Suite Guarantee

Andy C

I sail on Harmony is 9 days and booked a junior suite guarantee - for the record I am not expecting anything other than a JS although I would be thrilled and eternally grateful if I received something above and beyond - but I still have not been assigned a cabin. I know the fine details say one can be assigned up to the day of sailing but my quandary is this: the suite category has been "sold out" for over 2 weeks now so what are they waiting for??? Also, I have booked many guarantees before so I know the drill but I am still scratching my head since the category has been marked "sold out every" time I do a dummy booking. Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

They may be moving folks who paid full price to something better, to make room for the GTY bookings....or they have "blocked" some JS's for those GTY bookings...

No worries...you will get AT LEAST a JS, as promised! It's a lovely space in which to sail! If you do get a GS or OS, PLEASE, let us know! That would be awesome!

Curiously, I was reviewing a cruise I have booked yesterday and they had a JS listed for $1313 and a W for $1865. This seems odd to me in that I'd think a "you choose" JS would be more than a guarantee. Could this possibly mean the guarantee is for GS and above?

I can't imagine someone paying $500 more for a crap shoot JS location.

They can call me anytime to offer a free upgrade from JS. I won't decline [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Upgrade Fairy: flickr-fairy-dies-by-rob-clark.jpg?w=540

She is all but dead.

The Upsell Fairy, her stepsister, is still out there, making her tantalizing, bewitching phone calls.

Curiously, I was reviewing a cruise I have booked yesterday and they had a JS listed for $1313 and a W for $1865. This seems odd to me in that I'd think a "you choose" JS would be more than a guarantee. Could this possibly mean the guarantee is for GS and above?

I can't imagine someone paying $500 more for a crap shoot JS location.

If it's a W category, it includes JS. Sometimes there is something called a "Grand Suite guarantee".

And now refundable - nonrefundable comes into play. Was that the price difference?

Could this possibly mean the guarantee is for GS and above?

No, more likely a temporary pricing mistake. Also, if on the RCI web site, don't go by the initial landing page for the price -sometimes that is incorrect and the real price shows up on subsequent pages deeper into the booking.

Edited by Biker19

No, more likely a temporary pricing mistake. Also, if on the RCI web site, don't go by the initial landing page for the price -sometimes that is incorrect and the real price shows up on subsequent pages deeper into the booking.

Just looked again and now it's $1315 for JS and $1398 for W.

I was just on the RCCL US website this morning and saw a JS for $1999 pp. When I clicked on it it said it was no longer available. Still no cabin assignment on my end yet. Will keep you posted of what I am assigned. Thank you all for the pearls of wisdom and the chuckle!

The upgrade fairy is alive and well!

We are Sailing on the Mariner of the Seas, 9 night Asian Cruise. (Departing in 2 weeks.)

I changed our Balcony guarantee booking to a Suite Guarantee for an Add'l $250/ person. expecting to be assigned one of the remaining Jr. Suites.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised to be assigned a Grand Suite, the very next morning.

Not bad @ $799.00/person!

The upgrade fairy is alive and well!

We are Sailing on the Mariner of the Seas, 9 night Asian Cruise. (Departing in 2 weeks.)

I changed our Balcony guarantee booking to a Suite Guarantee for an Add'l $250/ person. expecting to be assigned one of the remaining Jr. Suites.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised to be assigned a Grand Suite, the very next morning.

Not bad @ $799.00/person!

Not to sound argumentative, but that's not the Upgrade Fairy. You booked a Suite Guarantee. You got a suite.

They are probably still working on the inventory. Don't read the CC thread on which someone with GTY booking got bumped.

:D:D

Just had a really nice upgrade for one November cruise from the Princess Fairy. Now hoping for another visit as I'm doing B2B. Had to change rooms anyway so will hope for another. A complimentary upgrade is something I haven't received from RCI, just that downgrade.

My September Celebrity cruise has been sold out so won't get one there.

Judy

Not to sound argumentative, but that's not the Upgrade Fairy. You booked a Suite Guarantee. You got a suite.

I totally agree re. the Suite Guarantee.

Upgrade fairy prob. not the best way of describing it.

However, still nice to bypass the Jr. Suites!