Elite Perks

cruiserjanet

We are on as Elite for the first time without being in a suite. I saw nothing different in our room except the mini bar setup (which we traded for water). The Princess website clearly states "Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved for Suite guests". Our cabin steward (who is great) said this wasn't the case so we went to Passenger Services after dinner and asked about it. The kind lady said it's up to the discretion of the ship whether they put the upgraded amenities in our room. Now we don't want anything other than what we are entitled to so I'm asking seasoned Elite passengers what are we entitled to?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yes, it should be a little gold coloured baggie with upgraded amenties for you..... ask your room steward to ask his supervisor for them. You should get better shampoo/conditioner/ and an assortment of goodies in that bag.

let us know if you do get it.

thanks!

yes, it should be a little gold coloured baggie with upgraded amenties for you..... ask your room steward to ask his supervisor for them. You should get better shampoo/conditioner/ and an assortment of goodies in that bag.

thanks!

Yes, you should get this. It's not up to the ship. It's a part of your promised and printed Elite Perks.

Yup, just that. And the free laundry. Plus the mini-bar setup that you exchanged for water. And the access to the PSE Lounge.

We received this a couple weeks ago on the Grand and also on the Regal a few months ago. The one thing missing that I used was a shower cap.

15a5de071ea5c3560c3aaa90a3b44668.jpg76c58b51ba4354d136e0e9d261c3d100.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me
Forgot to add something

thanks!

Hmm, we never got shampoo. I just now noticed that it is conditioner. I thought it was actually a hand lotion. Goes to show how closely we pay attention.

I remember receiving lip balm, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, eye mask, sisal mitt, cotton balls, and linen mist the last time we sailed. On previous cruises, other items such as sewing kits and shoe shine pads were also in the mix. The Captains Circle rep should be able to make sure you get what you've earned.

Perhaps going to talk to the onboard Captains Circle host would be a good idea - If anyone can sort it out for you it should be them :)

Good luck!

Agree! The Captains Circle host would definitely be the person to see.

I don't use the items which do vary from sailing to sailing BUT my granddaughters like them. :)

LuLu

Do these amenities get replenished if you do you use them? Two q-tips would last us a day! Or is it just one bag of goodies per cabin per cruise?

Not quite elite, but almost!

Our experience is one per cruise. The only useful item (for us anyway) was the lip balm. YMMV

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Do these amenities get replenished if you do you use them? Two q-tips would last us a day! Or is it just one bag of goodies per cabin per cruise?

Not quite elite, but almost!

No, and we bring our own qtips lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Had trouble getting online again and had to go to the Piazza to do it. That mesh bag appeared in our room after we went to Passenger Services even after she told me it was at the discretion of the ship. Funny how that works. [emoji57] Tendering into Princess Cays as Elite was a breeze. They sat us in a separate section in the dining room and then took us to the next available tender. The only "he said, he said" issue came when changing our booze to water. Our cabin steward said room service was supposed to do it but room service said our cabin steward was supposed to do it. I don't care who is supposed to do it. Someone do it please. It got done. Everything has been great so far. Small things but not worth mentioning nor are they affecting our enjoyment of the cruise.

The only "he said, he said" issue came when changing our booze to water. Our cabin steward said room service was supposed to do it but room service said our cabin steward was supposed to do it. I don't care who is supposed to do it. Someone do it please. It got done. Everything has been great so far. Small things but not worth mentioning nor are they affecting our enjoyment of the cruise.

It's definitely the responsibility of Room Service. They "own" the booze and are responsible for its distribution.

Hi. Had trouble getting online again and had to go to the Piazza to do it. That mesh bag appeared in our room after we went to Passenger Services even after she told me it was at the discretion of the ship. Funny how that works. [emoji57] Tendering into Princess Cays as Elite was a breeze. They sat us in a separate section in the dining room and then took us to the next available tender. The only "he said, he said" issue came when changing our booze to water. Our cabin steward said room service was supposed to do it but room service said our cabin steward was supposed to do it. I don't care who is supposed to do it. Someone do it please. It got done. Everything has been great so far. Small things but not worth mentioning nor are they affecting our enjoyment of the cruise.

We switched out our mini bar within a couple hours of boarding three weeks ago. Luckily, room service answered immediately and we had the requested alcohol items replaced before we set sail. This was on the Grand. We were very impressed with the service onboard. This was not the case when on the Regal, however. Nobody in room service picked up the phone on day one, so we went to passenger services to have them call so we could get a pre-purchased water package delivered. (Another story). Interestingly enough,room service picked up the phone ASAP when the call was placed via passenger services desk.

When you go to the Elite nightly function, you could always ask others if they've received the amenities.

Glad it is working out for you