What Is Your Favorite Month to Cruise to Caribbean and Why

We don't exactly have a huge sample size of experiences to choose from, but we're loving December so far. The 1st/2nd week of December is cheap to cruise, and it's really nice to go from cold weather in North Carolina to summer-like temps in Florida and the Caribbean.

Lately since I have two special needs kiddos and will not let them miss school - I like spring break- week before or after easter depending on schedule for the year. Our school changes it depending on when easter falls. Refuse to go during summer- way too HOT- DH told me not in summer for Cruise unless it's Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

October! Most kids have just gone back to school in August and September so there is not a lot on board especially on the southern routes out of San Juan. Also the prices are good that time of year and it is our anniversary time! :cool:

Pretty much the EXACT same reasons here.

Having been to just about every Caribbean island by now Caribbean itineraries matter little to us, therefore we prefer the Thanksgiving week to get away while conserving vacation days.

If itinerary is important I'd say November after Thanksgiving till April or May, sans Christmas week. Good weather, plenty of ships and routes to choose from, yet still reasonable priced.

If neither itinerary or time off work is a concern, go for September and October for best prices. Just watch out for that hurricane. :eek:;p:D

I've only been on one cruise this past April 22-27. It was great! Very few kids- I googled on line and most of the spring breaks were done by middle of April. Price was good and water was fairly smooth. I get motion sickness so having smooth sailing is important to me of course you never know when a storm or something else will effect the water. It was more choppy around the Yucatán tho. I don't mind trying October, January or February but I think cold fronts can make the ocean choppy?

We're limited by the school year until the wife retires, but we did manage an early October cruise last year on fall break, and it was really nice. We've been leary of trying one in early April on her spring break, but friends have done it with good results. So we may give it a try soon.

Our youngest graduates high school next year, so maybe we can start doing spring and fall. 😎

This is us too. We're not yet sick of winter in January. Early March is when we most need to get out.

Up where we are, we're finally looking forward to the end of winter by March, LOL! We're gone in January, early February at the latest ❄️[emoji948]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruised over Christmas this past year on the Oasis. I really did not want to be away from home for Christmas but this was the only time my son could get away from graduate school. Also a good time for my teen daughter to not miss more than a few days of school.The ship was decorated so pretty and it made the cruise extra special. Also it was nice getting away during winter. I really didn't notice a lot of kids on board although I'm sure there were boatloads (lol). We spent most of our time on cruise days in the Solarium anyway. Plus I don't find children offensive as I have had 3 of my own! We loved the cruise so much we are returning this year for the week just prior to Christmas. This time on the Freedom of the Seas. I could see us cruising every year for the holidays $ permitting.

We cruised over Christmas this past year on the Oasis. I really did not want to be away from home for Christmas but this was the only time my son could get away from graduate school. Also a good time for my teen daughter to not miss more than a few days of school.The ship was decorated so pretty and it made the cruise extra special. Also it was nice getting away during winter. I really didn't notice a lot of kids on board although I'm sure there were boatloads (lol). We spent most of our time on cruise days in the Solarium anyway. Plus I don't find children offensive as I have had 3 of my own! We loved the cruise so much we are returning this year for the week just prior to Christmas. This time on the Freedom of the Seas. I could see us cruising every year for the holidays $ permitting.

Ships are decorated throughout all of December for the most part

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app