What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Two ways to check I’ve heard. Go on your my ncl page and see if you have a new room number and or call your credit card company to see if the charge is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a side note. All of our credit cards are set up so that any charge over $25 generates an email showing the charge. Easy to do by logging into your CC account.

Quick question. Since thet (sic) don't approve bids until 48hrs prior to departure, have you already checked in since you are able yo check in 2 months before the cruise or do you wait until you find out yea or nay?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It is not accurate to say "...they don't approve bids until 48hrs prior to departure...," but rather the rules (#9) state "Your offer can be accepted anytime from the moment it is submitted up until 2 days prior to departure."

It is not accurate to say "...they don't approve bids until 48hrs prior to departure...," but rather the rules (#9) state "Your offer can be accepted anytime from the moment it is submitted up until 2 days prior to departure."

True. But if your bid is accepted right away, you knew you bid too high, lol. 😂🤣😁

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

True enough, but then you don't have to suffer the weeks of anxiety waiting to find out.:')

Just did another mock booking for our cruise tonight. Lots of balcony and mini suites still available with 5 weeks out. But only GTY OVs. Lol, even quite a few penthouse suites. Im sure all this hurricane activity has put a damper on next 6 weeks of cruising. So many might not book as they might of in the past. Just lowered my offers as thinking they will take anything to make the extra buck. It's all part of the game😁😎😉

First time with this method of upgrading. I received an email today and placed my bids through the email link. Then I received an email showing my bids.

Could you please tell me where you see the status of your bids? People have mentioned that it showed their status as pending. Where exactly do you see that? I don't see anything about upgrading when I sign into my NCL or in my booking summary on NCLs website.

When you sign in, it should show "it's time to upgrade". Click on that and scroll down. It will show what you bid, and that it's pending.

Thanks for answering. I did the upgrade bidding through the email they sent, not on the website. When I log into my NCL it doesn't show anything about upgrading. I did get a confirmation email for the bidding though so hopefully I'm all set. Just would be nice to see the status somewhere.

Edited by RosieRoo
Just noticed that if I go back through the email they sent, I can look at my bids and it shows the status there.

For those of you who got a chance to bid as I did... watch the pricing!!! I debated on whether to do it.. I was in a family 2 bedroom suite on deck 11 and had been watching the price for for the 2 bedroom suite in the haven and had put a bid on it but heard nothing back.

I printed of my cruise docs and luggage tags and 2 days later just went in to play around to see what was still open (hoping for the upgrade) and low and behold the haven suite was lower priced than what I had paid for my suite on deck 11. I called NCL and told them I wanted to be switched and reimbursed.... They countered with upgrading me and not having me loose any of my lattitude points for the cruise or the $300 on board credit I already had and a few other perks if I didn't demand the $600 refund in price. That was ok by me. AND it beat the $1750 I bid to upgrade to the Haven!

So watch the price and rebook if need be, prices are dropping it may be better than their so called bidding system!!!! It's all in what you are comfortable with doing. It took 3 phone calls to make it happen but worth it in my book!

We received the upgrade offer and submitted it today. We are 31

days out on POA. First time we booked an inside cabin due to the ports. but I was questioning that decision when the offer came in. So now we sit and wait

Just wondering did your offer on the POA get accepted? We're in a similar situation and I was wondering how it worked out for you.

Here is a question. I am traveling alone and I have a balcony booked on a cruise (not leaving anytime soon) do you think they would offer a bid to someone traveling in a balcony room (BA) alone or do you think they would make offers to couples / multi travelers in a room? And is there really any need for a single traveler to try to get a Haven room? A spa suite would be nice.

I am traveling solo on Nov 26 and they offered me an upgrade.

I've followed this thread a few times in the run up to my cruise so I thought it's only fair I should let you know my outcome - I'm travelling on the Sun on Monday (25th sept) and booked an inside cabin. This morning I was notified that my bid of £80pp for an oceanview has been accepted ("fair" on the sliding scale)!

I'm pleased with this, since when we booked the cruise I'm sure the additional cost of an oceanview was £200-£250pp.

I hope it's useful to know that I didn't receive this until 3 days before the cruise for those of you who haven't heard about theirs yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is our first NCL cruise and we booked an inside guarantee on the Escape sailing October 14. We were offered to bid on an Oceanview and Balcony cabin. We booked 39 days out and today at 4:30 PM, 22 days out I received an email from NCL saying we won on our bid for the balcony. I had bid $75pp for the oceanview and $130pp for the balcony. We're assigned a family balcony port side mid ship. We're very pleased, both bids were on the poor/fair border.

This is our first NCL cruise and we booked an inside guarantee on the Escape sailing October 14. We were offered to bid on an Oceanview and Balcony cabin. We booked 39 days out and today at 4:30 PM, 22 days out I received an email from NCL saying we won on our bid for the balcony. I had bid $75pp for the oceanview and $130pp for the balcony. We're assigned a family balcony port side mid ship. We're very pleased, both bids were on the poor/fair border.

Great deal. In the same range for our end of October one. Bet the huge bad weather coverage the last 2 weeks for the Caribbean had put a damper on last minute cruisers. With less rooms being sold, NCL is happy to get something extra for rooms that might go empty. Enjoy your cruise.

If you didn't receive the upgrade email but know a bunch of other people on the cruise did then is there a way to contact NCL and ask to also receive it? I think the agency I used to book the trip doesn't participate in the upgrade program so that's why I didn't get it. Any success?

If your agency has opted out, you will not be eligible. Did you log into your NCL.com account and click on "my ncl" and then "view reservation" for that cruise to see if you have a "LET'S GET YOU UPGRADED!" splash page?

If your agency has opted out, you will not be eligible. Did you log into your NCL.com account and click on "my ncl" and then "view reservation" for that cruise to see if you have a "LET'S GET YOU UPGRADED!" splash page?

I have the option to upgrade but is it Norwegian's final decision to upgrade you or the agency? I had some issues with the agency so I doubt they'll be doing anything nice for me.

Edited by Cherries Jubilee

I have the option to upgrade but is it Norwegian's final decision to upgrade you or the agency? I had some issues with the agency so I doubt they'll be doing anything nice for me.

Once you get the offer to bid, your agency has nothing to do with it :)

If the process is controlled by NCL then why give a travel agency the say over if you're eligible for the upgrade or not?

The thing is, once you book through an agent, they control your reservation. NCL has to contact them, not you. So, if they don't want to "deal with" upgrades (questions about them, customer questions/complaints, forwarding the offers, whatever) then they opt out. They have nothing to do with the process, except to determine when their clients don't get them.