Not Yacht Club access for the largest suites, why?

sverigecruiser

What on NCL do you compare to the Crown Loft Suite? I guess it must be at least an Owner Suite and then 2000 USD extra doesn't sound too bad.

I can understand that the pricedifference can be very big during special weeks, like during spring break or over Christmas, but 3000 USD extra for the Haven compared to YC for a normal summerweek is too much, I think.

DH and I have discussed YC vs. Haven for the past 2 days (currently on the Divina in the YC). While the YC has some really good features, we both prefer the Haven. DH doesn't want to sail MSC again, but I'm open to it. DH is the "thrifty" one and for him to say he's willing to spend more for the Haven says a lot. I hope to have the time once we're back home to write what we feel are the pros and cons between the two...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Yacht Club seems to sell out very early and that might be a problem is we like our cruise and decide that MSC is what we want in the future. We always book early but that the Yacht Club already is sold out for some cruises 2018 is very early. Maybe it's better for us if the prices go up, and little.

FYI we currently have a royal suite booked for Seaside's May 26th sailing next year, which we're most likely going to cancel. I will post here if/when we do if anyone is interested.

DH and I have discussed YC vs. Haven for the past 2 days (currently on the Divina in the YC). While the YC has some really good features, we both prefer the Haven. DH doesn't want to sail MSC again, but I'm open to it. DH is the "thrifty" one and for him to say he's willing to spend more for the Haven says a lot. I hope to have the time once we're back home to write what we feel are the pros and cons between the two...

I really hope that you find some time to write about the pros and cons between the two. If not, can you give a quick explanation why you prefer the Haven?

I really hope that you find some time to write about the pros and cons between the two. If not, can you give a quick explanation why you prefer the Haven?

I'm also interested in hearing your reasons. We sail in the Haven and I have looked at the Yacht Club. It does seem strange that they are taking suites out of the YC. I'm not only paying for the space, I'm paying for all the benefits that come with it. Those benefits are what is keeping me at NCL for the time being.

Can you give us an update of your likes/dislikes of the YC and Haven?

I'm also interested in hearing your reasons. We sail in the Haven and I have looked at the Yacht Club. It does seem strange that they are taking suites out of the YC. I'm not only paying for the space, I'm paying for all the benefits that come with it. Those benefits are what is keeping me at NCL for the time being.

The suits referred to in title were never in the YC. MSC has always had two types of suites. YC and Auria, each type of suites have different perks. For instance the Duplex suite has a large sundeck and private jacuzzi, drinks package, spa access, free massage x2. YC previously had drinks restricted to YC area only, and access to a shared private pool deck. There are other differences in the amenities too.

I'm booked in to a Auria suite this September & we are really looking forward to it. We looked at the different cabins and perks and decided we preferred the Auria suit.

I think it's good that MSC offers different types of suites, to passengers choice, not everyone likes the same things after all.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Edited by kerryincork

Were in Duplex suite 9001 at the beginning of August so will let you know what its like KerryinCork. Seemed a great choice for a family and very reasonable cost wise. Aurea also gives adults access to the separate sundeck pool ( rather than paying ).

Were in Duplex suite 9001 at the beginning of August so will let you know what its like KerryinCork. Seemed a great choice for a family and very reasonable cost wise. Aurea also gives adults access to the separate sundeck pool ( rather than paying ).

Thanks, I had read there was access to private sundeck, but I've looked at deck plans and can't figure where it is!

Can't wait for the ship to sail so I can start watching videos and photos 😊😉

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Need to bear in mind that even though you're getting an upgrade on the room (from an msc perspective) typically you don't get the benefits. May be worth checking with your agent or direct first. Personally I'd keep my duplex unless we got the benefits of yacht club as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a duplex suite 12 day Northern Europe now showing yacht club deluxe available what to do ? smaller suite with 2 kids 12 and 15 or bigger suite no yacht club

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw that too. We have a duplex on the same cruise. I decided since it's such a port intensive cruise, I'm going to keep the duplex. I think we will appreciate the extra space for the 4 of us and 2 bathrooms more than the YC amenities.

