"Thank you for cruising with Holland America Line"

rafinmd

I got this email yesterday and will likely book a cruise next week. I have a couple of Future Cruise Deposits and it looks like the OBC offered in the FCD and the ZPM offer in the thank you email are the same and not combinable. Has anybody had any luck combining these 2 benefits?

Thanks

Roy

I got this email yesterday and will likely book a cruise next week. I have a couple of Future Cruise Deposits and it looks like the OBC offered in the FCD and the ZPM offer in the thank you email are the same and not combinable. Has anybody had any luck combining these 2 benefits?

Thanks

Roy

Have always combined them Roy - no problem at all :) also combineable with CCL stock benefit and whatever else :)

And you don't need the email - you can just ask for the code as long as you book within 60 days (I think that's right) of your last cruise. Missing out on the Westerdam as I booked before my cruise and with the way the Canadian dollar went, I'm glad I did ;)

Thanks

Roy

We have done this numerous times without a problem. Upcoming trip we got the FCD, ZPM, stockholder credit plus $800 in OBC from the Anniversary sale. Totally to $1300 (for 2 people) for an 11 day cruise.

For the first time ever we got the Thank You for sailing with us e-mail offer -- from our February/March cruises.

However, they expired in May. It is now the end of June and we are still waiting for the fall 2016 Caribbean itineraries to be posted.

They were worthless to us.

For the first time ever we got the Thank You for sailing with us e-mail offer -- from our February/March cruises.

However, they expired in May. It is now the end of June and we are still waiting for the fall 2016 Caribbean itineraries to be posted.

They were worthless to us.

I would ask for the promotion anyway (when you are ready to book). I have gotten the promo added even after the expiration date and it does not hurt to ask.

I would ask for the promotion anyway (when you are ready to book). I have gotten the promo added even after the expiration date and it does not hurt to ask.

We just got our email, too, and I'm looking for a cruise - if I don't find it in time, will try this!:)

We just got our email, too, and I'm looking for a cruise - if I don't find it in time, will try this!:)

I would - I do not think HAL tracks the email offers very closely and I have not had a problem getting it. With all the emails like this they send out, I doubt they could figure out when you got it.

Edited by DaveOKC

Thanks

Roy

Yes, we have received both these OBC on our last 8-10 cruises. We have $400 OBC for our 11-day cruise in February, along with the $800 OBC for the Anniversary Sale. :)

I would - I do not think HAL tracks the email offers very closely and I have not had a problem getting it. With all the emails like this they send out, I doubt they could figure out when you got it.

I hope that anyone who tries this gets the deal. I tried this for our upcoming cruise in July and our TA was told no go....5 days too late. They knew exactly when they sent that email.

Edited by sammygoose
nuance

I hope that anyone who tries this gets the deal. I tried this for our upcoming cruise in July and our TA was told no go....5 days too late. They knew exactly when they sent that email.

Well, obviously this does not always work. Perhaps it is because I book through HAL that they let me go through.

I never received the email after my May cruise but others did (like DaveOKC). When I inquired about it and the fact that the 2016/17 itineraries ight not be up before it expired, my PCC said that they could apply it to a "Futuredam" cruise:

"Futuredam bookings are simply a future cruise request for an itinerary we haven’t released yet.

Futuredam bookings require a $200 deposit (fully refundable). Once the itineraries are ready to be released, but before we have released them to the general public, I would notify you. We can then select the itinerary and stateroom you want before anyone else gets a chance to. We would create a new booking on the voyage you want and the $200 that you put down for the Futuredam booking will be put towards the balance owing on your reservation. If we do not have the itinerary you want, we can refund your deposit."

