October 2018 to April 2019 - News

cruisefan2012

Copied from an online cruise travel agent I follow on facebook...

Time to start thinking about your 2018/19 P&O Cruise - October 2018 to April 2019

• P&O Cruises go on sale to Top Tier Peninsular Members on 23rd March.

• Winter 2018/19 on general sale 27th March.

• World Cruise and Exotic Voyages 2019 on sale 30th March.

Arcadia will again be the only ship to venture to Hong Kong/Sydney in 2019.

No family cruising on P&O in Asia for the second year running is starting to annoy me - its no help for those of us who want to take a holiday with our pre-school children. I'm presuming this is all as a result of Aurora covering Oriana covering Adonia.

In 2020 and 2021, Arcadia, Aurora and Azura are all scheduled to reach Sydney in Feb/March. Info from relevant port authority sites - and presumably subject to change.

Arcadia will again be the only ship to venture to Hong Kong/Sydney in 2019.

No family cruising on P&O in Asia for the second year running is starting to annoy me - its no help for those of us who want to take a holiday with our pre-school children. I'm presuming this is all as a result of Aurora covering Oriana covering Adonia.

In 2020 and 2021, Arcadia, Aurora and Azura are all scheduled to reach Sydney in Feb/March. Info from relevant port authority sites - and presumably subject to change.

Do you have access to itineraries then?

Always exciting to see new itineraries - goodness knows why though, I can't even book my summer 2018 one yet til I can book with work (which is about October time for next year) :rolleyes:

Therefore you do miss out on some of the deals. We always book on day one and on our 28 Ventura cruise to the Caribbean our cabin has gone up by £2300 each, from the price we paid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wish they hadn't started this really early booking thing. It's far too early to book for 2019.

I think it's all about getting a good chunk of the market share. Other cruise lines release cruises years ahead and P&O have had to follow suit. If they didn't, everyone would have booked their cruise with other lines before P&O went on sale.

JeanLyon,

It is way too early but on the other hand its always nice to have something to look forward too

I LOVE the theatre and have got tickets for shows in January and February 2018 already !!!

Chris11256,

Bear with me as I write this... I booked for June 2018 in September 2016 so I would imagine it would be around September 2017 for May to October 2018

Does anyone know when May/June 2019 will be on sale. My girlfriend & I want to book a wedding at sea around that time.

Only disappointment is that unless Britannia port of registry is changed, we need to find another ship.

If they follow the same pattern as last year, summer 19 cruises should be booking by mid September this year. Clearly spreading the years bookings over two booking windows makes it easier. And this September window is ahead of the competition.

Therefore you do miss out on some of the deals. We always book on day one and on our 28 Ventura cruise to the Caribbean our cabin has gone up by £2300 each, from the price we paid.

I know it is really annoying! I've booked the odd short break not in peak months but I can't risk popular summer months

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Non of out last 10 cruises have been cheaper at anytime before our cruises. Perhaps this is because of the type of cabin we book i.e. There are not many of them. I have no hesitation of booking early.

If they follow the same pattern as last year, summer 19 cruises should be booking by mid September this year. Clearly spreading the years bookings over two booking windows makes it easier. And this September window is ahead of the competition.

Thank you.

Having studied the pricing patterns for the past few years, it is apparent that when Carol Marlow was in charge imho pricing was erratic and at times plainly unfair. This had the effect of discouraging early booking and lots of passengers waited for the inevitable last minute discounted fare. This policy was not good for P&O as ships were filling up at the last minute with cheap fares. The obvious knock on effect was lower standards of food and other things. Since Chris Edgington took over, the pricing policy appears to have changed and the best deals are now only available at the time cruises first go on sale. This normally includes past passenger discount, early booking discount, extra obc , free parking etc. My current policy is to book early.

Agree with a number of posters re booking early - we always do. You get the cabin you want for a start.

However, it is frustrating for those people who are restricted re work arrangements, etc.

As stated, P&O are following what seems to be standard procedure nowadays.

• 6 months later...

New to p&o I'm looking at Azura for 2/3rd Nov18 should I book now or wait ?

We need several inside cabins, however don't need to be together, should I wait and see saver rate, when would this be

Also on saver rate would all parties be on same sitting if cabins linked? If given early dining can we switch to anytime dining?

Thanks in advance.

New to p&o I'm looking at Azura for 2/3rd Nov18 should I book now or wait ?

We need several inside cabins, however don't need to be together, should I wait and see saver rate, when would this be

Also on saver rate would all parties be on same sitting if cabins linked? If given early dining can we switch to anytime dining?

Thanks in advance.

Although prices can and will change, select price of £1450 for a 14 night Caribbean cruise with flights included seems to be good value. You may find that the price increases nearer the departure time and that saver price is introduced at a similar level to current select but without the select benefits. Maybe it won't, no-one knows. It could be less, it may be more.

My advice is if you can afford the current select price, book it and you will be able to choose and guarantee cabins and dining arrangements which will save possible worry about types and times of dining. On saver fare, which is not yet available, you won't be able to guarantee this.

If you do grasp the nettle and book now, try to resist the temptation of looking at prices between now and November 18!

Having studied the pricing patterns for the past few years, it is apparent that when Carol Marlow was in charge imho pricing was erratic and at times plainly unfair. This had the effect of discouraging early booking and lots of passengers waited for the inevitable last minute discounted fare. This policy was not good for P&O as ships were filling up at the last minute with cheap fares. The obvious knock on effect was lower standards of food and other things. Since Chris Edgington took over, the pricing policy appears to have changed and the best deals are now only available at the time cruises first go on sale. This normally includes past passenger discount, early booking discount, extra obc , free parking etc. My current policy is to book early

I'm booked on my first cruise in June 18. If I book for 2019 in September will I qualify for past passenger discount, or do I have to wait until after my cruise and lose access to the best prices?

Les.

I'm booked on my first cruise in June 18. If I book for 2019 in September will I qualify for past passenger discount, or do I have to wait until after my cruise and lose access to the best prices?

Les.

I believe you wouldn't qualify for the fares - as you haven't cruised before P&O wouldn't have your details as one of a past cruiser's and there wouldn't be a peninsular club number.

I'm not sure if past passenger discounts are even being applied for 2019. If they are, someone please correct me!

Dan

I believe you wouldn't qualify for the fares - as you haven't cruised before P&O wouldn't have your details as one of a past cruiser's and there wouldn't be a peninsular club number.

I'm not sure if past passenger discounts are even being applied for 2019. If they are, someone please correct me!

Dan

Thanks Dan, that's what I suspected. I think I might wait just to be sure that cruising agrees with me, but I might have been tempted if there was extra discount to be had. P&O's loss.

Les.