Room Availability

We booked Adventure leaving from San Juan February 2018 two or three months ago.

Is it feasible that currently they are almost sold out? We keep a watch on prices and they are insane at the moment.

Friends are thinking of going with us. I checked prices and then the availability to see if that was the reason for the ridiculous pricing. It shows a very small amount of balcony and even inside rooms available. I am talking less than a dozen each.

Is this possible?

We also have a cruise booked in February 2019 on the Symphony due to wanting to book early in hopes that the pricing is decent. This is so unlike what we are used to and booking a year in advance with still having plenty of options and good pricing.

I shouldn't be surprised by the pricing but I was. Those southern itineraries sell fast. We experienced it last year when we booked Adventure for this past March. I just booked a GS on Freedom for November 2018 for less than what there asking for a JS in February.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RCI's web site does NOT show all available cabins. Try another site for more accurate info. Try a large TA site.

This was not on the Royal Caribbean site. That is why it got me wondering if they hold blocks back to release at later dates.

Yes...travel agents will buy a "block" of cabins to re-sell....but I've found that the RCI site shows the "best" available at any given time. of course, THEIR idea of "best" might not be what you're looking for!

You never get to see how full their ships are as they don't want their competitors to know and adjust their pricing accordingly. The large and local TA are given much more information and special allotment given to them and also any block purchases by some TA. So best to check around with the TA.

We were just on the AOS a month ago for spring break. We booked a JS early for $2,550 and at one point they were going for over $6,200.. after final payment prices returned to sane levels in the low $3k range.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I usually book direct, and when they don't show a cabin in an area where I might like, I just call, and they give me the available cabins over the phone with no problem. If that's all that is available, they will tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I remember reading on these boards that RCCL stopped selling staterooms that sleep more than two passengers to parties of two, at least I guess until close to sail date. If a stateroom sleeps 4, they want 4 cruise fares. Hence the much more limited availability for parties of two.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

Adventure of the Seas is going back to dry dock to finish refurb from Jan 13 to Feb 10th. That may be an issue with your sailing.

*edit* The press release says Jan 13 to Feb 10 sailings, so the first sailing after refurb might be Feb 17.

I think I remember reading on these boards that RCCL stopped selling staterooms that sleep more than two passengers to parties of two, at least I guess until close to sail date. If a stateroom sleeps 4, they want 4 cruise fares. Hence the much more limited availability for parties of two.

They are still very inconsistent with this "rule".

We currently have 2, 2 BR Aqua Theater Suites booked and there are just 2 of us. We also have a Royal Loft Suite booked for just the 2 of us. So while they are more restrictive than they have been in the past, you can still catch a "big" suite out there in general inventory from time-to-time.

We are looking to book a cruise next spring and have been experiencing the same "sold out" or limited cabin availability. So I asked the same question to a friend who works for a huge online vacation company. She told me that it could either be a large group has reserved them or the travel sites reserve large amount of cabins to sell. Unsold cabins have to be released 6 months before the cruise and some will release them long before that, so keep checking for availability.