Azamara 2019 Prices

AllisonJames

We are shortly going on our 17th Azamara cruise (with another booked in 2018) but agree that prices have risen - if they can fill the ships at such a high price, they have no incentive to charge lower prices! It is for this reason we have booked a Seabourn cruise in the Med for next Summer. We were looking at a B2B of 14 nights on Azamara (which is our cruiseline of choice) but a 14 night Med cruise on Seabourn was considerably cheaper. A verandah room on Seabourn worked out at £1300 less pp than a CC suite on Azamara. Of course we will not get the OBC we would get on Azamara but as we prefer to 'do our own thing' in the Med, we wouldn't use it for Land Discoveries. The other thing that helped our decision is that the Seabourn itinerary was much more interesting, visiting places in Greece, Croatia and Italy that we have never visited. This doesn't mean we will not book Azamara again but probably only when there is a good promotion. That being said, in Summer 2019, as there are only cruises to Alaska or Northern Europe, I imagine we will have to look elsewhere for our Summer Med cruise.

Thanks for your post, I am also looking around now for other cruise lines although I would have preferred Azamara. Viking looks interesting. Now I would check Seabourn.

Admittedly it's been years since our Seabourn cruise and it was on one of the original triplets but here's my thoughts -- Seabourn--more formal and dressy at night with actual formal nights; basic veranda staterooms significantly larger than Azamara; service a bit more obtrusive than A--i.e. they carry your plate from the buffet to your table which I personally found unnecessary; better caliber of wine and more fully AI for beverages on SB; guests a bit less outgoing and friendly than A; don't recall provided shuttles but we were in Caribbean so perhaps it's different in other locations; I think the food was slightly better on SB; we'd definitely cruise SB again and if we found a cruise that was the same cost or less than AZ would take it in a heartbeat but I do love the personality, charm, informality and friendliness of AZ and love the look and feel of Quest and Journey, they really scored a home run with the "reimagining"!

Hopefully, Azamara's Revenue Managers are paying attention to how increased prices are sendng fans of AZ into the arms of other cruise lines. We really enjoyed our Azamara cruise, but prices seem a little out of line lately. We've booked an Oceania and a Celebrity Cruise (in Aqua Class). Both are considerably less than comparable AZ cruises. Will look forward to the new price promotions on June 1 that Bonnie mentioned and hope to book another Azamara cruise.

Hopefully, Azamara's Revenue Managers are paying attention to how increased prices are sendng fans of AZ into the arms of other cruise lines. We really enjoyed our Azamara cruise, but prices seem a little out of line lately. We've booked an Oceania and a Celebrity Cruise (in Aqua Class). Both are considerably less than comparable AZ cruises. Will look forward to the new price promotions on June 1 that Bonnie mentioned and hope to book another Azamara cruise.

I am also waiting, I would rather book with Azamara for 2018. It would be also good to have an update of the cruises with solo discount, specially for the Quest.

We have booked a Silversea cruise for November this year. We are paying less per night for a veranda suite than Azamara are asking for an oceanview cabin in April 2019.

Isn't Silversea all inclusive? I saw one of their ships in several ports when we were on our Panama Canal cruise. It certainly perked my interest.

Been on Silversea twice once to the grand prix in Monaco and second time to South Africa and safari. Both holidays were amazing and they are all inclusive plus you have a Butler no matter which cabin you book but it is very expensive.

Isn't Silversea all inclusive? I saw one of their ships in several ports when we were on our Panama Canal cruise. It certainly perked my interest.

Our Silversea cruise doesn't include excursions and there is a charge for one of the specialty restaurants, but they have provided $1000 OBC.

Been on Silversea twice once to the grand prix in Monaco and second time to South Africa and safari. Both holidays were amazing and they are all inclusive plus you have a Butler no matter which cabin you book but it is very expensive.

The Amazon cruise we have booked with Silversea for November this year currently costs less per night than the Azamara cruise we would like to book for April 2019. We will have to see how the Silversea experience compares to Azamara.

