My Time Dinning

I have My Time Dinning selected and saw that you can make reservations each night instead of just walking up. Just to look I selected a few nights and noticed that from 6-8:30pm most nights was not available, assuringly bc other people have taken up those times.

I should still be able to just walk up and get a buzzer if there is a wait right? I'm coming from NCL with Freestyle dinning and outside of specialty restaurants do not want to do early or late seating.

I have My Time Dinning selected and saw that you can make reservations each night instead of just walking up. Just to look I selected a few nights and noticed that from 6-8:30pm most nights was not available, assuringly bc other people have taken up those times.

I should still be able to just walk up and get a buzzer if there is a wait right? I'm coming from NCL with Freestyle dinning and outside of specialty restaurants do not want to do early or late seating.

You should still be able to walk up anytime you like, but I've not yet heard of Royal using pagers.

We also have My Time Dining and have certain times reserved however it's so hard to plan your evening so far in advance when you don't know what's going on for the day. If we want to go earlier or later than our reserve time can we still do that?? Can we still eat at the MDR if we want or only a other restaurants and cafes? First time on Royal, sailed with Carnival and Princess in the past, and I'm not sure how much I like these reservations versus this typical early/late MDR dinner.

Also how do the formal nights work with My Time Dinning? Do you wear your down out to a café or random restaurant on board?

We also have My Time Dining and have certain times reserved however it's so hard to plan your evening so far in advance when you don't know what's going on for the day. If we want to go earlier or later than our reserve time can we still do that?? Can we still eat at the MDR if we want or only a other restaurants and cafes? First time on Royal, sailed with Carnival and Princess in the past, and I'm not sure how much I like these reservations versus this typical early/late MDR dinner.

Also how do the formal nights work with My Time Dinning? Do you wear your down out to a café or random restaurant on board?

Yes, you can go to the MDR earlier or later than your reserved time.

We went on the Voyager last January, and going on Radiance next January.

We missed out on My time dining, and had to have late dinner ):

This time we have the My time! I was led to believe we could book through our TV each night to reserve a table. Is this the case?

On Voyager, we saw lots of people lined up and waiting at the My Time dining level whilst we waltzed into our table at the 8pm late dinner, I told my OH that they were only waiting because they hadn't booked a time on their TV...is that correct? Or will we be waiting for a table in the line up, even though we are planning to book in a time slot each night on the TV?

regards,

K

There's usually two lines for MTD - with and without reservations. Depending on the time, there may be a line for both. If you have a rush hour slot even with a reservation there might be a delay before you get seated.

We were seated anywhere from right away to about 2 min with our standing 7 PM reservation.

related to My Time Dining. We are a group of 11 ppl and Cruise planner only let me book up to 10 persons. Any special e-mail I can send to for help with this, or can we only book onboard then?

related to My Time Dining. We are a group of 11 ppl and Cruise planner only let me book up to 10 persons. Any special e-mail I can send to for help with this, or can we only book onboard then?

I would go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and try to get reservations there.

DW and I prefer MTD and I make advance reservations. I reconfirm once we get on the ship as at least one time, they did not show us with reservations and quickly fixed it. We have switched our times during the cruise and have had no issues. We prefer the same wait staff, we've been lucky so far as the service has been very good in our opinion.

My Time Dining was stolen from Freestyle. :) It works exactly the same way. We love it and always make reservations the day of. Certain time slots get filled due to show times and other reasons. We like that we can keep our servers if we like, but aren't stuck with them if they are not satisfactory (almost never happens).

My Time Dining was stolen from Freestyle. :) It works exactly the same way. We love it and always make reservations the day of. Certain time slots get filled due to show times and other reasons. We like that we can keep our servers if we like, but aren't stuck with them if they are not satisfactory (almost never happens).

I'll probably end up making them the day of as well. I don't want to decide 2 plus months out what time I want dinner. Since it seems to be done easily the day of I'll just plan on that. Thanks.

I'll probably end up making them the day of as well. I don't want to decide 2 plus months out what time I want dinner. Since it seems to be done easily the day of I'll just plan on that. Thanks.

Exactly right. That is why we like Freestyling and welcome My Time. It is why we don't do reserved seating.:cool:

• 6 months later...
Can I reserve MYD at 7pm each night and then turn up later/ earlier depending on what is happening on the day?

Not online, but you could once on board. It depends on far off the reservation time you show up, +/- 15 min might be OK, more than that and you could end up waiting with the folks without reservations.

Can I reserve MYD at 7pm each night and then turn up later/ earlier depending on what is happening on the day?

If you are going to be late, or not show up at all, it would be good to notify the MTD desk so they can make use of your table for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why not just show up when you're ready to eat then and forget about making a reservation. MTD is suppose to be for those like yourself that do not want to be tied down to a specific time to eat.

Edited by davekathy