Carnival Shareholder Benefit

Hi all,

Just wanted to let those that have Carnival Shares about my quick response.

We are on a short Carnival Spirit cruise in March, so when I called Carnival, calls are taken in US, I was told to fax the details through, that is the only way they will take them.

Who has a fax anymore:confused: Post Office wanted $15......for $50 OBC, I said no thanks!!

I emailed it to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com and got a response to the email saying they would contact me within 7 days.

I just received a conformation of the booking with the extra OBC and another email with a Thank you etc.....took 3 days:)

So for those that get told by Carnival call centre in the US to fax it, it works to email it as well.

So now have $100 OBC for the booking plus Shareholder $50 to spend in 3 days, think we can do that, thanks Carnival:p

Who has a fax anymore

Everyone with a computer has access to free fax services on the internet. Several here routinely use a service to 'fax' their documents to the cruise line.

It is fine to use email also, but be aware that Carnival Corp. makes the rules and their rule is that no emails are to be used anymore. I am sure they have their reasons.

Obviously the member cruise lines aren't enforcing this rule. Still, it could happen at any time.

Everyone with a computer has access to free fax services on the internet. Several here routinely use a service to 'fax' their documents to the cruise line.

It is fine to use email also, but be aware that Carnival Corp. makes the rules and their rule is that no emails are to be used anymore. I am sure they have their reasons.

Obviously the member cruise lines aren't enforcing this rule. Still, it could happen at any time.

Hi,

I see you are from the US, things are a little different for us in OZ, they allow us to email not fax for Princess and P&O etc

Done it a few times, my Princess planner at head office in Sydney said they have a separate email for shareholders for Princess and she said the email I used was for Carnival.

I posted here in the Australia NZ board for those that book and cruise from Australia.

After we first became shareholders we faxed the details to obtain the OBC, but after a few cruises, the HAL person who deals with the OBC, told us to apply through our Travel Agent, which we have now done for several cruises.

We have to give our Travel Agent the proof of owning the shares.

I found Carnival very quick to respond too, quicker than Princess. We booked our recent Carnival cruise two weeks before the departure date and I was concerned we wouldn't get the OBC on time. But Carnival responded within a week, Princess takes 2-3 weeks.

You do have to send it to the right email address though.

As Cheznandy mentioned, Carnival is shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

Princess is defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au

Not really, just different priorities. They want - and need - to get the medallion right, as it impacts security, accounting, the customer experience of every single passenger onboard, plus brand image.

The form is just an admin function, which already has a working process, and is only for a limited number of passengers. Unless changing it results in some massive cost saving, or increase in revenue, it's not something that will get a lot of attention.

I sent an email in for a P&O cruise last week and had a response and the benefit applied within 30 mins ! Nearly fell off my chair.

Princess on the other hand took over a week and a few emails and finally one to Captain Circle rep. And that was to the defencebenefits email address ( for a cruise last November) . But all got sorted.

From memory my only Carnival cruise was painless in getting shareholder benefit :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't even log in to the new ANZ platform to get a statement for a Cunard cruise in April. Goodness knows where I send that one too. Shore excursions seem to be charged as P&O. Might try the works. Once I can log in.

I can't even log in to the new ANZ platform to get a statement for a Cunard cruise in April. Goodness knows where I send that one too.

For my upcoming Cunard, I sent it to the shareholding address as posted by OzKiwiJJ in post # 5.

Was processed within a couple of days.

I sent an email in for a P&O cruise last week and had a response and the benefit applied within 30 mins ! Nearly fell off my chair.

I've only ever applied for Carnival shares and they came through fairly quickly but I have a P&O UK domestic leg at the end of Feb so can you please tell me what email address you used for your P&O cruise?

Great responses everyone, looks like Carnival are the quickest to respond, we have only ever received the Shareholder benefit for Princess and the Princess Holiday planner has done it and applied the OBC same day.

Thanks for emails contacts OzKiwi:)

Like Gratuities, Insurance, Booking conditions, prices, beverage packages and the changes on a ship when it is in Australia, applying for Shareholder benefits is a different procedure for us here in OZ where we are not required to fax:)

I am so glad that CC gave us this board, we used to be called P&O, then when all the other cruise lines began coming here, it all got too confusing when asking questions on the relevant cruiseline board, as the ship changed prodedures and inclusions when here, so a lot of confusion.

So many people offer great relevant and recent info on many cruiseline and ships that sail here, so thank you all:D

Edited by cheznandy

We sent off for OBC last week, it was at lunchtime on the Monday and the OBC for two separate cruises have been received by 10am Tuesday morning.

We use all the email addresses when sending off (we CC the second two).

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au

info@princesscruises.com.au

We sent off for OBC last week, it was at lunchtime on the Monday and the OBC for two separate cruises have been received by 10am Tuesday morning.

We use all the email addresses when sending off (we CC the second two).

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au

info@princesscruises.com.au

Cruising on which ships, Mic?

Pushka, this thread might be of interest to you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2357964

Yes thankyou. That matches my situation perfectly. I tried faxing directly to Cunard but it gave up after five tries. I did get OBC as part of the booking which matches the experience in that thread. Thankyou for finding it. It does not state that OBC is not combinable with other promos.

I have sent it off again requesting proof that I don't receive it.

I booked directly off the Cunard site. No TA involved.

Edited by Pushka

Yes thankyou. That matches my situation perfectly. I tried faxing directly to Cunard but it gave up after five tries. I did get OBC as part of the booking which matches the experience in that thread. Thankyou for finding it. It does not state that OBC is not combinable with other promos.

I have sent it off again requesting proof that I don't receive it.

I booked directly off the Cunard site. No TA involved.

Yes, I thought the Carnival shareholder OBC was combinable.....I know some TA's book special fares, group bookings etc, and a lot of travellers do not know they are on "special" fares, but in your case you booked direct so that is not the issue.

Send it through to a couple of the emails listed above, fingers crossed.

I booked a sale fare with Princess last cruise, received Shareholder OBC, FCD OBC and Princess sale OBC.

We were not shareholders when we cruised with Cunard in 2009.

Pushka, I just found this very recent thread on the Cunard board by Eileen (BillyandCharliesmum)

Appears she contacted Cunard after it was rejected and her and her TA were at a loss as to why......Cunard/Carnival have given the OBC!!!

Lets face.....every cruise is on sale, who pays the "brochure" price these days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2439973

Edit.....I just read further and realise you have posted on that thread so know about it.

Edited by cheznandy