MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I'm still waiting for the Aft Cabin pics. I'm booked in one June 2018. They're listed as 274 sq ft. I really want to see the layout since it's just 1 open room. I wonder if the bathroom is larger?

I'm still waiting for the Aft Cabin pics. I'm booked in one June 2018. They're listed as 274 sq ft. I really want to see the layout since it's just 1 open room. I wonder if the bathroom is larger?

That is what we are waiting on also. If not I will post ones as soon as I can after our cruise. We are booked in an aft Balcony for the TA to the USA.

Gerry

According to our updated booking confirmation for December 23 rd it says the Aft Suite is 22 sq metres and the Bathroom 4 Sq metres, 236 and 43 sq feet.

We will have to wait and see ... :cool:

According to our updated booking confirmation for December 23 rd it says the Aft Suite is 22 sq metres and the Bathroom 4 Sq metres, 236 and 43 sq feet.

So the Aft Suite is actually larger than the Yacht Club Deluxe Suite by by 10 sq feet (if you can go by MSC which is questionable).

I'm still curious about the Yacht Club Interior Suite. I think it's a stretch to call it a suite but that is beside the point. MSC has it as 226 sq ft. So larger than the average balcony cabin.

The bathrooms on both the Aft Suite and YC Interior Suite are 43 sq ft, so just the standard pre-fab bathroom type found in every other standard cabin. Maybe the finish will be a bit nicer, but the size will be standard.

Ernie ... We will have to wait and see I guess or until MSC deem us lowly passengers worthy of publishing the actual dimensions of the Aft and other cabins and Suites.

They have been very very poor with information compared to the likes of P and O and Princess with regards to New build details.

I just checked out the details on Cruise Deck Plans and the YC Inside is shown as 182 sq feet, the deck 9 Aurea suites as 178 sq feet with 80 sq feet balcony, no current size for the Aft Suites. The B3 Aurea Balcony is also shown as 178 sq feet and 48 sq feet balcony.

In the S3 Aurea suite details they show an image of the balconies.

I just checked out the details on Cruise Deck Plans and the YC Inside is shown as 182 sq feet, the deck 9 Aurea suites as 178 sq feet with 80 sq feet balcony, no current size for the Aft Suites. The B3 Aurea Balcony is also shown as 178 sq feet and 48 sq feet balcony.

In the S3 Aurea suite details they show an image of the balconies.

Their information is only as good as what MSC provides.

I rounded up the Sq Meters of the YC Interior Suite to 183 sq ft (17 Sq meters), but the deck plan site is not including the space for the bathroom which is an additional 43 sq feet according to MSC, so 226 sq feet total.

As you say, time will tell. I honestly don't think we will get any answers until the first cruise passengers sail.

MSC really hasn't even mentioned the Zip Lines yet, and I wonder what else might be onboard that hasn't been mentioned yet?

My booking confirmation says the same thing. But if you do a mock booking today for the Aft cabins, the stateroom details show 274 sq ft. I guess it could be the total sq ft. 236+43 is close. If it is 236 with the Bathroom included, I'll be a little disappointed.

My booking confirmation says the same thing. But if you do a mock booking today for the Aft cabins, the stateroom details show 274 sq ft. I guess it could be the total sq ft. 236+43 is close. If it is 236 with the Bathroom included, I'll be a little disappointed.

My understanding is that the size of the stateroom is called "surface," which includes the size of the bathroom (not the veranda). If that is correct, the size of the bathroom is posted merely for reference.

Do you mean the Aurea aft suites? If so, they are more than one open room.

Do you mean the Aurea aft suites? If so, they are more than one open room.

You may want to go back to the previous page and read post 1185 and 1187 that talks about those Aurea Aft Suites. There is a believe that they are a one open room unless I read it wrong.

You may want to go back to the previous page and read post 1185 and 1187 that talks about those Aurea Aft Suites. There is a believe that they are a one open room unless I read it wrong.

That was my take also. There is no partition for a separate Bedroom. I think we all need the pics.

ER ... The UK site is quite vague with regard to the Suite sizes because it gives two figures that covers all of the Suites, Aurea, Fantastica and the Whirlpool SJ3, the descriptions are too generic, as we can all see from the Deck plans which appear to show the Aft suites as being 1.5 times the width of the other cabins alongside them plus the width of the hallway.

One of the Senior customer service supervisors I spoke to who has been with MSC for around 12 years recently told me that the Aft suites will be one room.

I believe that there has been an issue with an alternator and its load sharing capability, it is hopeful that it will be resolved today.

Thanks everyone for this information.

Spent a quiet morning reading this entire thread. Very interesting and informative. Really excited about this ship, so much so that we are cancelling our trip on the NCL Gem to go on her for our 20th Anniversary celebration.

Now, just need to decide what cabin. Decisions, decisions.

I am part of the group of guests booked on the Seaside through that T/A. After reading your message, I looked at the floorplan again. MEA CULPA :eek: my mistake :halo: ! I initially saw a separate (second) bedroom ... but looking at it again, I realize the second bedroom is the neighboring stateroom. With all of the sketch lines, it's a little hard to decipher, but I realized my mistake when I saw reference to the stateroom numbers. Add to that, the last three staterooms on the aft end of either side of the ship have their entrance at different locations.

... we are cancelling our trip on the NCL Gem to go on her for our 20th Anniversary celebration.

Now, just need to decide what cabin. Decisions, decisions.

Since you were booked on NCL, I assume you're familiar with the Haven. MSC's equivalent, the Yacht Club would be very appropriate for your anniversary. If money is an issue, they do have inside options besides balcony. And drinks are included over the entire ship as of last April. . Good luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Add to that, the last three staterooms on the aft end of either side of the ship have their entrance at different locations.

SD ... Is this refering to the deck plans or the drawing that supposedly exists mentioned by "renysmom" ?

Since you were booked on NCL, I assume you're familiar with the Haven. MSC's equivalent, the Yacht Club would be very appropriate for your anniversary. If money is an issue, they do have inside options besides balcony. And drinks are included over the entire ship as of last April. . Good luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Thanks, we chose the July 28 sailing to the Western Caribbean in a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite. Since its our anniversary, we decided to spoil ourselves. Very excited!

Add to that, the last three staterooms on the aft end of either side of the ship have their entrance at different locations.

SD ... Is this refering to the deck plans or the drawing that supposedly exists mentioned by "renysmom" ?

Sid - I am looking at the same sketch-plan referenced by Renysmom (we are in the same cruise group). I am calling it a sketch-plan. It looks like a copy of a blue-print, perhaps drawn (sketched) by an engineer ... not likely something created by marketing or similar department.

FWIW, I am booked in an S2 suite.