New Alaska-Themed Norwegian Bliss Cruise Ship to Homeport in Seattle

LauraS

I can see some reasons for them to do this - Alaska seems to be popular, pricing tends to be higher but just seems like a large ship for some of those ports.

Wonder where it will go in the winter unless they make it a West coast ship.

awful big ship for the AK ports - but probably no bigger than the Celebrity ship they brought in last year. Juneau is expanding their docks for larger ships so maybe this is the sign of the times.

Wonder if it will be able to navigate Tracy Arm - since it appears to be taking over the Jewel's old route.

It might be nice to have a Mexican Rivera cruise in the dreary NW Winters. I think they could make Cabo or Puerto Vallarta and back in 7-10 days after all the Breakaway does NY to the Bahamas and back in that time.

Maybe by 2018 Seattle will have its act together on the homeless situation and people will actually want to visit the city. I live here, and I don't even want to go to Seattle. Feces, urine, used needles and tents all over the parks and sidewalks. It's disgusting. NCL homeporting a ship this large here makes no sense.

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool! Hopefully it will have an indoor pool and plenty of indoor space for the cold cruises.

Even though I'm not a loyal NCL pax, I might be lured over with the prospect of a brand new ship on the west coast! So many cruise lines send their slightly older ships to Alaska; it'll be wonderful having a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

Just had an awful thought - what if they replace both the Jewel and Pearl with the Bliss. One big ship vs two smaller ships - same weekly schedule as the Jewel with Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm. Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, GB, Victoria, Seattle. Maybe taking the lead from HAL and do a small boat excursion into Tracy Arm as a service call as it enters Juneau - they might have to have more than one small boat :D

One big ship has lower operating expenses than two smaller ones and the Bliss would be able to handle just a bit less than the Jewel and Pearl combined. But enough to probably sustain the market.

MoyCoy, no I haven't, but it was dry docked last year so it should be pretty nice. I was just kidding about rebooking on the Bliss. It will be a new ship, so the prices will be sky high. I'm looking forward to this cruise. In fact, I just booked the White Pass train tonight.

Have you sailed the Jewel before? We are thinking about booking a suite in April. How does so look now a days.

I have just came from my 4th cruise on The Jewel (the 2nd one this year). I am booked for an Alaskan cruise in May 2017 and Her Hawaiian adventure from Vancouver B.C. to Honolulu next October.

Great ship with a fantastic staff from the Captain to wait staff and housekeepers.

Mandy