Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks?

mississauga

I have read on a few threads that some ships have a happy hour 3-4 and then again late at night when you can get 2 drinks for the price of 1?

Is this on all ships and especially on the Royal as we are going on her in less than 2 weeks? If it is on the Royal, what are the hours and which location?

Has anyone been on the Royal and has info on this?

Thank you in advance.

I have read on a few threads that some ships have a happy hour 3-4 and then again late at night when you can get 2 drinks for the price of 1?

Is this on all ships and especially on the Royal as we are going on her in less than 2 weeks?

Don't know about the Royal, but it is on the Emerald.

891112069111214HappyHouratExplorersLoungtebarDSC02566_zpsd3f06b59.jpg

891113024111314HappyHouratSkywalkersDSC02722_zps3e968722.jpg

I have found in the past on various ships that the happy hour isn't particularly well publicised, and it is easier just to go to a bar and ask the barperson - if the first one you ask doesn't know, try a different bar.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency across the fleet for what and when reduced price drinks might be on offer.

It was on the Royal. The beverage manager told us it had started early October and was being pushed out fleet wide. It was extremely popular!

On the Royal it was in Crooners from 3-4. And Club 6 from 11- midnight

Some People asked for 3 bottles of beer and then got three free and took these away rather than buy the beer buckets. Some brought their princess blue bags down. To carry them back to the room! Lol.

Drinks need to be the same. Buy one specific drink get one free. I got the small bottles of Korbel and then took some back to my room for sailaway. The bar staff will leave bottles/cans unopened if asked to do so.

It was advertised in the Patter each day.

Edited by jackieo

It was on the Royal. The beverage manager told us it had started early October and was being pushed out fleet wide. It was extremely popular!

Some People asked for 3 bottles of beer and then got three free and took these away rather than buy the beer buckets. Some brought their princess blue bags down. To carry them back to the room! Lol.

Drinks need to be the same. Buy one specific drink get one free. I got the small bottles of Korbel and then took some back to my room for sailaway. The bar staff will leave bottles/cans unopened if asked to do so.

Thanks Jackie O.

As I understand it, I could attend the Happy Hour and get canned drinks to put in my cabin fridge for drinking overnight? I do understand that I would need to budget for the drinks, the Soda and More Package would not be applicable, but with only 2 nights, my budget can manage nicely. I have some microwave mugs with clip-on lids, so could organise juice to keep the non-alcoholic fluids flowing. I'm notorious for waking in the early hours with an attack of the munchies-advise on here about getting a glass of milk from room service, and someone on another forum recommended getting something from the International Café to deal with the 2 AM nibble attack!

I have said it before, and will repeat it-this Forum is an absolute GOLD MINE of information! I honestly believe no question is too challenging, a Forum member will have encountered the problem and know what to advise doing!

I'm still about 17 months out from cruising, but having lots of fun planning, and organising things. Government ID requirements were satisfied Thursday, should have the document in 2-4 weeks.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Thank you jackieo! Just the info I was looking for. DH will be very happy to hear this.

Crochetcruise, you are so right. Need an answer. Ask on CC and you will get the answer or just keep reading and one can lesrn so much.

Edited by mississauga

Is a can of soda included in the two for one?

This is just what hubby was asking me ... we have 3 bottles of rum for the room but no way to get any pop before we board the ship. We are going to get some beer at the happy hour but would like to get our diet coke also.

Is the fridge stocked, like a hotel room fridge, with soft drinks for purchase by the room occupant? Not yet cruised, know Suites and Elites get a mini bar set-up, but not sure about soft drinks in the fridge. No worries! Someone on Cruise Critic Forums will have the information for you!

Edited by crochetcruise
Spelling error *rueful grin*

Is the fridge stocked, like a hotel room fridge, with soft drinks for purchase by the room occupant? Not yet cruised, know Suites and Elites get a mini bar set-up, but not sure about soft drinks in the fridge. No worries! Someone on Cruise Critic Forums will have the information for you!

For non-elites and non-suites, there will usually be several cans of soda in the fridge and a water bottle on top of it, all for sale.

I have found in the past on various ships that the happy hour isn't particularly well publicised, and it is easier just to go to a bar and ask the barperson - if the first one you ask doesn't know, try a different bar.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency across the fleet for what and when reduced price drinks might be on offer.

We had it on the Crown. It is twice a day and is printed in the Patter.

There were about 4 cans of soft drinks and a big bottle of water in the fridge on the crown. There was also a hang tag on the door if you wanted to get more of a specific type. Bottles of water in 2 sizes were also available on the room service menu.

Lol .. we ordered it from Princess ...it will be in our room when we get there ...we dont smuggle ...the stress would be too much for me.

Good for you! 😂

You'll get a card in your cabin. Then, call room service and they will bring your rum to you.

No, I don't smuggle either, the stress is too much and with the recent crackdown... Not worth it!

..... sooo , is that a YES, that soft drinks are included on the 2 or 1??

We don't really know as most, if not all, go for alcoholic drinks...

Seems the Happy Hour specials would be of little interest to those buying the "All Inclusive Beverage Stickers" except to make our favorite bars more crowded. :o

LuLu

Lulu, this is just for an hour... :confused: and not everyone can afford the all inclusive beverage package! Please keep it in mind.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

For non-elites and non-suites, there will usually be several cans of soda in the fridge and a water bottle on top of it, all for sale.

Thanks Caribill, that's another piece of useful information-I don't need to carry a drink with me so I can get to the cabin and take medication if needed, there's a drink available to me, just budget for it!

My intention is to go straight to the cabin, and check the Patter, then head out to find some lunch! I will have the camera with me, but might concentrate on basically finding my bearings as a priority (famed in the family for having NO reliable sense of direction!) If anyone gets lost in the main street of their hometown, it's me!

There were about 4 cans of soft drinks and a big bottle of water in the fridge on the crown. There was also a hang tag on the door if you wanted to get more of a specific type. Bottles of water in 2 sizes were also available on the room service menu.

Thank you! Even MORE specific detailed information with details of how to get additional supplies-great help!

This is a brand new adventure for me, and I'm having lots of fun in the planning.

Have been sorting through my wardrobe, and I could probably pack the case right now! AND I have a big bag to go down to the charity shop within a block's walk of me, with still more clothing to be checked, noted if to be kept, or packed for disposal.

Have a list of essential purchases to be budgeted for-next biggie is the cruise deposit; International Travel Insurance; airfare to port of embarkation the day before (unfamiliar city so not trusting myself on the day, and I don't think the flight time is suitable anyway, not a good service coverage with only 1 airline!); hotel accommodation; then flight from Sydney to Adelaide and overnight accommodation as I'll probably be too late for safely getting the connecting flight home; and the flight home: international power adaptors (2 different US plugs seen, so buying both); and a new camera with an extra battery and memory cards to document as much as possible!

This is just what hubby was asking me ... we have 3 bottles of rum for the room but no way to get any pop before we board the ship. We are going to get some beer at the happy hour but would like to get our diet coke also.

I was under the impression that soft drinks were permitted to be brought on board the Princess fleet and also bottled water. If I'm incorrect someone please chime in to save me some trouble. (Have a December Island Princess cruise planned.)