Edited by hencoll

We are on the June 24, 2018 cruise too.

We are big fans of the Haven and almost all of our NCL cruises have been in 2 bedroom Haven suites but the pricing recently is getting out of hand. Most of our other cruises on Disney were concierge suites as well and their prices are outrageous. I just don't see the value in it for port intensive cruises. We are taking our first MSC cruise in the YC for Spring Break 2018, it will be nice to compare to NCL's and DCL's suite perks.

Hi there, we have cruised previoously in the Penthouse suite on Celebrity Constellation and NCL Epic's Haven s 2 Bed Family Suite. I enjoyed all of these but this year the pricing as you say, was bonkers. £10-13K for the same rooms again, which last time were £6K. So this year in August for the first time we are trying MSC Splkendida's Royal Yacht Club Suite. This is their largest in the YC area but half the price of NCL. I hope it works out!

I enjoyed the Haven concept so hopefully the YC will be similar. I enjoyed not having ot go far to find our private pool and breakfast area on NCL Epic. We loved the restaurant in the Haven as it was chilled and had a great view.

I'd be keen to hear yourt thoughts.

We are on the June 24, 2018 cruise too.

We are big fans of the Haven and almost all of our NCL cruises have been in 2 bedroom Haven suites but the pricing recently is getting out of hand. Most of our other cruises on Disney were concierge suites as well and their prices are outrageous. I just don't see the value in it for port intensive cruises. We are taking our first MSC cruise in the YC for Spring Break 2018, it will be nice to compare to NCL's and DCL's suite perks.

Hi there, we have cruised previoously in the Penthouse suite on Celebrity Constellation and NCL Epic's Haven s 2 Bed Family Suite. I enjoyed all of these but this year the pricing as you say, was bonkers. £10-13K for the same rooms again, which last time were £6K. So this year in August for the first time we are trying MSC Splkendida's Royal Yacht Club Suite. This is their largest in the YC area but half the price of NCL. I hope it works out!

I enjoyed the Haven concept so hopefully the YC will be similar. I enjoyed not having ot go far to find our private pool and breakfast area on NCL Epic. We loved the restaurant in the Haven as it was chilled and had a great view.

I'd be keen to hear yourt thoughts.

I have also wondered why the big suites don't have access to the YC. Maybe MSC should adopt a similar process like RCCL on the Oasis Class ships. While the difffferent suites are part of one of three suite levels, Star, Sky or Sea, all have different amenity levels. Yet those staying in the big suites from Grand Suite and above have access to the Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen Restaurant and the special Sun Deck area. The Presidential Suite , Owners Suite and Grand Suites are not close to the Suite Lounge or KC but access is via your Sea Pass Card. I think MSC could do something similar with YC and Aurea Class.

• 1 month later...

I think MSC is doing exactly the right thing; with MSC you only pay for only what is important to you. If all you really care about are perks, you can book a Yacht Club inside room. If it is more important to have a large suite, you can book an Aurea suite. If both are important to you (and price isn't!) you can book a Yacht Club Royal Suite. You get what you are willing to pay for, no more and no less. I wish Royal Caribbean would offer an opportunity to purchase Star Class service without having to book a room that is larger than I really want. MSC does exactly that. Well almost exactly; MSC Yacht Club perks are not exactly the same as RCCL Star Class perks.

I think MSC is doing exactly the right thing; with MSC you only pay for only what is important to you. If all you really care about are perks, you can book a Yacht Club inside room. If it is more important to have a large suite, you can book an Aurea suite. If both are important to you (and price isn't!) you can book a Yacht Club Royal Suite. You get what you are willing to pay for, no more and no less. I wish Royal Caribbean would offer an opportunity to purchase Star Class service without having to book a room that is larger than I really want. MSC does exactly that. Well almost exactly; MSC Yacht Club perks are not exactly the same as RCCL Star Class perks.

