in particular. I really enjoyed keeping up with you and your little family during the Hurricane updates. In fact, I don't really remember any of your posts as being snarky anywhere... but of course maybe I just didn't connect them :p

You can join me on the November 5th sailing on the Oasis if you like. The first one out of Port Canaveral. I'm looking forward to it greatly and it's not even my first time on the Oasis;)

EDITED to add: I can be snarky with the best of them but I can usually force myself not to push delete instead of enter! LOL!

Love to, but Laura is on Jewel pretty much the whole month of November. That first sailing has me a little nervous, I think I'd prefer to wait until she gets a couple voyages under her belt. I think we are going to be a little overwhelmed the first couple of sailings. But I'm sure the kinks will work out quickly. Happy sailing. :)

Oh, and sometimes I type faster than I think.

We've been on Oasis 3 times and Yes, this last time just a few weeks ago, i did notice that she is seeing some wear and tear. The shower in our cabin backed up about 3 inches after every shower. The beds are definitely less comfortable than the 1st and 2nd time we were on her.

Aside from that, the crew works tirelessly to keep up with painting and cleaning, etc.

We are looking forward to sailing on Allure next year as we always have a great cruise no matter what ship we sail on.

As someone who hadn't been on Oasis, and who found the OP's question interesting, thank you for a sincere answer.

To the peanut gallery: you guys are why the Internet sucks now. It's possible to be funny online without driving people away for the crime of asking questions you don't feel equipped to answer.

Bell is displeased.

ede4d41afd2167874b4187c69787e845.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That makes two of us--I don't think I've run across your posts much before, but enjoyed your recent thread about your Carnival experiences, and you deflected a lot of attacks very deftly there. I'm surprised to discover you're part of the "Your question is stupid, go away" clique.

That first sailing has me a little nervous, I think I'd prefer to wait until she gets a couple voyages under her belt. I think we are going to be a little overwhelmed the first couple of sailings. But I'm sure the kinks will work out quickly. Happy sailing. :)

I didn't realize it was the first sailing for a "new" port when I booked it. So I'm wondering how it will go too.

I'll be sure to come back and let everyone know how it went.

....To the question of the original poster..... We were on the Oasis about this time last year. It was a great ship and we really enjoyed it. I think that you will find that it is a beautiful ship that is well maintained. Enjoy your cruise.

Someone who IS well respected and ALWAYS gives excellent advice has been put through the wringer for what? Having a bad day??

Cruise Critic has always been like "family" to me and we are all here to help each other as family, even with a crazy Aunt or Uncle as every family has.

Everyone can't be perfect, or on their A game 24/7. To everyone who only posts occasionally, there are no silly questions....to the OP you posted at the wrong time without knowing. There are many inside jokes, posters who have to trump everything you say, posters who think they know it all.

I feel bad about what happened, but it was not the norm. Let's have some honest fun and put a smile on Bella's cute face!!:)

I didn't realize it was the first sailing for a "new" port when I booked it. So I'm wondering how it will go too.

I'll be sure to come back and let everyone know how it went.

....To the question of the original poster..... We were on the Oasis about this time last year. It was a great ship and we really enjoyed it. I think that you will find that it is a beautiful ship that is well maintained. Enjoy your cruise.

Not so much a new port, T1 is a fantastic operation. But she has been doing 3500 passengers, not 5500. Also Epic shows up around same time. Taxis and shuttles will be stressed to the max.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I'm really excited about a possible first RCCL sailing. I'm wondering if the decor and/or condition of Oasis is starting to show her age? I realize she's not an old ship by any means but I can't find much info on her dry-dock improvements so I'm under the impression that she's mostly original. Am I wrong? Does she still seem like a modern ship?

Thanks!

In the spirit of this website...here's another attempted response.

The Oasis class ships from Royal Caribbean are unlike any vessel you can sail from other cruise lines. Special "zones" such as Central Park and Boardwalk are Royal Caribbean unique.

These ships have numerous modern amenities, dining options, onboard entertainment, unique activities such as the Flowrider and Zipline, and more. Despite housing more than 6,000 passengers when at capacity, navigating the large spaces onboard is easy.

