Statendam passenger missing between Victoria and Seattle

HawksFan74

Unfortunately, I think not...we heard something crash into our stateroom window early this morning around 2:15am.

Are you serious? If you are, did you speak with any of the authorities onboard about this?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I tried to call the front office at 2:25 or so but nobody answered. They were shining a light into our window, presumably because they noticed something too.

When we saw the news we called Holland America and the Coast Guard. We are definitely freaked out abut it.

I tried to call the front office at 2:25 or so but nobody answered. They were shining a light into our window, presumably because they noticed something too.

When we saw the news we called Holland America and the Coast Guard. We are definitely freaked out abut it.

If anything , the time of the incident will help pinpoint where to look. So sad for those involved yet it does happen quite often.

Edited by Lulubelle45

How disturbing!

Prayers for the man and his family/friends.

Unfortunately, I think not...we heard something crash into our stateroom window early this morning around 2:15am.

That must have been very scary for you.

We were in an OV on the stern. About 1 AM, I heard a lot of crashing and banging and loud voices. Called UT No one picked up the phone. Next morning, I reported it as did folks from several neighboring cabins. Front desk and Security were very hush hush...none of us had an answer.

We disembarked the ship, yesterday at around 9:00 AM, and weren't aware of anything like this happening. Many staff from the ship were lined up to wish us well and thank us for sailing with HAL. Whatever happened during the night was never mentioned and this is such a surprise to me. So sad.

We disembarked the ship, yesterday at around 9:00 AM, and weren't aware of anything like this happening. Many staff from the ship were lined up to wish us well and thank us for sailing with HAL. Whatever happened during the night was never mentioned and this is such a surprise to me. So sad.

I don't think anyone realized the passenger was missing until he failed to disembark the ship.

I really hope it was not him hitting your window. That would be disturbing. Prayers for his family and for you. I hope you don't blame yourself. I wish there was a hug in the smiley area. A big hug for you as well.

I was on the "ambulance/cruise ship chaser" website that we all love....to hate....or whatever and the same poster was on there stating that they heard the banging and saw a searchlight at 2:15am. Another poster chimed in with more information - turns out that it was the Port Angeles pilot changing over with the Seattle Pilot, so the theory that it was the guest falling and the ship shining a spotlight is probably out the window - besides, if the ship knew that someone had fallen and was actively searching with a spotlight, they wouldn't just cruise in to port, they would have been looking in patterns, like what you hear reported with other similar events. Just thought that you might want to know....

I was on the "ambulance/cruise ship chaser" website that we all love....to hate....or whatever and the same poster was on there stating that they heard the banging and saw a searchlight at 2:15am. Another poster chimed in with more information - turns out that it was the Port Angeles pilot changing over with the Seattle Pilot, so the theory that it was the guest falling and the ship shining a spotlight is probably out the window - besides, if the ship knew that someone had fallen and was actively searching with a spotlight, they wouldn't just cruise in to port, they would have been looking in patterns, like what you hear reported with other similar events. Just thought that you might want to know....

That makes total sense.

This is very sad though. The thought of being in cold, dark water, if you survive the fall at all is very scary.

• 2 weeks later...