"you can book a yacht club royal suite...." try & find one available.

For the past few years, the yacht club was like a special secret. Now the word is out . For the price, the is nothing else like it at sea.

We have always traveled in the yacht club 2 or yacht club 3 (royal suite).

We just booked the Seaside for the beginning of next year & had trouble finding a yc1 available !

I disagree. I have booked the RYC Suite and did so after taking into account a number of factors.

Not least being a couple of reviews from folks who had taken the YC rooms that are not located as part of the YC "hub" or locus. Those reviews left the travellers feeling somewhat neglected as the concierge services, butlers and facilities are all elsewhere. For the YC experience to work they do need those rooms closely physically located or it would be very difficult to manage from a logistics and ensuring consistency.

If the butlers etc are located on another floor it would be harder for them to be as responsive, whilst being unobtrusive as they can be when they can monitor people coming and going in the one area. I think MSC are doing the right thing by not watering down their YC experience.

I have sailed with NCL and Celebrity. I believe NCL are watering down their Haven experience by opening it up to access from other parts of the ship. To me as a Haven user that really puts me off and sort of eliminates the reason why I chose to be in the secluded Haven in the first place. Having a number of option for folks I think is the best way to go forward to ensure best customer satisfaction.

MSC are developing a USP around their YC, something others are losing.

"you can book a yacht club royal suite...." try & find one available.

My experience is that you can usually find most room categories available as long as you are able to book far enough in advance. For example, right now, all 3 categories of Yacht Club rooms show on the MSC web site as being available for the Seaside on August 25, 2018 (16.5 months from now). Of course, August 25 is during hurricane season. For a more in-demand season, I booked a January 20, 2018 cruise 11 months ago on May 2, 2016 (20.5 months in advance). At that time, all YC room categories were available. Even now (9 months in advance), YC1s are still available for that cruise but YC3s and YINs are sold out.

Edited by actuarian

I believe NCL are watering down their Haven experience by opening it up to access from other parts of the ship. To me as a Haven user that really puts me off and sort of eliminates the reason why I chose to be in the secluded Haven in the first place.
I disagree.

What is hurting the Haven (other than the price increases) is the number of people in the Haven, not where their staterooms are. Nobody in the courtyard cares if someone else walked from downstairs or from the rear of the ship to get to the Haven.

As for butler service, the butler who works the aft suites only works that area. He might be good or bad but he isn't neglecting those in the aft to serve those in the Haven complex.

But you can not book the largest suite and get access to the YC.

They could have the option book the largest suite and YC access or book the largest suite but not YC access.

MSC has the option to book a small suite and still get YC access but not to book the largest suite and get access to the YC, I think that is very strange.

They could have the option book the largest suite and YC access or book the largest suite but not YC access.

MSC has the option to book a small suite and still get YC access but not to book the largest suite and get access to the YC, I think that is very strange.

MSC just decided to do so. You may think of this as strange, others may not think so.

AFAIK when starting the yacht club on Fantasia Class ships, they had more suites with access to YC, but not in the YC, on the lower decks 9-11. This suites have since then been changed to aurea (without access to YC).

Whatever was the reason for this change, the same reaseons may apply to the decision of making the duplex suite aurea rather than YC.

Starting the yacht club on Fantasia Class ships, they had more suites with access to YC, but not in the YC, on the lower decks 9-11. This suites have since then been changed to aurea (without access to YC).

Whatever was the reason for this change, the same reaseons may apply to the decision of making the duplex suite aurea rather than YC.

The biggest difference between this and my thoughts is that those suites are not the biggest suites on the ship.

Obviously not everyone agree with me and that's okay but I still think that it's very strange that MSC doesn't give YC access to the biggest suites on a new ship.

Size is not everything...

Biggest yacht club suites on meraviglia are 56 sqm, aurea duplex suites are 59 sqm. Not much of a difference, I'd say (approximately the second bathroom, which comes together with a minimum occupancy of 3 pax for the duplex suites - so yacht club offers still the most space per person).