Royal Caribbean has a reputation of being well maintained. Ships undergo "refurbishment" on a schedule every several years - Oasis last was completed with this process in 2014.

Please note that a simple "Google search" for Oasis refurbishment renders extensive information about the 2014 effort.

Enjoy.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

What does the number of cruises I've been on have anything to do with anything? Most of my travel is done via airplanes. The age of the ship doesn't matter at all. I was simply asking if it seems dated in terms of decor and whether or not it shows its age. Seems like a fair question. Did I touch a nerve?

Some older ships tend to look gaudy and feel outdated. It's not really something that can be relayed through pictures so I was wondering if it feels like a modern ship or not. I didn't mean to offend.

You could have saved the snark and just moved on if you didn't have any value to add. But thanks...

Regarding the first comment above, understand that poster is unfortunately well known for posting useless comments that bring little value.

The second, frankly, was probably a joke, meant to encourage to sail on other lines/ships so RCCL will lower prices to fill up the ships. I doubt very much this one was anything other than an attempt at humor.... some times you hit a home run, some times you whiff. :D

I agree, I'd avoid it at all costs!

Yup, that is why we are getting her here in PC...we get all the "hand me

downs". ;) Will miss Freedom, but have Oasis booked for two go rounds

already.

But actually...we have never had a brand new ship start her adventures

here first, that I know of.

Edited by island lady

Regarding the first comment above, understand that poster is unfortunately well known for posting useless comments that bring little value.

The second, frankly, was probably a joke, meant to encourage to sail on other lines/ships so RCCL will lower prices to fill up the ships. I doubt very much this one was anything other than an attempt at humor.... some times you hit a home run, some times you whiff. :D

I suspect this was more of a "tell me what you know" expedition for information.

This thread/post just surfaced the past few days...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51272631&postcount=1

Sounds like an indecisive attempt for a potential cruise.

There is such a wealth of information here on Cruise Critic. So much good, helpful information could be shared by those who are experienced cruisers.

In the time it took for some to compose useless responses, the OP’s questions could have been answered respectfully and politely.

I suspect this was more of a "tell me what you know" expedition for information.

This thread/post just surfaced the past few days...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51272631&postcount=1

Sounds like an indecisive attempt for a potential cruise.

Good sleuthing! Indecisive is right. It's tough to find a good mix between fun, luxury and value so I branched out beyond my two original thoughts.

Not sure what you were trying to get at by pointing out another thread of mine, but your post reeks of passive aggression. Apologies if you didn't intend for it to come off that way but I don't see your point.

Scott 2.0, welcome to the Royal Caribbean board! You can usually find some really helpful information here. I get where you are coming from for sure. It is like the I phone, things change so quickly that the new one just bought will be obsolete next month. However, this Oasis class is so innovative and beautiful that I have to believe you will still be blown away by her. Make sure you go online and book as much as you can of shows that are really important to you before you board. It beats standing in line on board. It is amazing how quickly ships need to be refurbished but they serve thousands of people every week with no time off. I feel like Royal does an incredible job of keeping up with the wear and tear. Will you see some rust? Maybe. Will it affect your cruise? Please don't let it. You will be so busy you won't even care. It is a ship and gets used hard but handles it very well. Please enjoy every minute. We have done this class 3 times and there are still things that surprise us.

Scott 2.0, welcome to the Royal Caribbean board! You can usually find some really helpful information here. I get where you are coming from for sure. It is like the I phone, things change so quickly that the new one just bought will be obsolete next month. However, this Oasis class is so innovative and beautiful that I have to believe you will still be blown away by her. Make sure you go online and book as much as you can of shows that are really important to you before you board. It beats standing in line on board. It is amazing how quickly ships need to be refurbished but they serve thousands of people every week with no time off. I feel like Royal does an incredible job of keeping up with the wear and tear. Will you see some rust? Maybe. Will it affect your cruise? Please don't let it. You will be so busy you won't even care. It is a ship and gets used hard but handles it very well. Please enjoy every minute. We have done this class 3 times and there are still things that surprise us.

Excellent information, thanks for sharing! I've always been intrigued by this class and she still seems to sparkle! :)