I am obsessed!

How much info. do you get from CC? I have been trolling the messages/threads for weeks. I cruise tomorrow and have learned SO much about ships, ports, protocols, PEOPLE in general! :D

LOVE CC ... it has saved me time, money and a lot of aggravation!

Bon Voyage, CruiseGal!

I agree with you on the amount of information that can be learned on CC. I have looked at a couple of other cruise related sites and didn't even bother to join. They had nowhere near the volume of information CC has.

Bon Voyage, CruiseGal!

I agree with you on the amount of information that can be learned on CC. I have looked at a couple of other cruise related sites and didn't even bother to join. They had nowhere near the volume of information CC has.

Agreed - a lot of useful miscellaneous information can be picked up on these threads - as well as an awesome amount of misinformation; but after a while you get to recognize the user names of the most reliable dispensers of both.

I will definitely write about my experiences in Cuba. Although there are extensive threads/info. written.

LOL .... used to call my neighbor Misinformation.

Wish I knew about CC in 2012 for my first NCL cruise. Live, Learn and Share!

OP

Glad you have gotten so much wonderful information from CC to help you with your cruise.

When we started to cruise back in the 80's, there wasn't any Internet and we had to go libraries and buy books to learn about cruising. And none of our friends had ever cruised so they were no help.

That is great. Where are you going and what ship are you on?

Western Mediterranean in a Solo Studio on NCL Epic :) So excited! These forums have been a fantastic resource for information.

I have learned so much from CC and I hope I have been able to pass on things I have learned to other cruisers.

The thing I have learned is that you can take advantage of price drops depending on the rules of the cruiseline. I would never have thought of requesting a price drop. I know I have save a lot of money.

I will definitely write about my experiences in Cuba.

Havana's a great place, very interesting, very different to the other Caribbean islands.

Much of the architecture is decayed colonial Spanish decadence, lots of '50s American gas-guzzlers (many are taxis), remnants of communism, friendly folk, lively bars, great food, great prices. You do have to accept run-down infrastructure - for instance watch your footing on the uneven sidewalks.

You might see one or two (hundred :D) murals & pictures of Castro & Che.

A good time to go - before there's a McD, a KFC, a Wendy's and a Taco Bell on every street corner. ;)

Have a great time, come back and tell us about it.

JB :)

How much info. do you get from CC? I have been trolling the messages/threads for weeks. I cruise tomorrow and have learned SO much about ships, ports, protocols, PEOPLE in general! :D

LOVE CC ... it has saved me time, money and a lot of aggravation!

Good job, I agree.

Bon voyage.

Western Mediterranean in a Solo Studio on NCL Epic :) So excited! These forums have been a fantastic resource for information.

I was in a Studio on the Epic in December. It was my first time in a studio. I usually get myself an inside. The studio is SMALL! But it helped me realize I don't need all the stuff I always pack. The Epic was fun, not my favorite ship, but still nice. I did enjoy Spice H2O. However, we didn;t go to the Med, we went to the Caribbean. I hope you have a great time!

**The Med is my dream cruise!**

I was in a Studio on the Epic in December. It was my first time in a studio. I usually get myself an inside. The studio is SMALL! But it helped me realize I don't need all the stuff I always pack. The Epic was fun, not my favorite ship, but still nice. I did enjoy Spice H2O. However, we didn;t go to the Med, we went to the Caribbean. I hope you have a great time!

**The Med is my dream cruise!**

Thanks! :) I live in the UK so I think the Caribbean may be my dream cruise ;) I decided to stay closer to home for my first one. I'm fully expecting the cabin to be small... but don't intend to spend much time in it, so hopefully I won't suffer from claustrophobia!

IMO, The EPIC is epic and a great ship for western Med itinerary that it does.

Great to hear! Thanks :)

CC is a great place to find out upcoming cruise sales, promos, price drops and other perks. Got a few good deals from reading the hot tips here.

Agreed!

Couple of months ago when I was surfing CC, I stumbled onto a major price drop comment by someone that was on our same upcoming September cruise on the Equinox.

Thanks to that info, we upgraded from a standard veranda to an Aqua Class cabin, while receiving about a $400 per person price drop! Got the Aqua Cabin for the price of an inside cabin!

Sent a thank you reply post to the CC member that had commented on the price drop and then sent an email to CC thanking them for their website.

I got home yesterday from my cruise. It was amazing. The weather was HOT and HUMID. Drenched very quickly. But the people in Cuba are amazing. I had the BEST guides from OldCarTours.com and I was travelling solo and felt completely safe. Ask for Nacho or Yaser, you won't be disappointed. Knowledgeable and funny and kind and gallant and such big hearts. I was born in 1962 .... all this history and Cuban Missile Crisis .... I know it was covered in school ... but barely and a long time ago. And there's the other side that you don't hear about. SO interesting. I need more time there. Didn't get to see or do nearly as much as I wanted to. 3 hours in a convertible and getting in & out and walking around .... did me in the first day. Another 3 hour tour on Weds. 10am to 1pm. But Hemingway was finished by 11:30. 10 - 10:30 drive out to Hemingway house. 10:30 - 11:30am walk around outside and take pictures through windows. NOT allowed inside house. TONS of people there pushing you out of the way so they can get their pics. My driver and guide drove me around the city sights some more and then I asked Yaser, my guide, to take me shopping. He did and he haggled for me. VERY nice of him and I appreciated it a lot. Then he walked me from the flea market to the port entry .... about a mile ... to make sure I was safe. Along the way we crossed a court yard of a church and an old woman was sitting in the court yard. She must have said something because Yaser stopped and gave her a coin. I told him I had coin and asked him to hold some papers for me and then had him tell the woman to open her hand and cup it and I dumped my pouch upside down and ALL my coin spilled out like an old fashioned slot machine. It was maybe 5cuc in coin. She said thank you and was crying. I wasn't looking around me, and a man was coming up on me because he saw me give the woman money and Yaser stepped in his path and yelled at him and threatened him and kept me safe. I'm telling you, I could not have asked for better gentlemen to take me around Cuba.