2018 Itineraries - Now Available (10/28/15) & World Cruise ?

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I noticed this Tweet from Azamara UK MD Richard Twynam. Seems Azamara will be announcing at least some details about 2018 itineraries today. I'm also hearing rumors about a possible world cruise on Journey from Sydney to London.

Hopefully, we'll be hearing the 2018 itinerary details shortly !

Here's the Tweet :

Richard Twynam

‏@RichardTwynam

Finally it's here 2015 @AzamaraVoyages UK Destination Panel, at the beautiful Penthouse @PureNewZealand Its time for 2018 itineraries!

Noooo

World Cup...need to hide this info from someone :)

over 100 days would be great, but it only works for the retired I fear

I am sure like Cunard it will be sold in segments though - that's what I'm hoping. Even if I'm retired then family commitments would probably mean no to 100 days....lets see what's on offer and when though

Edited by uktog

Noooo

World Cup...need to hide this info from someone :)

over 100 days would be great, but it only works for the retired I fear

I am sure like Cunard it will be sold in segments though - that's what I'm hoping. Even if I'm retired then family commitments would probably mean no to 100 days....lets see what's on offer and when though

And those that can afford and justify it! Ok, I'll start with a guess at the fare for an inside. I say £20,000 per person.

Would love to do it, but maybe another few years........

Phil

And those that can afford and justify it! Ok, I'll start with a guess at the fare for an inside. I say £20,000 per person.

Would love to do it, but maybe another few years........

Phil

As already mentioned a World Cruise is only for the retired. I'm not retired and much as I love Azamara, I would never choose to sail 100 days on such a small ship. If they do split it up into segments then that could be appealing.

Technically a half round the world cruise as surely a round the world cruise starts and finishes at the same place.

With the average weight gain 1LB per day I would be a frightening sight at the end,

Not too good at the moment after 2 weeks on Quest.

I blame Iwan.

Can I sue for new clothes!!!???

Sadly, I don't! :D

Hope you enjoy your Anthem cruise Phil. Bon Voyage.

Neither do I Lottie !

Phil : Have a wonderful time on Anthem, and Bon Voyage from us too.

"... we will be sending an email with a high-level preview to LCV members on 10/27. These voyages will be bookable on 11/2."

Where did you get 2nd November from please, as the TW article seems to indicate mid November for going on sale?

Hi Everyone,

This article, http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-cruise-where-the-ship-isnt-the-primary-destination-20151026-gkigmr.html also lends support to some or all of 2018 opening sometime next week. However, in the past, LCV members (and CC members) get wind of details sooner.

At any rate, looks like the 2018 details are near. Stay Tuned !

The prospect for a 100 day eight segment line voyage from Australia to UK is very interesting. Increasingly, cruise lines are bundling cruises together to create the opportunity for global circumnavigation. With Australia as a major growth area for cruise passengers, Azamara would be wise to try and tap this market as soon as possible.

Of course one issue that will arise for anyone undertaking the complete voyage, is that roughly every ten days, they will have to disembark the ship, re-embark, have another picture taken, register your credit card, complete another health declaration and sit through another solus safety drill, and be issued with another key/cruise card.

All this is necessary currently because the onboard RCI based system cannot cope with anything other than a single voyage. In fact, we were told that on a lengthy charter the system locked up, because it had not been reset for a new voyage for some time. This caused consternation and pandemonium as all ship board systems froze until the cause of the problem was understood and the system reset.

Until RCI come up with a better system in line with most other cruise lines undertaking similar lengthy voyages, perhaps those thinking of the whole 100 day experience, might wish to reconsider. For those that regard this re-embarkation process as trifling, it means your opportunity for shore based activities on turn round day is restricted, as we found recently on the Journey.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Hi Master Echo,

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Yes, this is something that's been going on for years in the RCCL family. However, I'm very unsure if this is solely a technology issue. I was on Princess cruise last week, and back to back cruisers also had to go through a similar pattern as on Azamara, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity etc. Of course, some of this may be due to where the ship is located, along with local and government regulations.

Knowing Azamara, they will do everything possible to make certain the process will be as easy as possible. IMHO, none of the turnaround process - which shouldn't take very long, would ever stop me from considering such a wonderful cruise experience.

Thanks again, and all the best to you !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Master Echo,

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Yes, this is something that's been going on for years in the RCCL family. However, I'm very unsure if this is solely a technology issue. I was on Princess cruise last week, and back to back cruisers also had to go through a similar pattern as on Azamara, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity etc. Of course, some of this may be due to where the ship is located, along with local and government regulations.

Knowing Azamara, they will do everything possible to make certain the process will be as easy as possible. IMHO, none of the turnaround process - which shouldn't take very long, would ever stop me from considering such a wonderful cruise experience.

Thanks again, and all the best to you !

*I lost count how often i have done this 5 minute check out and then back to my cabin..somewhere in the first 24 hours -sometimes forgotten i run down with my CC. last winter did it 5 times.. the drill i just sit there and relax.what 15 minutes in my life.. no biggie Edited by ellbon

Very strange to call a Sydney to London trip a "round the world cruise." Oh well. It is indeed very long and has its many, many attractions.

Especially with a Singapore to Singapore segment in the middle. Two weeks later and you've not made any progress :)

Master Echo: Your point and issue are a bit shocking. I had no idea this was a problem, and indeed, it would get in the way of tours or port explorations (or any other fun) on turnaround days. We've been on World Cruises on only Seabourn and Crystal and they had their systems well-coordinated with none of this complicated business. I thought Azamara was aiming for luxury?