Did you book directly through Silversea?

Yes. We booked directly with Silversea in June last year. We received a 10% discount for paying in full, along with a price guarantee (very unusual for a UK booking). A couple of months ago we noticed the fare had been reduced by about 5%, so we sent Silversea an email asking for a refund. They replied saying that we also qualified for their two category upgrade promotion. We kept the suite we had originally booked for the price of one two categories lower, resulting in a refund of about 25%.

Yes. We booked directly with Silversea in June last year. We received a 10% discount for paying in full, along with a price guarantee (very unusual for a UK booking). A couple of months ago we noticed the fare had been reduced by about 5%, so we sent Silversea an email asking for a refund. They replied saying that we also qualified for their two category upgrade promotion. We kept the suite we had originally booked for the price of one two categories lower, resulting in a refund of about 25%.

Wow! It sounds like a good deal. Congratulations!

Wonderful!

To those complaining how excessive Azamara's cruise prices have become (I tend to agree with you) the Revenue Managers are correct. They only have two small ships that are easy to fill. It's all you cheerleaders who sail Azamara excessively ( :D ) that caused your own problem. It's simply supply and demand. If they believe they can get it...and do...then they were correct. They can always adjust their prices downward if they're wrong and have a year or more to do it.

However demand is so high amongst many cruise lines that others are doing it too. I call it the greed factor. Don't worry the pendulum will eventually swing back.

• 10 months later...

I am a first time, maybe, Azamara customer, maybe.... but can not believe the massive price being charged... I was looking at 2019 and comparing 2 cruise both in June both to Norway only not Greenland or the like so same distances both the same ship, cruise 1 was 14 days and inside cabin started at $2900.00 fine and dandy, However, cruise 2, 17 days (only 3 days more and 3 ports more), was $7100 for a inside !!!!!!

I understand that fares go up for each year but why such a massive increase for the same ship, same year, same month same distances Thats more than double the 14 day cruise $211 a day more to be exact. Again same year, same ship, same ports, all in Norway, just 3 days different That is insane

When you add in air fare and normal extras and it comet to around $650 a day pp !!! I can sail Regent and Oceania for way less ...... Has any one seen these 2019 departures?????

I agree land trips are becoming much more valuable I just flew LAX to Paris, 8 days in France business class tix, 3 nights Paris hotels, car rental, hotels and meals for $28000.00 $350 a day all inclusive thats about 1/2 the cruise fare per day !!!

I can’t find any Azamara Norway cruises in June 2019. There is one to the Baltic that calls at Oslo, otherwise there is the 1 July Norway cruise on the Quest. That is priced at £5329 ($7099), no other Norway ones as far as I can see.

I agree this is expensive. We are booked on it, but used our 4 free nights that we got for going up to Discoverer level in LCV - that made it a reasonable price.

It seems to be rare for this cruise to be discounted at any point as it’s very popular.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My experience will not be out of place in all these postings, & I hope Azamara is listening! Our standard of The Best is Seabourn - but we felt that our deeply discounted cruise in 2010 was a once in a lifetime good deal & have found a home on Azamara & Oceania. Oceania will have seen the last of us after our October 2018 cruise as we just don't see that there is an advantage (for OUR taste - & to each his own!) but we really do like Azamara. In making plans for our next January/February cruise I just checked on Seabourn, & a comparable cabin on Seabourn is now cheaper on the itinerary we've chosen than Azamara would be.

I hope that the reviewer who felt that Seabourn would be too formal rethinks that, as Seabourn simply does everything right - a lot like Azamara! BUT...you get more for your money these days with Seabourn.

As your Mama told you back in high school, you better shop around! :D

Now here's a wild card for you...we are actually looking seriously at Regent Cruise Line, whose prices would have scared the stuffin' out of us years ago.

