Booking Future Cruises Onboard

Sunset329

Other than using the FCC that you purchase on-board and can be exchanged on-board or at home- there really is no advantage (like extra OBC or perks). Once you book directly with Princess, either on-board or at home, you can transfer this to your TA. Your TA should be able to help you with this.

The only time I've booked while onboard was because the cruise we wanted had some sale/promotion that was going to expire before we returned home. However, buying future cruise credit is always a good idea.

You can book on board. When booking on board you can assign it to a T.A. at that time or you can have it as a direct booking with Princess with the option to transfer the booking to a T.A. after you return home. The advantages are:

*$100/pp deposit

*OBC based on the table below:

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

You can purchase Future Cruise Deposits while you are on board and receive the same benefits as shown above for any future booking. The cost is the deposit amount, $100/pp, and they are fully refundable if not used. This gives you time to think when you are not so excited about your cruise, and shop for the best deals. We always have some in reserve.

I plan on doing both. I know we want a 5 night next Nov on Crown so will book that while on Regal in Dec

Then I also printed out the FCC form and have it filled out already. We take it on the ship with me and give it to the person that books the Nov Crown for me or drop it in the FCC box. That way I have another FCC if a great cruise comes up before we do the Crown next Nov.

The only time I've booked while onboard was because the cruise we wanted had some sale/promotion that was going to expire before we returned home. However, buying future cruise credit is always a good idea.

Last week on the Regal cruise consultant lady always had a good size line waiting to see her. We just bought two fcc's and will book in next week or two

We will be on the Crown next week and would like to book our next cruise. What are the advantages of booking a future Princess cruise while onboard? Is it easy to transfer to a travel agent after a cruise?

We just purchase FCC on board but don't book. Transfer of your booking to a TA should not be a problem.

If you know what cruise you're really interested in do the research for prices before you leave home. It's to difficult & time consuming to price out trips from the ship and unless they give you some price advantage to book on the ship I always purchase the FCC's and wait till I'm home.

In the past there were a few times then they increased the on board credit for booking on the ship but that was quite awhile ago when they had a few on the ships not selling that well. Today most of the ships sail almost filled.

I have never booked a cruise while on the ship. I just purchase Future Cruise Deposits for a future cruise. One lady told me for booking onboard she got extra OBC and was going to transfer the booking to her TA and get more OBC from her TA. :eek:

Tony

This is what we experienced when we booked while on a cruise, The rep also transferred the cruise to our TA as we have always booked through the same TA. We contacted the TA when we got home and they reduced the fare for us and did add a little extra OBC.

My understanding is that the FCC can either make the booking direct with Princess for you or else book with the travel agent with which you booked your current cruise. That's how it worked the one time we booked a specific cruise.