As for tracking of emails/snail mail, believe me, they do. I recently booked a cruise but it wasn't quite what we wanted. We had received some snail mail which had discounted fares/promos, and coupled with the Anniversary Sale and the Welcome Back promo, we decided to book a cruise that was almost what we wanted, to take advantage of it all. In the snail mail, we received two slightly different letters with what appeared to be the same second page of itineraries. The difference was a small code in the upper right hand corner of each letter/itinerary combination. They know from that code what was sent to us. She also tracked our Welcome Back email and told me when it was sent and gave our correct email addresses. For some reason, we did not receive those Welcome Back emails (but had received other emails from HAL). I guess they got lost somehow on the way. I could see one of us maybe accidentally deleting it but not both of us.

Of course, the cruise that we booked was not listed on those itinerary pages so the promo offered by snail mail did not apply. But we still went ahead with the booking and still got a fair bit of OBC, with the remaining promos. If our ideal itinerary comes up, we'll cancel the current booking. If not, we'll be happy with what we booked.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Our TA did a futuredam booking for us so we wouldn't lose our thank you obc. However, we had future cruise credits & were able to use them which were $100 deposits. We want a fall Panama Canal cruise but they aren't available yet. :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well, obviously this does not always work. Perhaps it is because I book through HAL that they let me go through.

I'm glad you got it DaveOKC, I think you mentioned it before which is why I asked my TA to make the call. I always appreciate tips like this even if they don't work out......you never know. :)

Sorry, but I am a little lost here. What is a ZPM? And does everyone get a email offer after every cruise? We sail in Aug and may want to sail again in Feb-March so this is all very interesting.

The ZPM is the promotion code that needs to be entered by your TA/PCC for the Welcome Back OBC. I don't know if everyone gets the email offer. Some do and some have not. I've gotten them in the past but didn't this last time even though I was told it was sent to my correct email address. It's still available to me, though, because all I need is to have the TA/PCC enter ZPM as long as I booked within 60 days of disembarkation.

What you might want to do is, if you don't already have one, purchase a Future Cruise Deposit on your Aug cruise. Then when you get home, book your next cruise. The ZPM offer will effectively double the OBC that you would get if you booked on the cruise itself.

The ZPM is the promotion code that needs to be entered by your TA/PCC for the Welcome Back OBC. I don't know if everyone gets the email offer. Some do and some have not. I've gotten them in the past but didn't this last time even though I was told it was sent to my correct email address. It's still available to me, though, because all I need is to have the TA/PCC enter ZPM as long as I booked within 60 days of disembarkation.

What you might want to do is, if you don't already have one, purchase a Future Cruise Deposit on your Aug cruise. Then when you get home, book your next cruise. The ZPM offer will effectively double the OBC that you would get if you booked on the cruise itself.

Good advice, but when you book your cruise mention code ZPM. Normally you do not get the email for this offer until 2 weeks after your cruise.

Many thx for all of this ZPM info - very helpful! I will see what I can do thru it and a future cruise arrangement.

For our Aug cruise we got the Explore 4 pkg. is this a sale that comes out regularly? If so, any idea on when or is it random?

Many thx for all of this ZPM info - very helpful! I will see what I can do thru it and a future cruise arrangement.

For our Aug cruise we got the Explore 4 pkg. is this a sale that comes out regularly? If so, any idea on when or is it random?

It's come out a couple of times in the last two years, both in late summer. The last time, it ended at the end of October. There were some reports that it may return this August but I'll believe it when I see it. There have also been other promotions where one gets only the Signature Beverage Package which is the largest perk of the E4 promo.

Just spoke to our PCC about 2016 plans and told her we would wait until we got off the ship in Sept due to FCD OBC and ZPM OBC. She said that we couldn't combine- was one or the other. Said she had never been able to get both OBC's. We are putting in two FCD's on board and plan a B2B next year- wonder how that would work?

Edited by frankc98376

Just spoke to our PCC about 2016 plans and told her we would wait until we got off the ship in Sept due to FCD OBC and ZPM OBC. She said that we couldn't combine- was one or the other. Said she had never been able to get both OBC's. We are putting in two FCD's on board and plan a B2B next year- wonder how that would work?

You better get a new PCC! These two can be combined all the time. In fact, the Thank You for Sailing at one time mentioned that you can combine. I think the PCC was just telling you that to get you to book now.