Microwave onboard

rbslos18

There aren't any microwaves onboard for passenger or crew use. Depending on what you want it for the best you can do is try to heat something by submerging it in hot water from horizon court.

The kitchen staff has microwave ovens they use constantly and their much more powerful than the ones we have at home.

I have been asked by a group member if there is a microwave oven that passengers have access to. I have personally never seen one, but thought I should ask.

Well I am VERY disappointed!

I clicked into this thread expecting to read an inquiry about whether a passenger would be allowed to bring on board a microwave for their room because their children couldn't live without Hot Pockets or some other food.

Just think of the replies from others detailing how they managed to smuggle one on board.

At least it's not another beverage policy thread.

I have been asked by a group member if there is a microwave oven that passengers have access to. I have personally never seen one, but thought I should ask.

Ok, i'll bite......I have to ask what they want one for? In case there is not enough food available onboard :eek:

I clicked into this thread expecting to read an inquiry about whether a passenger would be allowed to bring on board a microwave for their room because their children couldn't live without Hot Pockets or some other food.

Just think of the replies from others detailing how they managed to smuggle one on board.

HILLARIOUS!!! Takes the "rum-runners" to a WHOLE new level bahahaha

Edited by Ando

We had one on our recent Princess cruise. It was no good at all. It had no glass window to see the food inside. The digital code pad on the front only locked the door,it didn't heat the food up. And why was it in the clothes closet (Wardrobe):)

Just another downgrade by Princess :mad: . Last cruise I left my slice of pizza in it for 20 mins and it was still cold. :eek:

Just another downgrade by Princess :mad: . Last cruise I left my slice of pizza in it for 20 mins and it was still cold. :eek:

For when you absolutely, positively have to guarantee that you have a slice of pizza for those 3am munchies...:rolleyes:

We had one on our recent Princess cruise. It was no good at all. It had no glass window to see the food inside. The digital code pad on the front only locked the door,it didn't heat the food up. And why was it in the clothes closet (Wardrobe):)

Where is the like button when you need it?

likebutton1.jpg

Well... I think the standard method used to be to disguise it as a case of wine but then Princess started enforcing their wine policy so now it's pretty hard to smuggle one onboard at all.

:

This was from a geniune complaint from a passenger to guest services on board a cruise ship once. They said the microwave in their cabin didn't work lol.

Some of you have probably been to the questions and answer welcome meetings held on board for past guests as I have. Some of them have been unbelievable. One of my favourites was " What do you do with the ice carvings when they have melted " :):eek: