Currently on the Westerdam

jmkennett

I will also say the Lido times are not great and this should change on late nights in ports. In Monoco last night until 11PM. Got back at 9:00. Lido closed at 8:30. Only thing available was pizza and some pasta or room service. They opened it again at 10:30 for the late night food. Just keep the darn thing open on these types of nights. Most other lines do. That was annoying.

We felt the same way on our Koningsdam cruise. Lido hours on port days should be flexible so people can eat. There were many days when excursions left at noon, getting back late afternoon. That left no time for lunch!

We had a discussion about this with the manager. I think we need to bring this up in our evaluations.

Where are the public computer work stations, originally in the Crow's Nest/Explorations Cafe, located now? Deck 3 forward, starboard side in between the Main stage and Merabella shop? Thanks mucho!

Hi. Yes, there are a few public computers on Deck 3, near Merabella. There are some computers in the Crow's Nest / Explorations but I think they only access the New York Times.

It's a whole other conversation, but IMO, they've ruined what once was the best lounge/bar on the ship. Have no idea what they were thinking. Hoping they don't ruin this lounge on the other ships.

You can still sit up there and get a drink, but there is no music or entertainment. I think it will become a forgotten space. Really kind of pointless. The cafe is now at the bar and it just a regular bar. The cafe was replaced by the Shore Excursion desk. The could have just left the Shore Excursion office where it was or could have built a Grand Dutch Cafe in the atrium, but they did neither.

Hi. Yes, there are a few public computers on Deck 3, near Merabella. There are some computers in the Crow's Nest / Explorations but I think they only access the New York Times.

It's a whole other conversation, but IMO, they've ruined what once was the best lounge/bar on the ship. Have no idea what they were thinking. Hoping they don't ruin this lounge on the other ships.

You can still sit up there and get a drink, but there is no music or entertainment. I think it will become a forgotten space. Really kind of pointless. The cafe is now at the bar and it just a regular bar. The cafe was replaced by the Shore Excursion desk. The could have just left the Shore Excursion office where it was or could have built a Grand Dutch Cafe in the atrium, but they did neither.

Much obliged for your response! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Can you tell the difference between an SS suite and a SB? Also does anyone know if you get concierge service in all the suites? Sailing on this ship in Dec and can't seem to find anyone with an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell the difference between an SS suite and a SB? Also does anyone know if you get concierge service in all the suites? Sailing on this ship in Dec and can't seem to find anyone with an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SS is a Signature Suite, while the SB is a Neptune Suite. You get the full set of suite perks with the Neptune. The SS is about 1.5 times the size of a regular balcony room. You get double sailing day credits and a "telephone concierge."

Pictures and more details about the changes to the Crow's Nest will be appreciated. Thank you. Information you are able to supply about this may help determine whether to book Noordam or Westerdam for Alaska next year.

By next year, they should be identical.

:)

SS is a Signature Suite, while the SB is a Neptune Suite. You get the full set of suite perks with the Neptune. The SS is about 1.5 times the size of a regular balcony room. You get double sailing day credits and a "telephone concierge."

This is great information- help me with one more thing - what's a telephone concierge?

I didn't know that we will would receive double days. We are 16 days away from the next level from the bottom level so this will give us 14. We love HAL but have only been on 3 of their cruises so far

We will be in Stateroom 5140 and are wondering if it has a coffee maker and if a shower matt is included?

You got the correct answer on the coffee machine. I looked on a membership site I belong to, that has passenger-provided photos, and for 5051 which is also a HC cabin, there happened to be a nice clear shot of the no-threshold shower with both a rubberized no-slip mat and a thick terry-type mat for outside the wet area. So whichever you meant, the answer is yes. If either is not present on first day, ask your room steward for it (it might have been taken for cleaning?).

Unfortunately, asking will not cause a coffeemaker to appear, or we'd all have one! You can get coffee from room service, but it will be the same as served in the Lido or non-special-order MDR -- not from the Explorations Cafe.