BUT WAIT - Regent's quite high high quoted price is truly all inclusive - all beverages at all times (like Az), AND for cruises outside the USA Business Class Air, AND for all cruises all the time shore excursions are also included.

So add it all up...Business Class Air to Barcelona + all shore excursions...I bet you'll find as we have that Regent is at least worth considering.

Has anybody done Regent & could comment?

Edited by shedridt
additional thought

We have taken three cruises with Regent and regret to say that they are better in most areas than our favourite AZ ships. The ships are amazingly spacious - the smallest suites are bigger than theAZ standard suites and the bars and other areas large and comfortable. The complinentary tours are on a par with AZtours , the food is better and speciality restaurants have no extra charge. Service is about the same as AZ the staff, CD etc. and officers engage with guests and are responsive. As newcomers the intangible ambience does not match AZ with whom we have enjoyed over 20 cruises - but cost is an issue for us and we find Regent offers better value. I would not travel again on Regent Navigator (a much older ship). I will still be looking out for AZ offers

To those complaining how excessive Azamara's cruise prices have become (I tend to agree with you) the Revenue Managers are correct. They only have two small ships that are easy to fill. It's all you cheerleaders who sail Azamara excessively ( :D ) that caused your own problem. It's simply supply and demand. If they believe they can get it...and do...then they were correct. They can always adjust their prices downward if they're wrong and have a year or more to do it.

However demand is so high amongst many cruise lines that others are doing it too. I call it the greed factor. Don't worry the pendulum will eventually swing back.

Care to check out Pursuit, April 6th and look at the available cabins and tell me where the demand is? Pretty sure it’s not there. So why is the cost of a balcony still $1,000 cdn a day? And that’s with their “sale” crazy pricing that they’ll end up having a fire sale on it.

Care to check out Pursuit, April 6th and look at the available cabins and tell me where the demand is? Pretty sure it’s not there. So why is the cost of a balcony still $1,000 cdn a day? And that’s with their “sale” crazy pricing that they’ll end up having a fire sale on it.

Hi CJ,

Are you quoting per couple or per person in your daily prices? The US prices are saying $3299 pp for club veranda, which is 472 per diem. And I bet it’ll be included in sales [eventually] since April is a shoulder season...demand can be hard to predict.

Now here's a wild card for you...we are actually looking seriously at Regent Cruise Line, whose prices would have scared the stuffin' out of us years ago.

BUT WAIT - Regent's quite high high quoted price is truly all inclusive - all beverages at all times (like Az), AND for cruises outside the USA Business Class Air, AND for all cruises all the time shore excursions are also included.

So add it all up...Business Class Air to Barcelona + all shore excursions...I bet you'll find as we have that Regent is at least worth considering.

Has anybody done Regent & could comment?

O was a frequent Regent customer and have taken 28 and 36 day cruises with them When they say ALL inclusive they mean it the price you pay going in is your final price. And when you add all the value, air, liquor,tours together it makes is very reasonable. Further here in the USA we have agents who will discount you/ rebate you 8 to 10% off the fare you booked The food is outstanding, way beyond other lines except Oceania.. ( which I feel is currently the best at sea) The Azamara cruise fare of ( when you add your air, grats, tours transfers etc) comes in at about $700.00 per day per person...for a friggen' inside cabin. That is an obscene ripoff ! Hence my original question...are they kidding!!!

Now After some Regent cruises, I decided that I did not want all the extras and wanted to pick and choose what I got. Regent's sister is Oceania which offers the choice of air on not, Liquor or not, tours or not.. The Ala carte version of Regent, except as mentioned I think Oceania has better cuisine and options

Looking at an Oceania cruise to Norway without air or liquor It comes in at $325 a day... almost 50% less than Azamara !!!.

Azamara may fill their ships but it will be with suckers willing to pay double what other premium/ luxury lines are charging.

Id look ar Oceania if your considering a jump up from Azamara and get an agent who will rebate you 8-10% and you wont look back.