Concerned about Eclipse Aqua cabin 1548 we've booked

GeorgiaPeach51

We have booked our very first Aqua cabin for an Eclipse Scandinavia/Russia cruise in 2016. It's cabin 1548, starboard side and after peering at the deck plans, in spite of thinking we might have chosen a quiet location, I'm now concerned there may be noise above, which I understand can be an issue with Aqua cabins--at least some of them.

I looked at the S class sticky for info and there is only one notation that there was noise above, like a rolling cart. The room is below some kind of shop and appears to be at the very end of the pool area, close to the hair salon and a shop. Anyone have any idea what is there? Is it the Spa Shop? We were on an S class years ago, and I have no memory of how it actually looks. I even went through all the great photos posted recently of the refurbed Eclipse and still can't figure out what's actually there in relation to where we are.

Does anyone have info or suggestions as to what the noise issues might be? We just returned from a great Alaska cruise on the Millie, our second trip on her. For the first time ever, I was wakened by noise above every single night....the sounds of running or hurrying feet and drawers opening and closing. There were cabins above us, so for the life of me I can't figure out how any human can run in a cabin without grievous bodily injury! :rolleyes: Anyway, it has now made me doubt our choice...

BUT, I' so excited to finally be trying Aqua and going back to S class after 4 M class in a row....just want to change if we have put ourselves in a bad location.

Thanks in advance for any input you can give!

Carefully compare the deck plans for 11 and 12 with reference to the forward stairs (to line them up). It looks to me like you are just aft of the "retail" area and under the very beginning of the pool area. The pool area is known as a source of noise, but your cabin is tucked under a corner so they may not scrape loungers over your head.

Many thanks to ClaudiaB and to ChezMaryLou--it's not on a hump, Claudia...past it; and if it's a men's salon area, that sounds hopeful....thank you for replying!

How kind of you, JazzBeau, to take the time look at it and make the comparison...it does appear that above us is either the very edge of the shop or just a corner of the pool area, where hopefully, there won't be pool chairs dragging above us....unless someone chooses to wedge into that corner!

Although, I can see that there could be rolling towel cart noise in the mornings...I guess we'll stay where we are and roll the dice. It should probably be quiet at night, I would think. When we return I'll post my opinion on the cabin sticky for the next customer to need to know.

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate you.

Looks like you are in an A2. There are also A2 cabin available aft of the midship hump, which are surrounded by passenger cabins. If not too late, I would ask to be switched to one of those cabins. Just my opinion!

GeorgiaPeach 51

We were in 1547 on the Eclipse a few years ago and were very happy with the room. I am not a deep sleeper, matter of fact I usually hear pretty much everything going on! Never heard anything above us at all with the exception of disembarkation morning. I think that's the cruise we heard chairs being moved. I get more aggravated with the door slammers in the morning, and there actually weren't many of them. I don't think you will have any worries at all! Enjoy wherever you book! :)

Edited by islandgirlejfan

The tension on the door closers is so tight so when a person leaves the cabin, it will close automatically and lock, thus creating a slamming noise-- it's not like physically slamming the door on purpose.

This does create a problem on the S-Class ships with the alcove and the two doors and cabins side by side. You have to make a concerted effort to hold the door when it closes and then pull it shut so it locks, thus not making a slamming noise.

My guess is that 90% of folks leaving their stateroom allow the door to close automatically on its own, causing a bit of noise for the folks next door. :eek:

I haven't been in 1548 but I have been in 1550. It's under the "Retail" area in the spa so there is no reason for noise at odd hours. It's a very quiet, convenient location. If you enjoy the Persian Garden, there's a circular staircase that goes from near your cabin directly up to that area of the spa. You're also a quick walk from the Relaxation Lounge.

Thanks, 2theship; discussed with my husband. He wants to be near the fitness center vs moving to more of the middle of the ship, so I'm going to ask to move up a little, to 1546 or 1544 so we're squarely under the shop/salon rather than half in and out of the pool deck. I think that spot COULD be a spot where they might park towel trolleys, etc, or possibly stack loungers.

Appreciate your response...and didn't realize those were circular stairs to the Persian Gardens, which we have never used, but are intrigued about. Even though it's more than a year out, we love having that carrot out there... :)

I think I'm the one who wrote the review you refer to.

We heard that rolling cart noise around 7 in the morning.

I think that cabin is just under the entrance to the Solarium Pool and the rolling cart was bringing fresh towels (from what I observed later in the day ) .

Our last 2 cruises have been in 1544 , which is under the Spa store, and it's totally silent there. Is that available for your cruise?

If not, the noise wasn't awful - just an annoyance,

EDIT: I don't know if you care but 1544 and 1548 have the bed near the balcony, which we LOVE.

1546 will have the bed near the bath.

I like the front location so we can hear the waves hitting the front of the ship. It's almost as good as being totally aft (I was under the impression that there are no Aqua class cabins on the aft).

I have also thought about booking cabin 1540 to be even more forward.

Edited by chamima

Thanks Rob and Karen....we moved to 1546 this morning. It's half under the Spa Store and half under the hair salon, (and zero under the pool deck) so it seems that it will be quiet. Thanks much for your input.

We actually have always had the bed by the bathroom on Celebrity, and both like not having to climb past the bed to get to the balcony...and of course, the proximity in the night, being closer to the bathroom helps with not stubbing toes on furniture. Nice that we all have options, right!

I'm relieved to have that little flurry over with...I would have HATED being woken up at 7 each morning!

Appreciate each and every one of you who responded and helped us with our decision. :)

• 2 years later...
Thanks Rob and Karen....we moved to 1546 this morning. It's half under the Spa Store and half under the hair salon, (and zero under the pool deck) so it seems that it will be quiet. Thanks much for your input.

We actually have always had the bed by the bathroom on Celebrity, and both like not having to climb past the bed to get to the balcony...and of course, the proximity in the night, being closer to the bathroom helps with not stubbing toes on furniture. Nice that we all have options, right!

I'm relieved to have that little flurry over with...I would have HATED being woken up at 7 each morning!

Appreciate each and every one of you who responded and helped us with our decision. :)

I know this thread is two years old. I am curious about your experience in 1546. We are booked in the same cabin for our Baltic cruise next summer and I keep second guessing myself about this cabin. We also like having the bed by the bathroom which is the reason I chose 1546 over the other cabins in that general area. Only one cabin remains open and it is 1544. I am wondering whether I should move to 1544 so that we are a little further from the elevators. I f you see this post, I'd appreciate your feedback.

We always stay in 1552 on an S class and have never heard any noise so I doubt 1548 will hear any.

Have a great cruise

Thank you. We've been in AQ only once before while on Reflection. I chose a cabin on deck 11 in order to avoid the "under the pool deck" concerns. It does seem that many of the AQ have one issue or another (I.e. Noise from above, vents, window cleaning equipment). I guess that is why Celebrity created a great marketing strategy in the form of Aqua Class and it's perks.